Tigger's Angel

Jasmine4lakshmi

Reaction score
My mother was a single mother raising two daughters on her own. She met a man who she later married and he adopted my sister and me. A family member gave us a mother cat with her 4 kittens to take care of until he was able to care for the cats himself.

We named the four kittens Gizmo, Wendy, Tigger and Smokey. They grew and so did the bond between us and the kittens. We loved them and when the time did come for them to go, we could not let them go. Gizmo, Wendy, Tigger and Smokey found a home with us and in our hearts. Tigger was a very special cat. He was the favorite of the litter. He loved milk, and would actually do tricks for it. He had a great personality and everyone loved him.

A few years later, and a few more cats later a new addition to our cat family arrived. He was a small abandoned kitten and my mother had found him on the side of the road beside his sister who had gotten ran over. He was meowing and my mom's heart went out to him. He quickly became adjusted to our family. He and all of the other cats had grown to be full grown healthy cats. They were apart of our family and gave so much. Always there doing silly things to cheer us up, following us around, and keeping us warm during the cold winter nights.

Life is not always good as we all know, my mother and new father were having trouble in their marriage and soon separated. Our family was devastated and once again my mom was a single mother. We gave the cats to my dad to take care of. He moved to the country and the cats were free outside. We would occasionally go and see visit the cats and it broke my heart every time. I felt as if our family had been shattered into small pieces. Those cats were everything.

One particular day, my dad calls up and says Tigger has been missing for a couple of days and was not able to find him. I went to his house and searched all over for Tigger. No luck finding him, I was worried. Junior, a usually loud talkative and loving cat was following me. He was meowing a lot and I thought he just wanted to be petted. I reached down to pet him and he ran a few more feet away. I inched closer to pet him and he did the same as before running a few feet away. I continued to try to pet him, and he continued to move further away. Before I realized it, he had lead me into the woods.

Junior stopped and I looked a head a few ways and there lying before me was a weak, thin, and sick Tigger. I ran to him, placed him in my arms and we rushed him to the vet. The vet said he was too sick but they would do everything they could to save him. The next afternoon, he passed away. I am very thankful that Junior lead me to Tigger. Tigger is a special cat and somehow Junior knew that. Shortly after that, Junior also passed away. From this I learned that no matter what happens in life, a true friend will be there to help you along the way. Just like Junior did for Tigger.

Back