If Satan ever loses his hair, there'll be hell

But he doesn't have hair. He has horns. Are his horns going to fall out or what!?!?

:) Sorry, I like to instigate things.

PS How the hell is that funny to people who are pre-lingual deaf? I am not deaf so I am not able to see things clearly sometimes. Is just the knowledge that those words are matched phonetically entertaining without hearing the sound? Either way... it is a great corny joke.

But he doesn't have hair. He has horns. Are his horns going to fall out or what!?!?

:) Sorry, I like to instigate things.

PS How the hell is that funny to people who are pre-lingual deaf? I am not deaf so I am not able to see things clearly sometimes. Is just the knowledge that those words are matched phonetically entertaining without hearing the sound? Either way... it is a great corny joke.

That's exactly why I spelled out the joke above :lol:

Well, so much for the assumption that we all are pre-lingually deaf......

We? I am on here too. I am not deaf.

I dont make assumptions. I had a teacher who taught me if you make assumptions then... the ass will -ump your shun. or something ;)

That joke is meant to be funny for more than phonetic pronunciation.

I guess I cant picture how it makes sense w o the sound. Written english is a different language from spoken English so these jokes dont translate well. To pay in Spanish is Pagar but Tupee is Pelequin or tupe. That joke wouldnt work in Spanish because it doesnt sound the same. How do you know that the words sound the same enough to 'laugh' at it? That escapes me. I also can't understand some things about people's experience with CI's... maybe I should ask that question in the right thread :)

I guess I cant picture how it makes sense w o the sound. Written english is a different language from spoken English so these jokes dont translate well. To pay in Spanish is Pagar but Tupee is Pelequin or tupe. That joke wouldnt work in Spanish because it doesnt sound the same. How do you know that the words sound the same enough to 'laugh' at it? That escapes me. I also can't understand some things about people's experience with CI's... maybe I should ask that question in the right thread :)

Could I just say gently that a skill of friendship is to appreciate your friends?

Hmm? I am lost. What do you mean by that. Maybe you should be harsh with me instead of gentle. I don't mind criticism. If I told that joke in Spanish and people thought it was funny I would wonder why.

Part of appreciation for me comes from understanding people, their experiences and their perspective. That is really all I am trying to do. Do I try too hard? Sorry. I do that sometimes.

Hmm? I am lost. What do you mean by that. Maybe you should be harsh with me instead of gentle. I don't mind criticism. If I told that joke in Spanish and people thought it was funny I would wonder why.

Good grief. Sorry about this Robin. Robin is late deafened. So she told that joke. I don't know how many people read it.

But then Tousi laughed. So I knew it was acceptable. So I laughed. If you like your friends you want them to feel good. So you laugh at their jokes.

It is part of social skills.

No I am honest with my freinds. If it doesnt make me laugh... I tell them :)

That helps a lot though thank you. Now that I think of it... one would have to be deaf to think that this joke is funny.

Yeah sorry Robin... that you have such bad taste in jokes... J/K

Hear2Much...."toupee"...is spoken "to-pay"...Some deafies who are LD, HOH or speak, catch the meaning of the joke...I haven't seen any Spanish-speaking/signers here on AD, we all use English, and we post in English.

"If Satan ever loses his hair, there'll be hell.....toupee...(to-pay)...."

Dunno why you're making suck flack about this joke....If you don't like it, then why not just disregard any of my threads/posts/jokes! Thank you much.

No I am honest with my freinds. If it doesnt make me laugh... I tell them :)

That helps a lot though thank you. Now that I think of it... one would have to be deaf to think that this joke is funny.

Yeah sorry Robin... that you have such bad taste in jokes... J/K

Well, you can stick ur opinion where the sun don't shine!

Awe how cute. Are you really offended? I was being playful and sarcastic.
My opinion is intangible so I can't stick it there. It would need to be a butt plug or a hot girls finger or something ;)

I liked the joke.

Back