Finlay's tumor is CANCER!!

I would want to share that final walk. I know it is hard. Heck, I would mourn more over my dog dying compared to some of my close relatives. I realize it ain't for everyone, but it really helps begin the acceptance process.

Its exactly like losing a child. All the emotions are the same. I am very very sorry to hear about Finlay.

I am all too familiar with the grieving process of losing your best friend. It helps to make a photo album of all the happy pictures of Finlay's life, it will help you later.

It's always hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Sorry for your loss.

The best dog I ever had had cancer too. I drove back to my parents house (about 4 hours) to be with him. I was crying and crying the entire trip and time in the vet's office. Shortly after she injected him, I stopped crying.. I honestly felt much better.. More at peace. I asked my boyfriend at the time, who was with me, if he passed and he nodded. He said I stopped crying at the exact moment he stopped breathing. It was nothing short of amazing. I miss him (the dog, not the ex lol) often but I try to remember that putting him to sleep was a good decision.. He was ready to go. But I'm sorry.. I know it's really tough! hugs

:angel:

Cancer gets the best ones. That is for certain. Often strikes at the most kind-hearted of individuals and everyone knows no one could deserve such an affliction.

So sorry for what you're going through and I hope there is some solace you can take in cherishing the time you have spent on this Earth with your beloved pet.

:( I am so sorry Warped Pink. Isn't it wierd how that is true though? What is it they say?... only the good die young. Sorry again, really.

The best dog I ever had had cancer too. I drove back to my parents house (about 4 hours) to be with him. I was crying and crying the entire trip and time in the vet's office. Shortly after she injected him, I stopped crying.. I honestly felt much better.. More at peace. I asked my boyfriend at the time, who was with me, if he passed and he nodded. He said I stopped crying at the exact moment he stopped breathing. It was nothing short of amazing. I miss him (the dog, not the ex lol) often but I try to remember that putting him to sleep was a good decision.. He was ready to go. But I'm sorry.. I know it's really tough! hugs

Thank you warpedpink! It is so hard to know if you're making the right decision. It is hard to believe that my dog has cancer as he wanted me to play with him today! I decided when Finlay no longer is able to play he has to be in too much pain. But I do not want Finlay to be in pain and that would mean putting him to sleep now before the cancer get worst. He is still strong enough to pull me , but he is getting very fussy in eating, the vet said to fed him anything he want and right now he love hot dogs! I will buy him vanilla ice cream too !

Cancer gets the best ones. That is for certain. Often strikes at the most kind-hearted of individuals and everyone knows no one could deserve such an affliction.

So sorry for what you're going through and I hope there is some solace you can take in cherishing the time you have spent on this Earth with your beloved pet.

How true , Finlay is the most sweetness dog I know, he made friends everywhere we go! People come up to me and ask if they can pat him and they're so surprised how Finlay will leaned against them, the person always walk away feeling good! Well , I going to put my doggie to bed , I tell him it bed time and he go jumped on my bed! Or I should say our bed! LOL

I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Finlay's diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I went through this, too. In 2009, I lost my Blue Point Siamese cat, Suki, to nose tumor - Cancer. She was 16 years old. I know how difficult it is to letting go of your furry best friend. The vet let me hold her until it was over and then, the vet gave me a hug and we (and my sister, too) cried together. In two days later, I received a pet sympathy card and a plaque in the mail from the vet and staff. It was very nice of them. Sigh...

Spend alot of your time with Finlay as you can.
Again, I am sorry, Whatdidyousay. :(
Hugs!

WOOF!

This is why I don't own pets in my life, because I don't think my heart can handle me once when they pass away. :shock:

:cry: So sad with you, whatdidyousay! our very beloved Rottie, who was soooo special to us - we had news of her kidney disease when she was 2 years and eventually had to make the Decision too, it was so hard and I still about her. we'll be thinking of you here-
hugs-

I'm very sorry that your news was bad.

Try to take some more pictures of Finlay before it's too late. They will be precious to you later.

I will pray comfort and strength for you during this difficult time. :hug:

This is why I don't own pets in my life, because I don't think my heart can handle me once when they pass away. :shock:

I understand. But again sometimes having pets in your life do something on purpose like pets loves you and you love them.

I still am sad about my other deceased pets but always remember them that they had the best life because of me rather living with someone else who were cruel to them.

maybe someday, you may be willing to adopt a dog or cat? who knows.

This is why I was trying to stress that taking the final walk is so helpful. Well done. :hug:

I am really sorry about Finlay. It is a good idea to stay closer and be with Finlay on his last days of his life. It was never easy for me when I lost three cats one at a time.

I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Finlay's diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I went through this, too. In 2009, I lost my Blue Point Siamese cat, Suki, to nose tumor - Cancer. She was 16 years old. I know how difficult it is to letting go of your furry best friend. The vet let me hold her until it was over and then, the vet gave me a hug and we (and my sister, too) cried together. In two days later, I received a pet sympathy card and a plaque in the mail from the vet and staff. It was very nice of them. Sigh...

Spend alot of your time with Finlay as you can.
Again, I am sorry, Whatdidyousay. :(
Hugs!

WOOF!

Thank you so much Sosie! I spending most of the day with Finlay, I am sorry to hear you lost your furry best friend to cancer too. :( I will give Finlay your message! !!

I know what you mean! I met a guy that had two poodles , and the guy told me he will never get another poodle as he could not through the heartaches of losing a dog again! It was too much for him. I am know this going to be real hard on me!

Back