what did you get for Christmas?

Sorry I'm a little late. But, HAPPY BITYHDAY!! Where are you going on your cruise? How fun. I went on one to the Caribbean 10years ago. It was so much fun. Good luck!!!:angel:

Going on a Disney cruise to the Bahamas. Only a 3 day cruise, but hey - I'm finally getting to go after many cancellations due to health and finances. :D

Beach girl...it is a Christmas tradition that I get matching bras and undies from my hubby. It started out with him getting tired of me being too lazy to go shopping for new bras and undies and they would get so old to the point of just wearing out. So he got me some one Christmas and I loved it and he has been doing it ever since. The only difference is that the number of sets grows each year and I have one huge drawer full of them. This year, he added some spice to it..he got me 3 sexy lingerie which are comfortable. I wore one of them last night and lets say, we had a great night out of itlmao

Today he texted me saying that he forgot about two gifts and to go look for them in the basement. So I did...wow..he got me beautiful jewelery-

Cruise

Going on a Disney cruise to the Bahamas. Only a 3 day cruise, but hey - I'm finally getting to go after many cancellations due to health and finances. :D
That sounds like so much fun. Have a great time. Take lots of pictures. I dont know if you have ever seen the ocean there, the color is amazing. I think of that when I need to get my mind off the pain. What a beautiful place, I would love to go again. But, like you lots of health issues get in the way of having fun. :angel:

I got to reconnect with my East Coast Italian family, some of whom I'd never met, and others I hadn't seen since I was a baby and/or small child. We had a lasagna dinner with lots of Italian specialties.

My cousin made me a batch of cookies using my grandmother's special snowball and butter cookie recipes. Then, she gave me the recipe cards that my grandmother had typed up years ago on her typewriter. It meant so much to me, since I have just a few things of my grandmother. My other cousin made a jar of tomato sauce and told the story of how my grandmother taught her and all the women in the families how to make tomato sauce when they were girls. Was all I could do to choke down the lump in my throat.

I did live close to my grandparents toward the end of their lives, but they had become old frail at that point. My grandmother had already started developing Alzheimer's and my grandfather had had a stroke and could not talk, so I never really got to see what they were like in their prime. It was a gift to hear my cousins' stories and eat the same food my grandmother would have made for Christmases past.

Everything else I got is just replaceable bullshit.

You will have to tell me about it on Sat when we see each other. It sounds awesome! I'll bet your gf enjoyed meeting your family as well. :)

You know, it could be that your daughter feels that she has to try harder to please her MIL because MIL is more picky and critical, and your daughter is more comfortable and casual with you. :dunno:

My daughter is very comfortable with me, but I wish she was not that comfortable ! I tried very hard to buy gifts that my daughter will like. I guess I accept the same from her.

My daughter is very comfortable with me, but I wish she was not that comfortable ! I tried very hard to buy gifts that my daughter will like. I guess I accept the same from her.
It does seem that a happy medium, somewhere between too comfortable and trying too hard, would be nice.

Well I am not a hick and do not have poop everywhere. Marty does not like to poop in his own yard. He is too clean to that ! Just my luck to get a dog that is a 'Martha Stewart' when is come to pooping!! I feel bad as MY daughter gave her mother in law nicer gifts !

Sounds like someone is jealous. :lol: I never ever care what ppl get me and others for christmas. I only spend 35 dollars on christmas gifts and I got a big ass present. :) Maybe women get jealous very easy. :dunno:

Sounds like someone is jealous. :lol: I never ever care what ppl get me and others for christmas. I only spend 35 dollars on christmas gifts and I got a big ass present. :) Maybe women get jealous very easy. :dunno:

Generalizing greatly, I think women put more meaning on presents than men do. That can lead to hurt feelings if the presents do not represent the bonds that women feel.

Jealousy itself is an equal-opportunity emotion, but I think is often expressed in different ways.

Back