what did you learn the hard way?

You are the winner of the "pain and suffering" award. Yikes!! I bet you were terrified. That's quite the lesson to learn!

It was painful, but I wasn't too terrified.

I don't register emotions much generally, it seems.

Two people I know lost their jobs due to (perceived) attitude problems.

One of them owns a house, so her position is kind of scary. She knows she was not in the best frame of mind for her job, but they just gave her a huge pay cut.

The other one didn't take much of the responsibility for the situation.

Not to approach too closely to trees with monkeys in them. :|

I've learned quite a bit of lessons.

First one was when I was about 6.... Never leave your hand on the door frame when the door is about to shut.... I was distracted, talking to my friend that I left my right hand on the door frame and the door has slammed onto my fingers... resulting a broken finger.

Second one is when I was 14... Never say something that you'll regret as it may be your last word to them.... I said awful thing to mother who was sick with cancer... on the next day, she passed away, never heard me to apologize what I have said to her.

Third one was about three years ago... Never go into kitchen lights off middle of the night... I got up middle of the night to go to the kitchen to get something to drink. Somehow I knocked the glass onto the ground and while I was trying to find the switch for the light, I stepped onto big glass, resulting having to have glass pulled out of me and not walk without pain for almost two weeks.

Some things that I've learned the hard way not to do: do cartwheels in the dark. I broke my hand doing this when I was 9.

I recently learned why I should not drive under the influence of pain killers. I left the ER cuz there was no one to take me back home and I didn't want to stay in the ER for six hours. I don't see well in the dark nad I went over the curb and blew out two front tires. Better my car than someone else though.

Learned the hard way why papers should not be lying on the floor. I broke my knee a few years ago when I slipped on a piece of paper in the grocery store. They paid for my trip to the hosiptial. I had bursitis in my right hip for two years after I broke my knee as a result of my fall in the grocery store.

I learned that I should not throw a lit match into the trash can if I decided to smoke up after getting drunk. That was when I was in my late teens. :shock:

I learned that old firecrackers are not safe to use! I took one if my brother old small firecracker to use on Halloween. I was out with my girlfriend and I lite the
firecracker and when it throw it but it was stuck to my fingers and I could not get it off fast enough!! The firecracker when off in my hand and SHIT did it hurt like HELL! I did not dare to look at my hand as I thought my fingers got blown off! I wearing swearing my ass off ,[ someone posted this stop pain] and it not true my hand hurt like hell!
I was also very stubborn as a child and did not like my older sister telling me what to do all the time!! My sister was trying to make rock candy and warned hot to touch the hot sugar! Boy this was one time I wish I listen to my sister! That hot sugar burned like hell! I found out the hard way ! I do not think I heard
my sister say it was really hot !

Learned the hard way

I learned a lot the hard way, like most of you have said..an it does teach us.

I learned people may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel when you said it...

and my personal favorite...please remember I was a younger women when I learned this lesson.....Mixing Tequila and wine..DOES NOT ..laughing make a yummy fruity drink....thought I was gonns die...I quit drinking shortly after that..smile....Midnight♥♥♥

I learned that friendship is give and take. I should have learned this in middle school, but because I didn't have friends during middle school, I didn't really learn this until I was in my late teens.

I learn to be stronger woman as i'm still passive in some ways!

I learn to not let someone walk over me.

I'm still learning not to bottle my emotions. It's a hard lesson to learn.

I learned that old firecrackers are not safe to use!

Wow. You are SO lucky that the worst that happened to you was a painful hand! A boy I knew in high school blew up a little cherry bomb. It exploded right in his hand, near his face as he was bending over to look at it. He lost two fingers and unfortunately, the sight of both eyes, as well as scarring his face for life. He was 17 years old at the time.

I learned a lot the hard way, like most of you have said..an it does teach us.

I learned people may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel when you said it...

and my personal favorite...please remember I was a younger women when I learned this lesson.....Mixing Tequila and wine..DOES NOT ..laughing make a yummy fruity drink....thought I was gonns die...I quit drinking shortly after that..smile....Midnight♥♥♥
Wow, that sounds ... bad. ;)

I am still learning that it's not a good idea to sleep on the floor. My fibromyalgia is getting harder to deal with and I just cannot get up off the floor anymore.

That just about everyone else is as self-conscious about crap as you are.

That people don't tend to view you as harshly as you view yourself. (talking about body image here) I've struggled with weight gain and have found myself in the past not even wanting to go out thinking I'm not worthwhile since I'm not such a "hot" chick any more. Now, I realize it's more important to be healthy.

That just about everyone else is as self-conscious about crap as you are.

That people don't tend to view you as harshly as you view yourself. (talking about body image here) I've struggled with weight gain and have found myself in the past not even wanting to go out thinking I'm not worthwhile since I'm not such a "hot" chick any more. Now, I realize it's more important to be healthy.

That's an important lesson to learn. :)

Being cool isn't all that it is made out to be. In fact, it's overrated.

Back