AllDeaf Forum Reorganization 2015

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
In case anyone has noticed, I have moved all technology related threads to one single forum named "Technology Talk", which is now under the Misc. category.

The same for the site related announcements, suggestions and whatnot, they have all been moved to a single forum named "Front Desk", which is at the very bottom of the site.

Reason: The forums prior to the changes were not active enough, so I had settled on the inclusion of a single forum for all related threads.

That was a good idea.

Sometimes, categories that need more attention can be placed elsewhere... where the can be seen more often for others to consider visiting.

In case anyone has noticed, I have moved all technologies related threads to one single forum named "Technology Talk", which is now under the Misc. category.

The same for the site related announcements, suggestions and whatnot, they have all been moved to a single forum named "Front Desk", which is at the very bottom of the site.

Reason: The forums prior to the changes were not active enough, so I had settled on the inclusion of a single forum for all related threads.

I remember about joined AD in 2005 and gaming section used to be very active, also I remember about moderators locked some threads over war about PS3 and Xbox 360. It was great to meet many deaf gamers until most of them disappeared, so eventually, gaming section got merged with computer section, then become Technology Talk.

I remember about joined AD in 2005 and gaming section used to be very active, also I remember about moderators locked some threads over war about PS3 and Xbox 360. It was great to meet many deaf gamers until most of them disappeared, so eventually, gaming section got merged with computer section, then become Technology Talk.
Aw wish I had been around for that even though I don't have/play with either console.

I just discovered this site though--
https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

uh oh, at first ithought award recognization but its just re organziation. too bad that i am not getting award. :sadwalk:

Liked the Strange & Stupid section....(being from Florida does help!...:lol:)....so where do I put it now?

It makes things easier to summarize and less clutter for the forums. This makes the search much easier and quicker.

Putting in a vote for tags.... :)

Don't know if the software has it already included and you just need to turn it on. Would be great for hiding giant pictures or very long articles to allow for quicker loading of pages or if someone doesn't want to view the pics or something...

Putting in a vote for tags.... :)

Don't know if the software has it already included and you just need to turn it on. Would be great for hiding giant pictures or very long articles to allow for quicker loading of pages or if someone doesn't want to view the pics or something...

That feature will be available in the next major upgrade.

Alex, is there a reason we cant post photobucket links to the threads to share pictures anymore?

Alex, is there a reason we cant post photobucket links to the threads to share pictures anymore?

really? lemme test it here -

m.gif

EDIT - it appears to be working. maybe you're doing it wrong?

Back