Alaska Governor Sarah Palin slashed Deaf School funding

Grummer

Reaction score
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin slashed Deaf School funding.They (McCain and Palin) plan to cut down the special school (deaf school, blind school, and special need school Palin did cut down lot in Alaska School for the Deaf during her governor term.
Sarah Palin's speech received loud applause at the Republican National Convention (RNC), especially the talking points on America first and the strong language blasting Barack Obama and Joe Biden. She also won applause on issues regarding special needs of children. However, in the 'State of Alaska Fiscal Year 2008 Governor's Operating Budget' the 'Department of Education and Early Development Special Schools Component Budget Summary' reveals those funds were cut by 38 percent for the fiscal year of 2008-09. During 2006, children served by special education facilities and programs, including the Special Education Service Agency (SESA) and the Alaska School for the Deaf, received more state support; but as of 2008 and 2009, the proposed budget was cut from $7,949.30 down to $3,156.00. Under Alaskan Budget Documents: These funds provide supplementary educational services to students with severe disabling conditions. The resident school where the child would normally be placed does not have the resources to provide an adequate educational program. Without the supplementary services, the child's needs would not be met by the local school district in most cases. Palin sliced the program by more than half, laying out a mere $3,000 for special needs kids for the year and saving the taxpayers of Alaska less than $5,000.

That is very sad news.

I worry about the implications for where money may be allocated nationally in the future.

yup me too, implications for now is that more and more hearing people in power are getting detached from [hearing] impaired or even ordinary people...creating problems that we already know how to avoid it, and they want us to fix it for nothing? its crazy

That's not nice to call her SLUT. Where did you get the information to prove it?

that not right!

if palin-mccain should treat deaf people!!!!!!!! like that what your opinion?

punky, erm i mean pinky, what the word? where now?

I offer you to post with website to proof it. I don't mean to rude at you. I found a links of Alaska Governor Budget for Special School.

ok congrads on finding this link, but the problem is, its based on the 2007 budget which is old now. The new information that I just posted above is related to due cuts for 2008, 2009!.so yes if you compare the two you will see it has indeed been cut!, and quite drastically too

hm... the same happened with california deaf school. Government Arnold Schwarzenneger did the same thing, no different!

:hmm:

I'm not sure if I believe this or not because most people say "don't believe everything you read or hear on the internet until you get sources on both sides of the issue" so I'll wait...

Sorry at least this is my opinion. =)

hm... the same happened with california deaf school. Government Arnold Schwarzenneger did the same thing, no different!

No surprise, Arnold Schwarzenberger is a Republician and support Republician polities. McCain/Palin are also Republicians as well...

Palin? :hmm:

No surprise, Arnold Schwarzenberger is a Republician and support Republician polities. McCain/Palin are also Republicians as well...

Palin? :hmm:

Arnold is moderate republican since Sarah is conservative republican, Sarah is much worse than Arnold when come with socially, there's some part that I like about Arnold but other few way that I don't like him, just like Sunshinelady said about situation with financial support for CSD.

Also, Arnold oppose to oil drilling offshore in CA and oppose of Proposition 8 due he's favor into judge's decision.

Arnold is moderate republican since Sarah is conservative republican, Sarah is much worse than Arnold when come with socially, there's some part that I like about Arnold but other few way that I don't like him, just like Sunshinelady said about situation with financial support for CSD.

Also, Arnold oppose to oil drilling offshore in CA and oppose of Proposition 8 due he's favor into judge's decision.

Yes I aware it and like Arnold as Govenor in CA... Yes, I disagree some of his polities but it doesn't mean that Arnold is the same as McCain/Pain. I let her know that he is a Republican supporter as McCain/Pain as well.

This thread about Palin got me :confused: because she has a special need child... :hmm:

Back