Deaf plan on android tablet?

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
For Christmas, I got some tablets for a few people, the EVO View 4G tablet (HTC Express).
9400-main-medium-htc-evo-view-4g.jpg

It's same thing as a cellphone, except bigger (7" screen).

So for this tablet it can be used with SPRINT or can use it on Boostmobile (CDMA subsitute) plan.

Choices I can choose for plan is:
A. Sprint non-deaf data only plan, 3G+4G is $20/month for 1GB.
B. Sprint deaf plan, is $30/month for unlimited.
C. Boost mobile is $0.50/day unlimited internet or $2/day for unlimited everything.

Has anyone tried to add deaf plan with a 3G tablet? Did they let you do it?

fyi it's 29.95/mo plus 10.00 4g addon at sprint relay store only anddo not go to any sprint store otherwise you will get stuck with unwanted voice plan added to it

For Christmas, I got some tablets for a few people, the EVO View 4G tablet (HTC Express).

So for this tablet it can be used with SPRINT or can use it on Boostmobile (CDMA subsitute) plan.

C. Boost mobile is $0.50/day unlimited internet or $2/day for unlimited everything.

See Sprint plan.
$19.99 at 1GB
$34.99 at 3GB
$49.99 at 6GB
$79.99 at 12GB
Sprint Relay Store & Sprint

You better choose 3 GB plan including text messaging feature.

naisho, BoostMobile for no tablet plan. Only data plans for cell phones or mobile devices with unlimited talk, text and data

Oh I forgot $10 fee for 4G.. Deaf plan $40.
hmm, I think I'll use max 3-5gb a month to watch movies, netflix, surf web. But sprint plan get expensive after more than 3gb.
That's why I'm interested add deaf plan....

Chevy, here is trick to get Sprint device on Boost:
Flash Any Sprint Android Phones To Boost Mobile

The tablet is same as phone, can text, web, vp with application, etc.. Only different is sprint disabled the phone dialer but possible to hack it back from android developer.

How much is it to tether to it and use it as a hotspot?

I played with Evo View tablet. I admitted it's a huge "HTC EVO 4G" phone. I made a joke to my daughter that It's called "Daddy's" phone while we waited for her phone being serviced. :lol:

I'm sure that they still do have same Deaf plan. I think it'll work with Z4 VRS software.

Catty

I realize that Android Tablet with vibrate is an ideal for nearly blind. I met one lovely lady who own Android Tablet that way she can keep in touch. I'm amazing to see it's perfect because she need a big and able to see from the brightness display.

I own my sprint overdrive pro 4g $49.00 monthly unlimits to any phone, tablet, laptop etc... from project endeaver for deaf

What's a "deaf plan"? I don't use any phone services (except for a prepaid Razr with T-Mobile that I use only for texting), and I'm a bit embarrassed to say I'm quite behind on wireless technologies for the deaf, since I've never had to do anything I couldn't do with a laptop. :Oops:

Are you deaf? Do you live in isolation?

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Sprint is not unlimited unless you are grandfathered in.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (droid)

That doesn't say how much the monthly contract is???

I bought my phone (Evo 3D) through the store but I'm already having problems with the phone. Will the store work with me in getting it fixed, or am I wasting my time?

Back