Poltergeist

Lau2046

Reaction score
Why oh why is this being re-made? Was there something wrong with the original? I think it's so sad when remakes are put out there; they practically say the same lines, have the same scenes and they're not terribly different except the original film was more entertaining and fresh. What a waste of time and money. Is no one in Hollywood capable of making an original film anymore? They copy everything from Asia, put their spin on it, now they remake their own classics? Makes no sense....

Laura

Its bieng re made,because holywood is bankrupt of any ideas...its just re gurgitating over and over, not just the stories, the same titles, too...

intresting....most things done on blue screen not much need for stunt men anymore

intresting....most things done on blue screen not much need for stunt men anymore

Don't count on it...people like Jackie Chan will never go out of fashion. Hong Kong doesn't use a blue screen because people like to see the real deal...a main reason Hong Kong action films are tops....

You mean the curse that killed the child stars to the films? And the older sister was murdered..

Don't count on it...people like Jackie Chan will never go out of fashion. Hong Kong doesn't use a blue screen because people like to see the real deal...a main reason Hong Kong action films are tops....

Had james bond in my head...I watched the films so often I can see the joins the stand ins look alikes and stuntmen

You mean the curse that killed the child stars to the films? And the older sister was murdered..

This one probs won't be cursed because they're not gonna use real skeletons this time (I'm assuming)

I honestly don't know why they are remaking this, I can't handle remakes of my favorite horror movies. I'll give Halloween (not the sequel, though) by Rob Zombie a pass though, I've seen a lot worse...I didn't even bother to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street...

Why oh why is this being re-made? Was there something wrong with the original? I think it's so sad when remakes are put out there; they practically say the same lines, have the same scenes and they're not terribly different except the original film was more entertaining and fresh. What a waste of time and money. Is no one in Hollywood capable of making an original film anymore? They copy everything from Asia, put their spin on it, now they remake their own classics? Makes no sense....

Laura

I hate when a great movie is a remade , it's just not the same , like
'Cape Fear ' with Robert Mitchum & Gregory Peck was a remade with Robert de Niro and it just was not the same or half as good as the first one.

I totally concur with you. I dont appreciate that Hollywood wants to do loads of remakes of classic movies! Its obvious they have run out of ideas for new materials, so they've resorted to doing remakes in hopes with the advanced technology, then audience enjoy them 'better.' Nope, not happening...a classic is a classic and dont ruin it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AllDeaf App mobile app

yeah I never understand why so many movies are being remade. Leave the classics alone, they're classics for a reason! The remakes are never as good.

Sometimes, the original no longer has an appeal to newer audiences. So, they remake it or reboot it.

Some newer people thought the original Star Wars trilogy sucked, but liked the new trilogy.

rumour 'nightmare on elm street' being redone with the kids as adults

Sometimes, the original no longer has an appeal to newer audiences. So, they remake it or reboot it.

Some newer people thought the original Star Wars trilogy sucked, but liked the new trilogy.

No way!! I prefer the 4,5, nd 6. Not the prequels.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Yeah they take classics black and white movies and colorize them and destroy the movies. I hate that !

I had a co-worker once who told me that the new trilogy was soooo much better than the original because the special effects were better and the original trilogy just focused on the story and characters...while I was wearing an Empire Strikes Back t-shirt...

Yet again, this was also the same co-worker who thought the Electoral College was an ACTUAL college...:roll:

There's no lack of screenwriting talent or fresh ideas in the Film Making industry, it's just that the big studios know that franchises and blockbusters bring in the money. Here's a case..... Captain America:The Winter Soldier - was originally not a Marvel Universe film, but the script was changed in order to include the characters, the Studio thought it was a great script but didn't want the cost of a financial bomb.
It kind of works the other way as well. Warner Bros let Christopher Nolan make Intersteller for $165 Million simply because the Batman fanchise had made so much money for them...

don't forget try see Enfield poltergeist true story and I know the house

Back