Staples Out

ptcallaghan

Reaction score
Heres a pic of the "scar" after just getting the staples out today....

To me it seems like he went a lot further down than he needed to, and you cant really see it in this pic but the incision is fairly lumpy at the tail. ike it is almost rolled over on itself.

Hopefully that flattens out. I am not too worried about the parts that are under the hair line or immediately behind the ear as they wont show...just that tailend...

Any comments about your scars??

Attachments

• IMG_2491small.jpg
    IMG_2491small.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 18
Not a CI implantee, but on scars, maybe you are a keloid former?

Nope not normally a keloid former, have had one past surgery with about a 4 inch scar and it is flat as can be (but quite noticeable)...plus 100s of self inflicted wounds over the last 30 years and actually pretty much no visible scarring except when I tan in the summer, then a few of the more recent ones will show slightly.

I am hoping it was just from having the staples too tight in that spot and it will relax over the next few weeks. I have read that massageing the surrounding area can help so I will keep doing that and Vitamin E cream that my Dr Recommended...

Not the end of the world, but right now it looks crappy

Never seen anyone with scar that low. My started from bottom of the ear going along very closely to the ridge at the back of the ear and about 2 inches above bit like yours. I had glue/steri strips not staples.

Thats kinda what I figured...I know he said he was super careful to expose the facial nerves, perhaps this is why so low??

Id say if you were looking dead on that the cut goes about a half an inch past the bottom of the ear...but from where it leaves the ear at the back, it is more like 1.5 inches down...

Glad you got those staples out. Those must have been uncomfortable. My head was just glued and and steir-stripped. I think the Vitamin E cream and massage is a good idea.

Yah...they were really tight and right on top of the bone where it comes closest to the skin behind the ear meaning the slightest pressure and they were digging right into the bone...

Not sure why they didnt use the steri-strips, perhaps because some people are allergic (my dad is, he got blisters where they attached to the skin). but they didnt know that. I think is it just their preferred method

I think after one night of having them out that the worst part of the scar is slowly starting to flatten out, or maybe its just wishful thinkin it just doesnt seem as long today

Thats a pretty big incision.. Mine went directly behind the ear they shaved nothing off my head and it does'nt go above or below my ear at all.. Intresting to see how different surgeons operate!

Back