anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

Sorry jiro but the Glock has been around much, much longer than the XD. The XD is a copy with different safety. Glock is carried by more police agencies than any other gun around hands down. Less expensive too! Reliable as heck too!

yes Glock came up with that simple reliable "plastic" gun design first but Springfield did it better. much better. Lot of police agencies carry them because Glock was there first but if both Glock and Springfield came out at same time, I have a strong confidence that they would pick Springfield.

Additionally, Springfield has extensive history in firearm business so....

hmm I'm not sure what's with crazed fascination of AR-15. I've shot a military-version and I'm not a fan of it. I would possibly go with either Galil or AK-47. I can't imagine going to war with 5.56

TCS's AR15 Bushmaster:

Attachments

• ar151.jpg
    ar151.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 9
  • ar152.jpg
    ar152.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ar153.jpg
    ar153.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 5
hmm I'm not sure what's with crazed fascination of AR-15. I've shot a military-version and I'm not a fan of it. I would possibly go with either Galil or AK-47. I can't imagine going to war with 5.56
5.56 vs 7.62x39 is a hot topic all over the internet. From what I gather the 5.56 NATO has the edge on distance and the beefier 7.62 has the edge in shorter distances. I'm not a fan of the AR-15 myself. I own a couple Yugo SKS and would love to own a long barrel AK-47 variant.

5.56 vs 7.62x39 is a hot topic all over the internet. From what I gather the 5.56 NATO has the edge on distance and the beefier 7.62 has the edge in shorter distances. I'm not a fan of the AR-15 myself. I own a couple Yugo SKS and would love to own a long barrel AK-47 variant.

right but most of soldiers are not a sharpshooter and lot of enemies duck behind obstacles so I'd want to rain down hell on them with 7.62 instead of 5.56

Most people don't go into combat with their personal weapons. You use what you get issued. ;)

Most people don't go into combat with their personal weapons. You use what you get issued. ;)

I know. Those weapons I listed are standard weapon for Russians and Israelis. I'd like to go with that instead of AR-15/M-16/M4

You can probably hit the broad side of a barn with an AK-47 .... if you are inside the barn.

Well, since I'm a police officer, it (AR15) is the only long gun other than shotgun that we can carry. Plus it being the present day U.S. military weapon and the fact that it looks cool probably has something to do with it. They are everywhere and ammo is easy to get and inexpensive though not cheap.

Yes, but the AK is way more reliable in the desert environment.

but.... Russia is not a desert country and I don't need to remind you of AK-47's reliability and destructiveness in Vietnam War

Just give me one of each (AK47, AR15) and I'll be happy! There is nothing wrong with the XD other than it is a copy. I like Springfield Armory. The Glock is proven and accepted as well.

AK-47 is found in all around the world of all kinds of weather. cheap and reliable.

for sure. i just meant, since you were talking about no deserts in Russia, that I was pointing out that Afghanistan does and Russia invaded that country.

Aaaaanyway.

for sure. i just meant, since you were talking about no deserts in Russia, that I was pointing out that Afghanistan does and Russia invaded that country.

Aaaaanyway.

right but Afghanistan is not part of Russia. Russians did invade Afghanistan and they lost. Funny that both sides were using AK-47.

right but Afghanistan is not part of Russia. Russians did invade Afghanistan and they lost. Funny that both sides were using AK-47.

well, i think one can safely assume Russia didn't buy ak-47s to shoot at themselves in some desert within their own borders and that they bought guns for wars against other nations, such as Afghanistan for example.

Ducking out of this thread now. Carry on.

well, i think one can safely assume Russia didn't buy ak-47s to shoot at themselves in some desert within their own borders and that they bought guns for wars against other nations, such as Afghanistan for example.

Ducking out of this thread now. Carry on.

China manufactures AK-47s too.

I understand that AK-47's make unique sounds when fired. I wouldn't know, would you?

I understand that AK-47's make unique sounds when fired. I wouldn't know, would you?

I wouldn't for the AK but I would for a John Deere tractor (the farm one, not the construction one). :D Wellllll, it IS very, very distinctive.

Please don't call me an audist.

Back