Words for teenagers

Vanessa8

Reaction score
1379719_812276492135774_1972877659_n.jpg

That judge is a little out of touch, did he stop to think maybe some kids are getting into trouble b/c they can't go home . I hope the judge did a background check on the kids living situation before telling them to go home and cut the grass or wash the windows , the kids could be living in a housing project that has no lawns . I went to school with a boy that was always getting in trouble . No one checked out his home, the boy's dad was whipping the kid with his belt. The boy was better off not going home.

That judge is a little out of touch, did he stop to think maybe some kids are getting into trouble b/c they can't go home . I hope the judge did a background check on the kids living situation before telling them to go home and cut the grass or wash the windows , the kids could be living in a housing project that has no lawns . I went to school with a boy that was always getting in trouble . No one checked out his home, the boy's dad was whipping the kid with his belt. The boy was better off not going home.

Could be reason. I hope teenager can find way to talk and express bottom on their heart with true heart...

I don't understand why the parent (s) did whipping own kids without the explain. =( . Which is wrong or which is right?

For me:

I prefer early toddlers show love and discipline not too over strict... Know what is right or what is wrong? if got the wrong path, give the explain and learned from their mistake.

Whatever you do best for your children and the parents. They have own their family style under the roof. :wave:

Could be reason. I hope teenager can find way to talk and express bottom on their heart with true heart...

I don't understand why the parent (s) did whipping own kids without the explain. =( . Which is wrong or which is right?

For me:

I prefer early toddlers show love and discipline not too over strict... Know what is right or what is wrong? if got the wrong path, give the explain and learned from their mistake.

Whatever you do best for your children and the parents. They have own their family style under the roof. :wave:

That boy dad was a drunk . My dad told me not to go to the boy house. And being a teenager I did not listen and went there with a g/f/ . I said something that got the boy upset and he came after me with a broom stick !
I was able to get out of his way he was filled with rages from all the beating he getting. The boy dad did not need a reason to whip his own son , he was a rotten drunk .

Whether it's relative or not, the judge nailed it. His statement was just a general message to teenagers. Yes, there are some troubled teens out there that needs guidances but there are also some teens that are overly spoiled and expects the world to revolve around them. Remember, Rachel Cannning? We all got spanked as a child, we worked hard to earn what we wanted and we survived. The teens can survive by doing some hard work and it'll be benefitical for them.

That boy dad was a drunk . My dad told me not to go to the boy house. And being a teenager I did not listen and went there with a g/f/ . I said something that got the boy upset and he came after me with a broom stick !
I was able to get out of his way he was filled with rages from all the beating he getting. The boy dad did not need a reason to whip his own son , he was a rotten drunk .

Oh I got it now... Poor boy! His dad is not good and problem with his drunk also not think straight :(.. I hope the boy's family can help what to do with his father..

Ohh, time is change? from 1960 to 2010. wow. My Parents scolded to my older brother why he got pretty low grade. He was out of focus studied and more play soccer at school. tsk tsk!

Parents know what's best for children. =):wave:

Parents used to hold their kids accountable for their grades in school. Now the tendency is to blame the teachers. I think the pendulum has swung too far. Parents need to examine all aspects that could be involved--kids' behavior and aptitude, curriculum, school's educational philosophy, and teacher's skill. They also need to examine their own attitudes about education, and restrict the electronics. (IMO)

Yay for the 80s! My daughter, as much as I love her, is a spoiled teenager who expects everything to be given her on a silver platter. I accept part of the blame and I am trying not to make the same mistake with my son.

I'm not surprised about today's culture is like this to give teachers an negative. The parents think they expect the teachers to do better but is naive about their own children's behavior and other things. It's sad to see how things turn out this way.

Parents used to hold their kids accountable for their grades in school. Now the tendency is to blame the teachers. I think the pendulum has swung too far. Parents need to examine all aspects that could be involved--kids' behavior and aptitude, curriculum, school's educational philosophy, and teacher's skill. They also need to examine their own attitudes about education, and restrict the electronics. (IMO)

OMG..u wont believe how true that is. It is one of the reasons among many that I am looking for a job to get out of teaching.

Seems like blame tends to shift toward somrone who is the least likely to react to a hostile approach. I guess kids today figured out adults, especially with laws in place prohibiting physical kinds of punishment. So who's easier to intimidate? Wonder where the blame will shift to next...

yeah, but theres more to it, its all about 'policy' well the 'policy' bullshit has gone too far, but it is deliberate so the accountability makes in theory education cheaper and more quality because the blame is on the teacher...really dumb....its not just laden on education, it slammed on just about every so-called social institution, that is anything a citizen is supposed to benefit from (particularily in economic sense directly or indirectly)

there IS something Wrong with the whole movement, it is Wrong on so many levels and when its on talkback radio or talkback tv daytime critical tv like Orpah, (and many of newer spin offs) as you know worse and worse, 'more honest' BULLSHIT people jsut got brainwashed to think its perfectly OK to do in public but the tv stations make $$$$ off it and government and research agencies pile up their excuses to keep the dangerous "blame the teacher" mindset...on society so its got excuses to stay on the routes for 'cuts' and more blame on society (meaning ordinary people at fault, not the ones with the purse strings....)

pretty disgusting...but i honesty dont know the full story or what, but just typing out my observation and whats on my hunch , none of what is 'sociology' or even trying to pretend it is...a 'social problem' no, i think its more a 'greed and blame shift' problem....

Seems like blame tends to shift toward somrone who is the least likely to react to a hostile approach. I guess kids today figured out adults, especially with laws in place prohibiting physical kinds of punishment. So who's easier to intimidate? Wonder where the blame will shift to next...

i know, scary isn't it?

I'm not surprised about today's culture is like this to give teachers an negative. The parents think they expect the teachers to do better but is naive about their own children's behavior and other things. It's sad to see how things turn out this way.

i agree its quite grim

Whether it's relative or not, the judge nailed it. His statement was just a general message to teenagers. Yes, there are some troubled teens out there that needs guidances but there are also some teens that are overly spoiled and expects the world to revolve around them. Remember, Rachel Cannning? We all got spanked as a child, we worked hard to earn what we wanted and we survived. The teens can survive by doing some hard work and it'll be benefitical for them.

I was not spanked as a child ,I was slapped across the face for no reason . I would be sounded asleep and dad my dad would come in my room and slapped across my face. A doctor made a horrible mistake of telling my dad I was biting my mouth while sleeping so dad decided to correct this and beat me up when I was sound asleep. Every time my younger sister broke something , dad blamed me and I got slapped across the face. Yes it made me tough but it also made hard for me to trust people when I got older.
I know there are some kids that are spoiled rotten , I just hope the kids that are getting abused are not over looked by this judge.

I have thought a lot about this and believe that my generation- the Baby Boomers will get the blame shift.

I figure it will come about in the next ten the years. Right about when we are breaking the Social Security system and government retirements, and Union retirement plans; in other words all defined pension funds. The fixed income retirement elders at that time will take the blame for the actions of the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.
At least one third of us will be suffering dementia and the huge costs that go with it.
The destruction of the gene pool brought on by industrial chemicals and drug use will be fully on the system as well.
Our fixed incomes will have been eaten up by inflation and a large number of boomers will be requiring additional assistance to survive.

At that time our political strength will be entirely replaced by the next generations. We will be the next scapegoats.

Before it is all over there will be "Boomer Hotels", retirement havens designed to efficiently move us on to the great mystery, euthanized, cremated, and catalogued, all assets gone and used to fund the Hotels.

Horrible vision I know but it is our place in history and really it wont be so bad. There will be a lot of really nice supportive social mind massage taking place to make it better. Sarah Palin will be in a leadership position to handle this difficult task for our Nation. She will do an excellent job.

Back