• Total voters

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
YOUR OWN NAME?

You do not have to tell me your name.

just saying

Yes or No.

:fruit:

No. I was called by my first name until age nine.

Then because I couldn't say it, they changed it over to my middle name. (Which I can make a pretty good shot at pronouncing.)

But that really messes with a person's identity.

But after growing up, I am just called by my nickname, which takes some of that anger away.

No. I was called by my first name until age nine.

Then because I couldn't say it, they changed it over to my middle name. (Which I can make a pretty good shot at pronouncing.)

But that really messes with a person's identity.

But after growing up, I am just called by my nickname, which takes some of that anger away.

Im sorry. did your parents know about it?

Im sorry. did your parents know about it?

Know that they changed my name? Yes my parents are the ones who did this.

Know that I had a lot of anger? Probably not, since I was a defenseless child who would have been beaten within an inch of my life if I had dared to express it.

Yeah, I like my name. My first and middle names are pretty common (Paul is fairly common, my first name is also somewhat common), but both names are rare enough that I usually don't run into another person about my age with either of them.

-Jason

Yeah, even as far as shortening it to Jess from Jessica Eileen (second is middle name). Growing up, I was called either, but if I got into some kind of trouble, I was called by my entire legal name! :P

Me? I do like my first and last name, but my middle one, not so much.

Yeah, even as far as shortening it to Jess from Jessica Eileen (second is middle name). Growing up, I was called either, but if I got into some kind of trouble, I was called by my entire legal name! :P

Not everyone shortens it though :P And has quite often called you by your entire legal name too!! :laugh2:

When I was born, I did not get my name right away until few days later. My mother wanted to name a baby boy Anthony (Tony). The doctor tried to tell my mother it was a baby girl. Then the doctor got the idea of the Queen of France "Marie Antoinette" so he put Antoinette on my birth certificate.

Later while I was growing up, the priest (Catholic) gave me the christening name as Cecelia who my mother hate the name.

Back then, I did not have naming ceremony for Native name. In Native Culture, we were suppose to say our middle names, not the first names. But my mother would rather have me name "Toni" better than Cecelia. I like my first name both real and nickname better than the middle name. :)

When I was working, older gentlemen use to tell me that they use to have a dog with my name. HAHA

I like my name though.

My answer says yes

Why because I do kept my own ID for years I never change ID since I was born my parents and my family knew and kept me my own name..

When I was working, older gentlemen use to tell me that they use to have a dog with my name. HAHA

I like my name though.
The first dog my sister ever had, had the same name as me except with a K. She didn't realize it until her roommate pointed it out to her. So after that it was a tad confusing to hear my name (nickname/shortened form) called but she meant the dang dog lol.

He's been gone for a few years now :( .

I like mine very much. It's Andrea. And not a lot of people have that name. It's not really uncommon at all, but not that common either.

I don't mind my own name, its Brandon, and there aren't a lot of Brandon's around that are 40+, so I didn't meet a single Brandon as I was growing up here in Australia

Back