Post your audiogram

Kristina, any family history at all? Whether yes or no, do you know if your mom was sick (flu-like) while pregnant with you? If so, it could be CMV which is hereditary after a mother contracts it.

Mom was never sick when pregnant with me. Now at this point, I am unable to ask her as she is losing her memory. No one on her side ever had any hearing loss that we know of. My father had a hearing loss in one ear as a result of either scarlet fever or malaria while in Korea and Japan for the Korean conflict. The Army fitted him with his first hearing aid. In his family for as far back as we know there was no hearing loss.

On hubby's side, there is no hearing loss on either his mother's side or his father's side.

Kristina, any family history at all? Whether yes or no, do you know if your mom was sick (flu-like) while pregnant with you? If so, it could be CMV which is hereditary after a mother contracts it.
Just read some information on that. Googled cytomegalovirus hearing loss. When hearing loss happens as a result of congenital CMV, it starts high frequency. If it progresses to mid-frequency, then it is likely to progress to severe-profound. Diagnosis is important, because there is an anti-viral med that can stop the progression. May be responsible for up to 20% of all pediatric hearing loss.

So it would be highly unusual with a cookie-bite.

Just ask Google!! :cool2:

Mom was never sick when pregnant with me. Now at this point, I am unable to ask her as she is losing her memory. No one on her side ever had any hearing loss that we know of. My father had a hearing loss in one ear as a result of either scarlet fever or malaria while in Korea and Japan for the Korean conflict. The Army fitted him with his first hearing aid. In his family for as far back as we know there was no hearing loss.

On hubby's side, there is no hearing loss on either his mother's side or his father's side.

Very interesting. We suspected my mom contracted CMV (she displayed all the symptoms of it, just like Jillio did) as my hearing loss progressed worse as I got older. I remember you mentioning before that your hearing loss progressed, so I thought I'd throw that out there. It can be confirmed through a blood test.

Hey I know most of this thread is older but I came across this online audiogram tool and thought some might be interested.

Audiogram creator

I will attempt to do mine and post it...

K here goes...

I couldnt get Internet Explorer to let me save the image, but it worked well in Firefox....must be due to the .png format

Attachments

• audiogram.png
    audiogram.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 36
I don't mind to show mine:

scan004-1-1.jpg

deaf as a post :)

Fuzzy

they were finished and I ask them if I could see my audiograms. They say no because it is only for SSI and I cant complain so I could get a peek. .

It's my understanding that under HIPPA, we are allowed to get or see the report, no matter who paid for it.

please se my audiogramm and advice me do i use hearing aid or go for operation. dr told me to do th operation means ned to replace the bone,

dragonman3000 said:
they were finished and I ask them if I could see my audiograms. They say no because it is only for SSI and I cant complain so I could get a peek. .

It's my understanding that under HIPPA, we are allowed to get or see the report, no matter who paid for it.

Yeah, there's probably some special way of asking you have to comply with. If I just ask my doctor to show me my medical records he doesn't have to, but if I write to the practice manager and tell him I want to see them under the Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Data Access Request regulations he has to send them to me. I suspect a similar thing exists for your regulations, they probably have to give it to you, but you probably have to ask for it the way they have to give it to you IYSWIM!

Mudkipz, are you same guy on HJ named Carlos or something, you had N22 on old ear and AB last year, how are you doing?, nice to see you here, how is the college
Your N22 seems to do better in your audiogram than AB? Am I wrong

Is 120 the standard now? My audiogram only goes from -10 -- 110.

Kristina, you could have a de novo mutation. Sometimes, mutations just happen and are passed on to the next generation. Consider yourself a trendsetter. :P

Back