Stethoscope

ncote418

Reaction score
Is there anyone in the medical field and uses a stethoscope? I have profound hearing loss in both ears and obviously cannot wear a normal stethoscope due to having hearing aids in both aids. Does anyone recommend a type of stethoscope? I am an EMT and aspiring to be a physician assistant.

This is me liking Bottesini's comment.

On a side note: good luck to you as you start out! I know you will do well - if I heard there was a doctor, physicians assistant, etc, who was d/Deaf/HOH in my area, I would be sure to go to the place they work at.
Best of wishes!

-Jason

I actually got that stethoscope two years ago. It does not work very well... When I put headphones in it, it only goes through one of the ear buds. I also tried a com-pilot with it and it still did not work. would it be broken or it doesn't work for me?

I got sick on a weekend and went to ER and the doctor I had was HOH and he told me he had a stethoscope that was made for HOH people.

There is a doctor who knows ASL. He has an office locally, and not too far from where I'm at.

While waiting for time to pass before being able to get something else done I went looking for the user name of a hoh nurse that I remember posting here. It is hohDougRN. He has not been around as much as he used to be but his last post was August 28, 2014. If you could make contact with him, he very well may have ideas for you.

If you end up with a CI. I know one of the research audiologist at cochlear, they developed specific mapping for listening with a stethoscope

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back