Ive always wondered if people can turn gay, if so then how?

I know few of my friends turned gay because They were hurtful by women! :( :(

So you can turn gay? Howcome it's so hard for gay people to turn straight? Nothing wrong with being gay but not all gays are treated fairly.

I don't think you can control or choose your sexuality, but I do think there is a moment in time where one becomes more comfortable with it despite what their culture or society may teach them about homosexuality. It just takes some people longer than others to reach this point.

So you can turn gay? Howcome it's so hard for gay people to turn straight? Nothing wrong with being gay but not all gays are treated fairly.

I have some friends that change into straight.

The straights changing into gay/lesbian are not the only one.

You are not alone. I noticed men decided to be homosexual after they were being dumped by their girlfriends. A few times, I noticed women did the same thing, too.

Well, A girl used to date me from my old school, It was a short date time. I told her that I'm gay. At first she was surprised and then she's okay with me begin gay, she's cool. I have no feeling for ladies NADA!, My finger is down If you know what I mean. :lol: I know my bad ;)

I'm blowin' kisses to my boyfriend's cheek MMMMwah!

I believe that even in the event of abuse, a person's preference is pre-determined at birth. It may be that the abuse in the person's life reinforced that inclination, but it was still there, regardless.

I agree. Even though I was molested when I was young, it didn't turn me off men. However, I will say it made me leery of them for quite a while.

You are not alone. I noticed men decided to be homosexual after they were being dumped by their girlfriends. A few times, I noticed women did the same thing, too.

So homosexuality can be both determined at birth and a choice? :hmm:

I don't think I can change my sexuality even if I wanted to. Even the thought of being with another guy makes me want to puke (that is not to say that I think bad of homosexuality, which I don't, I respect peoples' choices and feel that everyone has the right to be happy), and women hm hm hm always sound delicious...

Yes and no.

The birth homosexuality is not a choice, but this situation in this thread is.

So what is the difference between someone born homosexual and someone born heterosexual but chooses to be homosexual? Would the heterosexual still be attracted to the opposite gender even though that person is with the same gender and would that person be much less attracted to same gender? Ive heard that if it's a choice, you are bisexual and can swing both ways.

Well it's possible that almost everyone is bisexual. I think the interplay between all the possible causative factors is so complicated that we'll never be able to pin down 100%.
I do feel like for example, if my first girlfriend had never kissed me on the cheek, I would still be walking around assuming that I was straight.
Have to disagree here, you cant seem to listen to different stories other have , aside from your own. Being sexualised in one form or another doesnt make a person as a whole being, sexual side of life is only one aspect, one avenue in a person's pathway of living. Posters here before you were making good observations, or indeed reasons for many people being mistakenly taken as gay when they are not, or indeed as 'reasons' for seeking closeness. Like hetro sexual people, sex is 'done' for many different reasons, not alway one of as 'love making' or to fulfil the 'straight sex' or 'doing what is normal' there can be other reasons underlying as well, even as a tactic to climb social ladders. These posters above were talking from a level which how childhood experiences of shun or disownment or lack of attention could very well indeed have real impacts. For some or many if not all, when i say some here, i dont mean a few - i would say it would be quite common, maybe very common. Personal life doesnt mean what happen the bedroom doors, its inside our heads and how it affect our needs for attachment or attention or indeed, affection, what all this bound up to, is security of one form or another, no two experiences are the same.
Yes, I agree that everyone's different. And I do think that there are some emotionally messed up people who are trying to resolve deep seated emotional issues....but then again there are just as many hetro people who do that too.....there are just as many hetro people who have disapointments or other rough times with the opposite sex, but still stay straight.
And yes....sex isn't always about lovemaking..........very very true.........but being gay is basicly about having romantic/erotic feelings for those of the same sex......when a realtionship is healthy, those feelings translate into wanting to make love.

I don't think you can control or choose your sexuality, but I do think there is a moment in time where one becomes more comfortable with it (individual sexuality) despite what their culture or society may teach them about homosexuality. It just takes some people longer than others to reach this point.

I agree completely.

I think it can happen but in the vast majority of cases abuse isn't the reason for gayness. I don't think the term "turning gay" is accurate because no one turns gay. They might experiment with the same sex or decide they feel more emotionally comfortable with a certain sex for whatever reason, but I wouldn't say they "turn gay." While some people might react to abuse by turning to the same sex, the vast majority of people realize their sexual attraction to a certain sex is so strong that they need to reconcile their sexuality and abuse history rather than trying to reprogram their sexuality.

Likewise even when someone falls for someone of the same sex, people often say that man or woman "turned them gay." The possibility of same sex attraction was always there. That particular man or woman might have made them become aware that they're bisexual or actually gay, but they didn't "turn them" gay.

I think being homosexual does not make less who you are if you turn to be gay...

Just a thought.

Grafitti from childhood memory...

MY Mother made me a homosexual

(underneath the above, some one else wrote)

If I gave her enough yarn, would she make me one too?

Back