what if someone wake ups while surgery isn't over

I had two surgeries last month and fortunately, I didn't wake up during the surgery. It felt like a few seconds after I went to sleep, I woke up. No memories at all of sleeping.

Thanks goodness I didn't wakes up while I had some test done at the hospital two months ago. But I didn't like to get waken up by a nurse as I was really enjoying my beauty dreamy sleep. I want that needle again that put me to a nice sleep. :giggle:

I had a friend who underwent surgery for her knees and she woke up screaming during the surgery! She was sueing the hospital for that. I think she won the lawsuit. Not sure. But she was winning big time. You have to take body weight into consideration when you administer anesthesia(sp).

I didn't have "surgery" but I didn't have enough pain meds in my IV when I was given a chest intubation after my car accident. The heart surgeon was very, very pissed! I was in a lot of pain because they were putting that tube into my collapsed lung.

I kinda experienced something like that only it wasnt waking up during surgery. It was the pain meds not working during surgery and I screamed and screamed (was never put to sleep as it was minor) when they were cutting my arm open. I got a glimse of what murder victims must have felt when being tortured before finally dying. I would rather be dead to experience that kind of pain again!

I remember getting my tonsils out when I was 5 years old waking up in the surgery room for a split second, the doc face there lol and next thing, I knew went back to sleep.

I'm so glad that never happened to me...but when I was four, I have thrown a fit when the nurse has brought me to the Surgery room...I was hysterical so they had to put me to asleep as I was crying and screaming lying on the bed, being held down and before I know it, I was asleep. The surgery room was so scary looking, so therefore I think that's why I have thrown a fit.

But then when I had another surgery at age seven to replace my broken CI, they had put me to asleep in post operation room before they take me to operation room so I won't have a fit...so therefore I was asleep way before they took me to operation room.

I know this may sound silly but I still have fear of seeing operation room...I don't know why...but I guess because of my experience when I was only four has really frightened me that I happen to be afraid to see operation room ever again.

Thanks goodness I didn't wakes up while I had some test done at the hospital two months ago. But I didn't like to get waken up by a nurse as I was really enjoying my beauty dreamy sleep. I want that needle again that put me to a nice sleep. :giggle:

Me too. I don't like to keep wake up during surgery. I hate to scream and pain as hell. I prefer to put sleep IV.

I used to awake while surgery on my ingrown big toe. It's pain as HELL!!!! I hate the needle shot on my big toe to numb. It's PAINFUL really bad! I screamed so LOUD!!!! It happened to me twice times. I hate it! I am glad it's all over with ingrown nails. It was happened when I was 10 and 12 years old.

I will have a surgery on Tuesday. I MUST to have a SLEEP IV before cut my skin at operation room!!!!!

scary but I learned from some sources that relatively few people don't get enough benefit from anesthesia and they wake up when surgery is still on and they may suffer from great pain :eek:

what do ya think of this
bummer!

I wasn't put to sleep, but during my second c-section the numbness from the epidural wore off and I felt the whole process of the clean-up and the cut & tie of my tubes. Not nice at all. Luckily I have a high threshhold for pain. Someone drove over my foot and I didn't feel it. Must be the vitamins I take.:giggle:

never been there but want to be curious what it is like for myself.

I have eye surgery back 2000 and had open surgery which means that I will be awake while I have surgery to put implant in back of my eyeball. When they put me meds that make me so sleepy and no feeling pain at all. Then I woke up in middle of surgery, the plastic was cover my face except the eye where they operated on and I can feel my head moving and feeling the popping (maybe that is my eyeball) then I started to panicked only the thing is that I don't feel pain. The nurses was telling me to realx cuz my heart rate went up. Then they give me shot to go sleep. It was scary to me. Then I got out of hospital (on same day I had surgery)......few hours later, OMG the worst pain came when the numb goes away on my face and I felt like my eyeball going to pop out. It was worst surgery ever. I couldn't sleep at night and went see doctor in morning and he said that never happened him and I slapped him, of course. lol It wasn't successful because I had side effects that I will have for rest of my life. Can't take the implant out from what my doctors told me. I get headaches and swollen in my eye. I will never do open surgery ever again and don't you ever do that. Plus the funny thing I noticed I had scar on my forehead and my mom told me that was from my open surgery that had big ass needle to make my face damn numb. That's it.

Is that implant an experiment? for myopia retinal degeneration??

:iough:The title of this thread make me wanna :Ohno: Haven't read the whole thing, just the title, that's what scares me.

I've had one surgery that was a quick one, about half an hour to an hour when I was a kid. The last thing I remember was them squirting a yucky liquid into my mouth. I don't even remember waking up.

ohhh, that's scary. it remind me of movie called "awake" with jessica alba.

Oh boy, I didn't wake in the operation room in 1977 for heart repair and Herina repair except the dental operation very horrific heart attack back in 1994, IV handler forgot to get new IV bag when it's empty. After dental operation completed and they transferred me to Cardicology ICU.

Back