2011 taxes

I don't qualify for EIC because I am not 24 years old and I don't have a child. Oh well.

???
I don't think age is a factor. I don't have a qualifying child either and still I got EIC.

Lee

???
I don't think age is a factor. I don't have a qualifying child either and still I got EIC.

Lee

you missed the last sentence -

You do not have a qualifying child and you earned less than $13,440 ($18,440 if married filing jointly).

you missed the last sentence -

oh I didn't miss anything, I replied to someone who wrote:
I don't qualify for EIC because I am not 24 years old and I don't have a child. Oh well.

this person didn't say how much she/he earned,, just age and child.. so I pointed out that age and being childless is not a factor.

Lee

oh I didn't miss anything, I replied to someone who wrote:

this person didn't say how much she/he earned,, just age and child.. so I pointed out that age and being childless is not a factor.

Lee

she's a college student. that's how much she earns :giggle:

Eh, my annual salary is actually higher than the 13k as of this 2011 year, but I'll deal with that later when it comes to filing 2011 taxes. Lol.

But hey, I qualify for all 3 of the other education credits. xD

Eh, my annual salary is actually higher than the 13k as of this 2011 year, but I'll deal with that later when it comes to filing 2011 taxes. Lol.

But hey, I qualify for all 3 of the other education credits. xD

somehow... I doubt you'd ever make more than $13,000 in 2011. And it's not a salary if you receive paycheck based on hourly pays and/or if you're not a full-time employee of company with benefits usually.

Never heard of a college student making that much especially from internship.

somehow... I doubt you'd ever make more than $13,000. And it's not a salary if you receive paycheck based on hourly pays and/or if you're not a full-time employee of company with benefits usually.

Never heard of a college student making that much especially from internship.
I have a friend who made 50k at an internship when he was in college, fyi.

Now you've heard it.

BTW, I think Sheila will make more than 13k this year, for sure.

everybody in my division (or government, perhaps) have to enter their hourly time of working into computer system, so it's not just me getting paychecks based on hours. (Although no one cares what time we enter into the system everyday as long we work 8 hours per day)

everybody in my division (or government, perhaps) have to enter their hourly time of working into computer system, so it's not just me getting paychecks based on hours. (Although no one cares what time we enter into the system everyday as long we work 8 hours per day)

just because full-time employees in your division entered their hours in the computer doesn't mean they're earning hourly-based income. It's the government thing to keep record of everything.

Full-Time Employee = 40 hrs a week minimum

If it's 38 hrs, the employee has to make up for it by going to work early or stay at work longer or possibly work on Saturday.

For you - your employment status is neither full-time nor part-time... nor contractor. You are a college student on time-limit internship... meaning you most likely won't get more than $13,000 because of labor/tax law. PFH and I had a private discussion and he understood what was I talking about.

You can contact your human resource department for more details.

Umm...I do actually have to work at least 40 hours per week and I am considered "full time temporary employee" until I at least return to school, and once I return to school, I can become part-time employee and placed into one of those government student internship programs. I'm not in any of the government student internship programs now. I was just hired directly.

And I may not make more than 13k per year because that would mean working for them full time whole year, which I'm not planning out for.

Umm...I do actually have to work at least 40 hours per week and I am considered "full time temporary employee" until I at least return to school, and once I return to school, I can become part-time employee and placed into one of those government student internship programs. I'm not in any of the government student internship programs now. I was just hired directly.

And I may not make more than 13k per year because that would mean working for them full time whole year, which I'm not planning out for.

bingo. there you go.

Is a tax deduction or credit that I may take as a non-matriculated student who took a course in the fall?

I filed the federal tax with free TurboTax in last month and got small refund and will file the state tax in this month.

They can be filed on separate dates?

OH yeah. Few time that I have refund from Fed Tax and I owe state tax. So I decided to go ahead file Fed tax first. Once I receive the moolah from Fed, then I file State tax. That take care of what I owe.

OH yeah. Few time that I have refund from Fed Tax and I owe state tax. So I decided to go ahead file Fed tax first. Once I receive the moolah from Fed, then I file State tax. That take care of what I owe.

Oic, as long as it is done by March 15th, lol. thanks

Back