How do you tell that a person is gay or lesbian?

yagazn

Reaction score
How do you tell if a person is gay or lesbian?

Some people assumed that I'm gay (Yea, I'm gay) because of my acting and sometimes I act straight (Depend where I go). Some gay/lesbian people can act straight and it's hard to tell.

Like for Example Clay Aiken, You could tell that he's gay because how he act or his looks.

A friend of mine who's lesbian. At first I thought she's straight but not. It's hard to tell because she act straight (she's a lipstick lebsian).

Straight guys can be mistaken for looks gay because of metrosexual?

Last edited:
It is hard to tell sometimes...sometimes by her/his acting, by her/his look, etc

Sometimes I thought this person is straight but I found out he or she is gay/lesbian. I was like :jaw: sometimes he or she don't even looks like gay/lesbian!

I have a gay sensor.

That means, I know automatically that they're gay, but I do nothing and let them be themselves and buy me drinks.

How do you tell if a person is gay or lesbian?

Some people assumed that I'm gay (Yea, I'm gay) because of my acting and sometimes I act straight (Depend where I go). Some gay/lesbian people can act straight and it's hard to tell.

Like for Example Clay Aiken, You could tell that he's gay because how he act or his looks.

A friend of mine who's lesbian. At first I thought she's straight but not. It's hard to tell because she act straight (she's a lipstick lebsian).

Straight guys can be mistaken for looks gay because of metrosexual?

show a pix of yourself and I will judge if you're gay or not. My gay sensor is pretty damn accurate, too.

show a pix of yourself and I will judge if you're gay or not. My gay sensor is pretty damn accurate, too.

I will show a pix of myself later not now. I think maybe Nov or Dec.

Last edited:
I have picked up that people were GLB from just being around them.
I remember from camp as a teen, just picking up that a couple who worked there were a couple.

I was gonna say the same thing.

It's all a matter of how well our "gaydar" is. ;)

It can be confusing and we shouldn't always make assumptions just by looking. Sometimes, seeing isn't always believing.

Sometimes, it can be very obvious... but I'm not going to get involved. For instance, if I see a guy kissing another guy... I'm not going to bluntly ask "Hey, that's your boyfriend!?"

One of my best friends says that only gay people can have gaydar. I've heard the opposite.

I know some gay people that have malfunctioning gaydar. I have a gay friend that will ask me for confirmation on his intuitions, and I'm straight.:giggle:

And it really has nothing to do with appearance or mannerisms.

People can tell if I was gay due to my interests and personality, if they don't like it then it's their problem ;)

But can I tell if they were gay? It depends, I just don't like to accuse in the first place before I know them.

Just out of curiosity, how does gaydar work with deaf/hoh? I feel like my gaydar is pretty good, but I would base a lot of it on how someone talked. Do you just tell more from mannerisms? (Is there a way to sign "gay"?) I hadn't even thought of that. I think my gaydar would be broken... :giggle:

Some people have well developed gaydar, and some don't.:giggle:

Hmm......:lol:

Just out of curiosity, how does gaydar work with deaf/hoh? I feel like my gaydar is pretty good, but I would base a lot of it on how someone talked. Do you just tell more from mannerisms? (Is there a way to sign "gay"?) I hadn't even thought of that. I think my gaydar would be broken... :giggle:

Deaf GLBT people have their own slang in ASL--and when one recognizes the slang--it's a confirmation of one's sexual orientation.

Deaf GLBT people have their own slang in ASL--and when one recognizes the slang--it's a confirmation of one's sexual orientation.

What kind of slang? I went to a deaf event recently, and two of the people were joking that they had to understand english, sign language, and "GAY!!!!!!!" (yelled and with a crazy face while signing "sign language"). I think I need to learn that language. :hmm:

What kind of slang? I went to a deaf event recently, and two of the people were joking that they had to understand english, sign language, and "GAY!!!!!!!" (yelled and with a crazy face while signing "sign language"). I think I need to learn that language. :hmm:

Hard to explain on the forum and putting it into words.

I suggest attending a GLBT coffee gathering where you live and meet up with the folks......

You will see what is slang and what isn't.

So if you "get it", that makes you gay? I don't think that makes sense. I have heard lots of different slang that gays and lesbians use. Not too different from regular slang words.

Back