Polices Ordered to Shoot Stray Dogs! :(

this is tragic and shouldnt be allowed, its arent dogs faults, its human and fixing it up like this on innocent lives...is sickening

First off, just don't get me started on PETA. They are bad, bad people.

Secondly, this is a crock! Most cities/townships have animal control programs. Municipalities that turn to "just shooting/killing stray animals" are lazy.

If you talk to the average person, the average person supports no kill methods of animal control. It is not difficult, and it does not involve hoarding, as some people would have folks believe. It only requires dedicated people getting together and making it happen.

I'm sorry for my rant, but I'm really sick of the way our society treats animals. :(

Jen M.

PETA is bad how?

they admit (on their website and in interviews) that all domesticated animals are better off dead than in a loving home. They frequently adopt from shelters and over 90% of those animals are put down within the year. (our no-kill shelter refuses to adopt out to peta anymore because of this. ) among other things that my tired brain can't seems to remember.

This is why people should spay and neuter their pets. A lot of people shouldn't even own a pet in the first place.

they admit (on their website and in interviews) that all domesticated animals are better off dead than in a loving home. They frequently adopt from shelters and over 90% of those animals are put down within the year. (our no-kill shelter refuses to adopt out to peta anymore because of this. ) among other things that my tired brain can't seems to remember.

Hmmm....if you can send a link to a page on the PETA that said domesticated animals are better off dead, I'd appreciate it.

I wanted Jens Cat to explain how they are bad.

Yeah, that's what I figured, that PETA would be known for having killed animals. Here's the thing though. There's just simply not enough people adopting animals and it costs a lot of money to run a shelter. If there's not enough donations or people adopting, they dont have a choice, just like all shelters (excepting no-kills) don't have a choice. If the money is not there, those animals would have starved to death. Incidentally, millions of animals are killed every single year...why? Pet owners don't spay their pets and not enough people adopting. PETA is not exempt from this problem. Secondly, they are not an animal shelter, they're an animal rights organization. The purpose of their org is to promote awareness about animal cruelty and they've made huge impacts in that regard.

Yeah, that's what I figured, that PETA would be known for having killed animals. Here's the thing though. There's just simply not enough people adopting animals and it costs a lot of money to run a shelter. If there's not enough donations or people adopting, they dont have a choice, just like all shelters (excepting no-kills) don't have a choice. If the money is not there, those animals would have starved to death. Incidentally, millions of animals are killed every single year...why? Pet owners don't spay their pets and not enough people adopting. PETA is not exempt from this problem. Secondly, they are not an animal shelter, they're an animal rights organization. The purpose of their org is to promote awareness about animal cruelty and they've made huge impacts in that regard.

Yet criminals are fed and clothed on a daily basis in prisons. There's so much wealth in the country, yet so few people and animals get any help at all.

Sad.

Hmmm....if you can send a link to a page on the PETA that said domesticated animals are better off dead, I'd appreciate it.

ops I misremembered
they would rather them be extinct or that pet keeping never came into existence.

"The cat, like the dog, must disappear... We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist."
-John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of a Changing Ethic, PETA 1982, p.15.

"We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding."
-- Wayne Pacelle, Senior Vice-President oF HSUS, formerly of Friends for Animals; Quoted in Animal People, May, 1993

"We feel that animals have the same rights as a retarded human child"
-- Alex Pacheco, then Chairman, People for the Ethical Treatment of animals [PETA] (New York Times, January 14, 1989)

"We at PETA very much love the animal companions who share our homes, but we believe that it would have been in the animals' best interests if the institution of "pet keeping"—i.e., breeding animals to be kept and regarded as "pets"—never existed."
Animal Rights Uncompromised: 'Pets' | PETA.org

They (before the shelter banned them) took animals from the no-kill shelter and had them killed usually within the week if not within the day.

"It’s a thorny issue what to do with the dogs. Even PETA has said that humanely euthanizing them is better than what they may have to endure on their own. Feral dogs are susceptible to illness, injury, inclement weather, being hit by cars, and abuse by humans. And unlike coyotes or other wild animals, domestic breeds usually don’t possess the instincts that can help them survive in an environment without human assistance. Whether it’s kinder to humanely put these dogs to sleep rather than let them die slower, more painful deaths on the street is a subject of great debate." This was taken from the link I posted in this thread.

Part of the problem is a lot of people do not want to adopt a black or cat. Black dogs syndrome is very common, more black dogs and cats are killed because people are afraid of them. When my daughter and her husband adopted a black cat from an animal shelter they told that the shelter does not like to adopt out black cats around a holiday, it was close to Christmas when my daugther adopted her black cat. When my sister and I lived in Calif. her black dog was picked up by the ACO . My sister was told she had 10 days to get her dog ,she when to get her dog on the second day and it had already been killed because it was a black lab. A lot of animals shelters in my state had to closes for lack of funding and this mean more lost,or stray animals will be killed. :( To make matter worst a warning been put out to not leave your dog outside alone or in a car as people been stealing dogs to sell to labs to make money! Beagles are used a lot because they such sweet trusting dogs. :( :(

This is very sad. The people who don't take the trouble to spay or neuter their pets are really beneath comtempt.

ops I misremembered
they would rather them be extinct or that pet keeping never came into existence.

"The cat, like the dog, must disappear... We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist."
-John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of a Changing Ethic, PETA 1982, p.15.

"We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding."
-- Wayne Pacelle, Senior Vice-President oF HSUS, formerly of Friends for Animals; Quoted in Animal People, May, 1993

-- Alex Pacheco, then Chairman, People for the Ethical Treatment of animals [PETA] (New York Times, January 14, 1989)

"We at PETA very much love the animal companions who share our homes, but we believe that it would have been in the animals' best interests if the institution of "pet keeping"—i.e., breeding animals to be kept and regarded as "pets"—never existed."

If pet keeping leads to killing of millions of domesticated animals every year, and in addition, there's also been unimaginable degree of cruelty demonstrated towards them, I can see why PETA says it's in the animals' best interests that pet keeping never existed.

If pet keeping leads to killing of millions of domesticated animals every year, and in addition, there's also been unimaginable degree of cruelty demonstrated towards them, I can see why PETA says it's in the animals' best interest that pet keeping never existed.

That's why I said that a lot of people shouldn't even own pets in the first place.

ops I misremembered

Did you know animals had rights before children did. There was a famous case case about a disable child that was being abused and the only way to help the child was to call her a dumb animal and say it was cruel to abuse a dumb animal.

That's why I said that a lot of people shouldn't even own pets in the first place.

I know a few people that should never have pets! We had a real neat ACO in our city, she would drive around looking for lost and abandoned pet. She found two older dogs that dumped off at gas station and the ACO found person that would take them both. The dogs where the sweetest dog , I could not believe a person could be that cruel and leave some older dogs to fend for themselves on the street!

Back