Better alternative to bathing the baby in the kitchen sink????

Guess who?
(Sorry, I had to airbrush the cute tush out but these days one has to be careful. :( )

Everytime I did the kids - I always bleached ther sink both before and after the kids. I also bleach the bathtubs before and after kids went in. I still (they are 14 & 15) bleach the kitchen sink and the shower (no bathtub) daily. I'm also allergic to bleach. Go figure.

instead of bleach, why don't you use vinegar? it does the same job as bleach but it's more environmental-friendly. and plus baking soda.

Guess who?
(Sorry, I had to airbrush the cute tush out but these days one has to be careful. :( )

lol! good old time. Lot of stuff were in porcelain back then. From what I see in my baby picture, I believe I was bathed in metal sink.

My mom has pics of me taking baths in the kitchen sink. I didnt give my children baths in the sink because I never thought about it.

instead of bleach, why don't you use vinegar? it does the same job as bleach but it's more environmental-friendly. and plus baking soda.

Didn't think of it, which doesn't make sense since we use vinegar to mop the floors with. They are tile floors and get mopped daily. Baking soda is perfect for the chrome faucets and the fridge.

I don't think a newborn should have a bath until at least 2 weeks old....just a warm sponge bath, (being sure to wash the neck area, and arm pits).

There are baby baths that I would prefer to use than the kitchen sink! Just doesn't seem too sanitary to me! Even tho' you clean it......My Baby would use a baby bath, not the kitchen sink, and would not use the bathtub until he/she was crawling, even then I would sit on the edge of the tub in case he/she slipped.

Also I would use a sprayer to wash the hair, and use tearless shampoo at all times.....Nothing like a clean-smelling baby! Baby powder and lotion!.....Then a warm bottle of milk, and they're off to Dreamland.....

I don't think a newborn should have a bath until at least 2 weeks old....just a warm sponge bath, (being sure to wash the neck area, and arm pits).

There are baby baths that I would prefer to use than the kitchen sink! Just doesn't seem too sanitary to me! Even tho' you clean it......My Baby would use a baby bath, not the kitchen sink, and would not use the bathtub until he/she was crawling, even then I would sit on the edge of the tub in case he/she slipped.

Also I would use a sprayer to wash the hair, and use tearless shampoo at all times.....Nothing like a clean-smelling baby! Baby powder and lotion!.....Then a warm bottle of milk, and they're off to Dreamland.....

I always used the baby bathtub in the kitchen sink. Never have put baby on the stainless sink. Daughter couldn't use the baby tub for long since she was so big and never fit in the little ring. She was a "humongo" baby. So was my son.:giggle:

http://www.gonaturalbaby.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=baby_children_bath_products_eco_bath

spababy-tub-200.jpg

Didn't think of it, which doesn't make sense since we use vinegar to mop the floors with. They are tile floors and get mopped daily. Baking soda is perfect for the chrome faucets and the fridge.

you can use vinegars on pretty much any surface. Vinegar + Baking Soda = you're good to go!

here's a link about what you can do with vinegar - here

ok, I starting to get freak out about washing dishes in the same sink where you clean your baby bottom... and where she/he pees (my son used to love to pee in the tub) . It's like washing diaper cloth in the same sink where you wash dishes.

yeah, tub would be better

LoL! I've seen baby to toddler take a bath in the sink many times. That is nothing wrong. The important is clean and kill the germ in sink before bath. The parents don't feel comfortable to sit with knees on hard the floor while bathtub in bathroom. They are comfortable to give baby a bath with stand up. I always give my dog a bath in the sink because my back and knees killed me! I need to get a special pad for knees to help comfort.

You are correct. Vinegar is also great for preventing rust on metal. I always had my crews spray down metal building with a vinegar mix before they painted them. Works great.

As for the kitchen sink it is great for bathing babies. You can even turn on the disposer and give them a little jacuzzi. With my daughter we bought a little plastic ramp thingy that was made for washing babys in the kitchen sink.

Back