Phonak Naida Q70 BTE opinion

WHAT!?!?!?

Reaction score
Pros? Cons?

I had another set of Phonak hearing aids for the last 7 years and loved them and the sound quality.

Yesterday, I got a brand new pair of Phonak Naida Q70 BTE hearing aids and absolutely hate they way they sound.

I am a musician and these things make my guitar sound like I am using a crappy, Korean made processor on it and the sound has a very robotic sounding overtone to it. I have noticed the same thing on other sounds.

Is this something that can be corrected with some tweaking by my audiologist? If not, I'll be keeping these in the case when it comes to playing music.

Did you have a trial run with them? I had the same experience when I got my Starkey digital. It made my Latin guitar sound like a toy. I absolutely hated it and nothing sounded right, so I quickly replaced them with Widex. It stinks, some things you just don't notice until after you leave the audi office. If you describe what you're experiencing next office visit, maybe she/he can be correct it....

Laura

Thanks Lau2046

I just realized I had the model wrong. They are Naida Q50 UP. I spent over 2 hours with my audiologist recently and still haven't got the crap worked out of them. She said she tried every single thing available that could be configured on them. She even talked to someone from Phonac with no results. I even went as far as bringing my acoustic guitar to the office so I could test with a purer tone instead of the recordings she was using.

They seem to think it is the molds or just me. I am positive it is neither. I have been a musician most of my life and I know what I am hearing and this is something that is getting added by the amp circuitry or some of the processing.

I don't really have the option of replacing them with something else because they were provided by Vocational Rehabilitation Services and the cost of getting others would make it totally impossible.

I know it has something to do with the processing it does for the mics because when I use the audio in on my Com Pilot, the noise isn't there. When I plug straight from our Aviom Monitors at Church to my Com Pilot it sounds OK too.

The noise is present in almost everything, even my wife and daughter's voices. The music setting is a little better because I told her to remove all of the feedback control and all other processing and just turn them down a little to avoid feedback but it is still in the setting a little to.

I'm still looking for any advice on what can be done with these to make it a little better if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Back