CART, Captioners and Court Reporters

Keritsubo, wow so are the students oral ? What kind of schools are they in ?

Just curiious

smile

I'm a curious person too. :) and I do not mind answering questions.

I work for a state university and public community college. I would classify most of them as oral, yes. Many have very little to moderate hearing loss, use hearing aids, and speak with very little ''deaf accent." For some the captioning is provided because of large auditorium environments and professors with heavy accents. Universities seem employ a lot of professors that some of the students with even regular range hearing are unable to understand due to accents. I have several students who actually tell me to take a break when they are working in small groups because they have no problem speaking one on one with others.

Well, its been a while since I started this thread and my son is now going to Court Reporting college in Moreno Valley. He likes it a lot. Although, he would like to get a job as a captioner for a company, since he has good typing skills etc., he can't find any companies (Sprint, captioning for video materials, etc.) If anyone knows of any in the Inland Empire here in So. Calif. let me know ok.

Sweetpolly good to see he is liking it very well. It is good when people like the job they are doing and earning a living at the same time .

Keep us posted

Smile

Back