Cruise ship runs aground off Italy, 3 dead

sara1981

Reaction score
Exclusives news updates

Couple rescued from submerged ship Costa Concordia
BBC News - Couple rescued from submerged ship Costa Concordia

Captain and first officer arrested as up to 70 cruise passengers missing and three dead as survivors tell of 'chaotic evacuation'
Costa Concordia accident: Pictures of cruise ship sinking off coast of Italy 'in Titanic-like scene' | Mail Online

Cruise disaster: 'It was just like Titanic'
Cruise disaster: 'It was just like Titanic' - Telegraph

Cruise Ship Couple Rescued As Captain Held
Costa Concordia, Italy: Pair Rescued, Captain And First Officer Held After Cruise Ship Runs Aground | World News | Sky News

Three dead and around 40 missing after cruise ship sinks
Cruise ship sinks news: Three die and at least 40 missing | The Sun |News

this movie remind of Titanic!!

Attachments

• 16149276.jpg
    16149276.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 16149279.jpg
    16149279.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 16149280.jpg
    16149280.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 16149281.jpg
    16149281.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 16149282.jpg
    16149282.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 16149314.jpg
    16149314.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 16149315.jpg
    16149315.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
gives me the willies!....To be stranded out there in the ocean...sharks...perhaps no life jackets either....something out of the "Titanic".....Several people died because they panicked.....I probably would have been one of them.

It's very sad what happened to the passengers, and also very avoidable. Heads will roll on this one.

The captain and crew didn't do their jobs. Inexcusable. :mad:

No practice drills. Inexcusable. My daughter's family went on a cruise a few months ago, and they did a drill within the first hour out of the harbor.

It's very sad what happened to the passengers, and also very avoidable. Heads will roll on this one.

The captain and crew didn't do their jobs. Inexcusable. :mad:

No practice drills. Inexcusable. My daughter's family went on a cruise a few months ago, and they did a drill within the first hour out of the harbor.

America cruise ship?

America cruise ship?
Carnival Cruise Fantasy. I'm not sure under which flag; maybe either American or Bahamian. Homeport is Charleston, SC. Regardless, if it uses an American port, it has to follow American safety guidelines.

gives me the willies!....To be stranded out there in the ocean...sharks...perhaps no life jackets either....something out of the "Titanic".....Several people died because they panicked.....I probably would have been one of them.

That's eerie because the 100th year anniversary or memorial date (for lack of better word) of the Titanic sinking is this April 14th of 2012 which is on my 40th birthday. Toooo eearie.

:shock: again
That's eerie because the 100th year anniversary or memorial date (for lack of better word) of the Titanic sinking is this April 14th of 2012 which is on my 40th birthday. Toooo eearie.
try to :cool2: relax OK ....

From what I have read news articles about this tragic incident, it reminds me very much of Titanic. :shock:

Exclusives updates news

Cruise captain 'committed errors', say ship's owners
BBC News - Cruise captain 'committed errors', say ship's owners

Was the Captain showing off? Disturbing claim that cruise ship sailed close to rocks to salute a fellow officer on shore
Costa Concordia cruise ship: Captain Francesco Schettino accused of sailing close to island of Giglio to salute fellow officer | Mail Online

Cruise disaster: Captain 'neared Italian rocks to greet friend on shore’
Cruise disaster: Captain 'neared Italian rocks to greet friend on shore’ - Telegraph

Cruise Ship Company: Captain 'Made Errors'
Cruise Ship Disaster: Italian Cruise Liner's Owners Costa Concordia Say Captain 'Made Errors' | World News | Sky News

Cruise line suggests "significant human error"
Cruise line suggests "significant human error" - CBS News

Attachments

• 16149718.jpg
    16149718.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 16149720.jpg
    16149720.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 16149729.jpg
    16149729.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 16149731.jpg
    16149731.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
The captain said the rocks weren't on the chart? Give me a break. That area has been sailed for hundreds of years, and charted for a looooong time. Also, that was a common route for the cruise ship. The captain knew that area, and the rocks didn't all of a sudden appear. He is sooooo full of it. :mad:

The captain said the rocks weren't on the chart? Give me a break. That area has been sailed for hundreds of years, and charted for a looooong time. Also, that was a common route for the cruise ship. The captain knew that area, and the rocks didn't all of a sudden appear. He is sooooo full of it. :mad:

Right, the ship owner said that the captain changed the route without an approval. And the ship has data recorders a.k.a. black boxes so it is a great chance for investigators and prosecutors to examine them for any evidences that caused the ship sink.

Back