Hotel soaps and shampoo

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
What do you think of those free soaps and shampoo that hotels give out to their customers? Do you bring your soap/shampoo or travel lightly and use their soap/shampoo? Do you take them home when done with your stay?

Heck, I even saw someone selling hotel soaps and shampoo at flea market!!

For me, I don't mind their soap and shampoo. After all, they are free.

was in hotel last week they had nothing,i travel light so no took that stuff...no surprise the hotel sold it instead..First hotel been into that done that..
nothing free Derek you pay for it in extortinate room rates that why I was pissed they no had it

What do you think of those free soaps and shampoo that hotels give out to their customers? Do you bring your soap/shampoo or travel lightly and use their soap/shampoo? Do you take them home when done with your stay?

Heck, I even saw someone selling hotel soaps and shampoo at flea market!!

For me, I don't mind their soap and shampoo. After all, they are free.

sometimes I travel light and use their soaps instead but most of time - I bring my own. their shampoos are terrible. their soaps are not good for my skin.

sometimes I travel light and use their soaps instead but most of time - I bring my own. their shampoos are terrible. their soaps are not good for my skin.

I use and bin when away

I bring my own, and no way would I bring theirs own. Their stuff is awful, horrid horrid stuff.

I don't even bother staying at hotels. I stay with my Dad and stepmom when I visit, and when I shower, they usually have a very good quality of fine selections.

I don't even bother staying at hotels. I stay with my Dad and stepmom when I visit, and when I shower, they usually have a very good quality of fine selections.

This thread is about people who STAY at motels/hotels. If you don't, then I wouldn't bother commenting on this thread...

Orlando motels/hotels where I stayed at had mickey mouse soaps/shampoos that look cute. I take them home unused and save them in case I need them. They are a life saver if you happen to forget to bring them.

This thread is about people who STAY at motels/hotels. If you don't, then I wouldn't bother commenting on this thread...

Orlando motels/hotels where I stayed at had mickey mouse soaps/shampoos that look cute. I take them home unused and save them in case I need them. They are a life saver if you happen to forget to bring them.

Yes, but I also see soap and shampoo comments, which is why I chided in.

It's common sense. Of course people's homes have shampoos. Any home you go visit will have shampoos/soaps. Not all motels/hotels have shampoo/soap to provide their customers.

It's common sense. Of course people's homes have shampoos. Any home you go visit will have shampoos/soaps. Not all motels/hotels have shampoo/soap to provide their customers.

If you didn't notice what I said previously, I said they had a fine selection, meaning that they picked ONLY the best soaps and shampoos-- the kinds of soaps I've used at their place aren't cheap. Old Men Spice and all that. Come to think of it, that needs to be added to my list of things to do tomorrow.

I order free samples and bring those along with me to the hotel since they are a convenient size and I already know if I like them or not. If the hotel ones are any good I take them to use next time. Best hotel stuff I have seen is mini bath & body works.

I will use the hotel/motel soap and shampoo if I didnt bring my own, If I did bring my own then I save theirs for my next trip so I dont have to lug around bottles or buy little travel bottles to fill... fits in a sandwich baggie and Im out the door. My dad used to do a lot of traveling for business all over the world, we used to have loads of exotic soaps and shampoos... and Im not talking the itty bitty sizes either.

and every wal-mart/Dollar store has the cheap travel size soaps/shampoos and other stuff (razors/lotions...)

When we stay at motels/hotels (which is rare), I'll use their products so I don't have to unpack mine. Besides, they are included in the price. :)

If I don't use them, I take them with me. The little shampoos are perfect for taking to the beach. Our beach has outside showers, so I can shampoo the salt water out of my hair before leaving.

TCS and I are responsible for maintaining a guest suite at our church. (It's for traveling missionaries, evangelists, parents with sick children at the children's hospital.) We stock it with toiletries for our guests. (They stay for free.) We include bar hand soap, shower gel, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and make-up remover wipes. We try to use good products, and I've researched how to set up for hospitality. Sometimes they use them, sometimes they don't.

We also stock travel size toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, first aid kits, and sewing kits.

Our suite is a cross between a bed and breakfast and a long-stay hotel suite.

It's common sense. Of course people's homes have shampoos. Any home you go visit will have shampoos/soaps.
That's true (unless they're baldies). Nevertheless, I wouldn't use other people's stuff unless it's offered.

Not all motels/hotels have shampoo/soap to provide their customers.
Really? I've never been to any that didn't supply toiletries. What kind are they?

That's true (unless they're baldies). Nevertheless, I wouldn't use other people's stuff unless it's offered.

Really? I've never been to any that didn't supply toiletries. What kind are they?

I've gone to so many motels/hotels that I don't remember which ones that didn't. I've gone Motel 6, Holiday Inn, Days Inn, Suite Inn, Sheraton, Marriott, and resorts. I recall thinking to myself, "wow they didn't provide any shampoo". Now that I think about it, they provided soap I'm sure. I'm thinking of shampoos. Not all provide shampoos.

what about when you go on vacation to somewhere.... say Florida? or California? or Texas? or Europe?

what about when you go on vacation to somewhere.... say Florida? or California? or Texas? or Europe?

I have never traveled out of state nor out of country-- there's been no need to, and quite frankly, I don't see any point in doing so, because I don't have friends outside of Chicago, except in Iowa, but those friends have friends I'm not exactly popular with, so not an option.

I have never traveled out of state nor out of country-- there's been no need to, and quite frankly, I don't see any point in doing so, because I don't have friends outside of Chicago, except in Iowa, but those friends have friends I'm not exactly popular with, so not an option.

then you are in a wrong thread....

Back