I can appreciate this

deafdrummer

Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/R2oZlya.jpg

It's happening to me more and more, as I left retail, and it appears my speech reception is worsening (most likely because my hearing aids are degrading near their end-of-service life). Someone recently told me her name was Adelaide, and I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND AT ALL. She had to type it out on her phone, and then it made sense.

Names are the thing I have the hardest time with. They're not something that can be figured out in the context of a sentence. It's a guessing game every single time.

Funny but for me, I get the vowels while mishearing the consonants of a name. Like Sara- is it SAH-ra? Or did I hear Zara? Who knows? And Kaylee- did she call Kaylee or Hayley? Again, who knows.

Funny but for me, I get the vowels while mishearing the consonants of a name. Like Sara- is it SAH-ra? Or did I hear Zara? Who knows? And Kaylee- did she call Kaylee or Hayley? Again, who knows.

Exactly!!

Names are the thing I have the hardest time with. They're not something that can be figured out in the context of a sentence. It's a guessing game every single time.

I've been saying this for years.

I just nod and smile with names most of the time... >.> You know the big cheesy smile like :D

Back