Zvrs

ajcramer86

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone having problem with their sorenson? have you been thinking about port to ZVRS?

Since I heard that they're offering free ipad 2 with powerstand if you port to ZVRS from Sorenson...

Any suggest?

I know someone who willing order you a free ipad with powerstand. I have a friend that already have free ipad 2 with powerstand. Looks so COOL. But any suggest though.

FCC announced as of June 10, 2013

FCC will change the way we port our VP number. We do not know what it will be like in next 4 years. Expect significant changes during next 4 years. FCC will take over outreach program. Soon, we will have to contact agency that will be set up and funded by FCC and it will be neutral. This will make all VRS provider focus only providing relay service, not much else. What that means is that all VRS provider may no longer be able to take customer's application, it has to go though agency set up by FCC. That way, customer choices will be neutral, and no more freebies like free Ipad, etc. FCC don't like the idea of free give away. And there won't be any more VRS build their own VP, it will be done by third party (Different company).

Good or bad? I don't know, hard to tell.

When the changes will start, I don't know anytime from now and 4 years from now. I highly doubt within a year but afterwards :dunno:

I don't have strong source BUT what I heard is that we will be limited to one number and limited to one relay provider.

The intention was to stop from abuse by hearing people, FCC outlaws hearing people from getting 10 digit local number from relay provider, but because over years none of relay provider have verified properly, and they all allows hearing people getting them which pissed FCC off and they decided to take over. So, I see why limit one is because if Deaf can get two or more relay numbers, they would give extra one to their hearing relatives, this is clear violation of FCC regulation. It wasn't VRS provider decision, it was FCC decision. Remember FCC is the one who is "payer" They hold right to decide what regulation to be made.

On brighter side, there will be less barrier when Deaf Americans needs to contact their financial institution though relay, with 10 digit local "Real" number, Financial institution would soon realize that there is no longer abuse there and start to accept relay calls.

Up to you. your choice:

1) keep your sorenson VP-200 or nTouch PC. Nothing wrong with problem.

2) If you want ZVRS. They can switch your port to ZVRS with your VP numbers. just wrapping VP-200 or nTouch device and re-packing box send deliver back to Sorenson and then, You'll get a free iPad 2.

I don't think it is true anymore. Was yes, but now? It seems not anymore. Be careful reading what it said, Z said offer free iPAD STAND, it does not mean free iPAD, just a stand to hold iPAD.

2) If you want ZVRS. They can switch your port to ZVRS with your VP numbers. just wrapping VP-200 or nTouch device and re-packing box send deliver back to Sorenson and then, You'll get a free iPad 2.

I don't think it is true anymore. Was yes, but now? It seems not anymore. Be careful reading what it said, Z said offer free iPAD STAND, it does not mean free iPAD, just a stand to hold iPAD.

it comes with iPad 2 and PowerStand!

ZVRS no longer use Z20, right now its ipad 2 with power stand.

Guess you have not read June 10, 2013 FCC announcement.

I'm not going to argue as you WILL see big change within 4 years from now.

it comes with iPad 2 and PowerStand!

ZVRS no longer use Z20, right now its ipad 2 with power stand.

Now that you might have heard about SIPrelay. It is just the beginning of the changes, much more are coming soon.

Limiting to one number would not be equivalent to hearing people.

*note: unless you log in account. you can see my hotlink address has been invisible*
18408d1369080684-sorenson-still-block-other-vrs-providers-videomails-mail.jpg

Last edited:
So? That's before June 10, 2013 announcement.

FCC is tired of games playing with porting and free equipment give away, there was bunch of complaints which caused FCC to decide on June 10, 2013 ruling. Its pretty much over, you will see changes very soon.

*note: unless you log in account. you can see my hotlink address has been invisible*
18408d1369080684-sorenson-still-block-other-vrs-providers-videomails-mail.jpg

So? That's before June 10, 2013 announcement.

FCC is tired of games playing with porting and free equipment give away, there was bunch of complaints which caused FCC to decide on June 10, 2013 ruling. Its pretty much over, you will see changes very soon.

ZVRS's Limited time will over. no more free iPad 2 again

I searched website. I found a funny image...

Desperate-Sorenson.jpg

Free iPad2 with stand from someone (ZVRS customer)
safe_image.php

Screen-Shot-2011-11-24-at-12.38.18-PM.png

163540_10152871159995495_830320403_n.jpg

kitchen.jpg

8470_10152943005305495_1319943850_n.jpg

So, they're using iPad instead of phone device like before?

Back