How much do you wear your hearing aids?

How often do you wear your hearing aids/CI?

• Always

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Rarely

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Never

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Do you mind me asking how long you've had the Naida and what you like about it in particular? I've done some reading on them and the biggest complaint was that they ran down batteries quickly but that was for the SP model and my audiologist thinks I will need the UP.

Oh! I did read that there is almost no feedback issues with the Naida. I never heard feedback with my old ones but everyone else would always mention that they could hear it, so I guess it happened enough to be annoying to them.

They did a good job on the feedback. There isn't any. Hearing people in my family have remarked it.

UP uses 675 batteries and they do last longer.

I think that it does enable me to hear and discriminate much more.
I also like that it is very slim for an ultra power aid.

I have naida V UP and only got it 6-7 weeks ago, so far I like this HA over all the aids I had in my lifetime apart from one, the Widex!

In my first few weeks of wearing it, it was great, battery lasted 2 weeks, No feed back etc. BUT.......T-coil seems too quiet.
After my 2nd tune up, my naida is now at it's max now I have noticed mild feed backs especially when covering my ears so I am going back to get it re tuned back to the orginal settings.

I am profoundly deaf (110db loss) so it's a little miracle that i can hear quite well with it and with CI in the other ear, they balance very well as I use naida for the low freq and what ever left in transposition. The CI works well for Mid and High freq.

I am profoundly deaf (110db loss) so it's a little miracle that i can hear quite well with it and with CI in the other ear, they balance very well as I use naida for the low freq and what ever left in transposition. The CI works well for Mid and High freq.
That's good to know! I'm currently taking an hiatus from wearing the BTE in my non-implanted ear especially when I go out (i.e. always wear my CI though) since it's kinda old, bulky and so forth. However, will eventually start the process of getting a new BTE sometime soon. So, it was encouraging to read what you wrote!

Thank you, I'll have so many hearing aid batteries around this place. I already have 13's and 312's from my older models and now probably 675. They keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger the older I get :hmm:

Thank you, I'll have so many hearing aid batteries around this place. I already have 13's and 312's from my older models and now probably 675. They keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger the older I get :hmm:

LOL I was having the opposite problem before, my hearing improved a bit as I got older (then started getting worse again) but mostly technology "improved" and alongside that smaller batteries. I went from 675 to 13 to 312 (which were a disaster cos they lasted about 2 days), then back to 13s again. I always wish for a 675 battery door option on smaller instruments so you could just change them less often, it's a big deal if you have problems handling batteries. Hoping that rechargeable technology carries on moving forward, so far it's not up to providing 15 hours a day of power including 9 hours of FM with with a 13 battery.

I've used only 675 batteries for the last 40 years, much less complicated, and they last about the same time now as they did in my first HA!

I wear them all the time, always. I've even slept with them on before and a few times mistakenly wore them while taking a shower. They are a permanent fixture, an essential component of my Deaf Identity.

Only time I do not wear my CI is as follow's.... Shower/ Sleep/ Or when I am ill.. Other than that It's on all the time. The only way to get better with using the device is actually using it. I love my CI and have not regretted having the surgery at all.

Some years ago I'd answer Most of the time (if there were such an option) because I took off my hearing aids when going in bed.

Nowadays I even sleep while wearing my hearing aids and there even on! Helped me a lot waking up and being alert about sounds all around and gave a new flavor to my sleep.

All those because they just don't whistle while wearing them not even when side sleeping/lying with one of my ears against the pillow.

Some years ago I'd answer Most of the time (if there were such an option) because I took off my hearing aids when going in bed.

Nowadays I even sleep while wearing my hearing aids and there even on! Helped me a lot waking up and being alert about sounds all around and gave a new flavor to my sleep.

All those because they just don't whistle while wearing them not even when side sleeping/lying with one of my ears against the pillow.
Are you wearing the BTE's or in-the-ear's?

I wore my hearing aids when I first was issued with them at the age of 11 (although born deaf). I wore them only a few months before discarding them due to irritating noise, headaches, screeching when someone got close to me (like giving a hug or bumping into me). Later as an adult, I tried them again briefly only to discover they interfered with my ability to drive, and living in humid climates, there is bad chaffing and ear infections. So I discarded them never to wear them again. That was 24 years ago. I haven't worn them since.

Back