North Carolina Students Can Now Pray At School, Mention God In Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have different religions and I feel that they are going to start a religion war on us against our different faiths.

There is one thing I am wondering why they have to put prayers and religion in public schools instead of religion private schools? This is the way they want children to be in private school like Catholic private schools or Jewish private schools or any other religion they would prefer to chose for a child or children into the religion schools. But public schools, this is not the answer to that. The children came to learn about their subjects in order to get ready for college someday. They don't have time to think about religion in public schools. No religion in public schools. That is the separate between religion and state. :(

US Constitution disagrees with you.

This law isn't make school praying mandatory to all students, but it is optional.

It's not required.... if some kids want to have a prayer group... let them. It's not like it's required and it's not like it's going to be dine mid class. It's not like they can force it on other students... So what, who cares? Freedom of choice. I'm allowed to have a LGBT group in school... they can have a prayer group... big whoop. You can't just defend the freedom of one side of things and not the other. As long as nobody is being forced to participate and it isn't being forced down peoples throats I see no issues with it. As long as it is done on their own time.... there is no issue.

Excellent point. :D

I really do not understand the unfiltered hatred and intolerance directed at people of faith. Some folks just need to grow up and realize that not everyone thinks and believes the same way they do.

I certainly am not intolerant and full of hatred against people of faith. I'm atheist, married to a Roman Catholic, my best friend is Lutheran and her husband is Jewish. We all get on like gangbusters, and my closest friend in town is also Jewish. I just resent religion intruding where it has no place, like creationism being taught in biology classes as a valid theory alongside evolution.

Well, all I know is when I was going to school, they were teaching it as fact which I did have a problem with.

I don't mind if they teach it as long as they make it a point that it's a theory.

Well, with all the recent research that they have found to be true, it's getting very very close to being fact as much as evolution is. If you look at the wikipedia page and look at all of the proven information, it's getting very difficult to disbelieve it. It's also making the other models that I mentioned not viable contenders as explanations for the facts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang With all the information out there, I honestly can't imagine that BBT is not true and factual, in the layman's consideration of what true and factual mean.

Also, you still have to know the difference between general public's idea of theory and scientific definition of theory. They are very, very different.

There certainly needs to be some reconciliation between those who "believe" creation is a fact, and those who "believe" evolution is a fact. You can't allow one belief to be dominant and in direct opposition to those whom disagree with you. There are plenty of "facts" on both sides. There are also plenty of "scientists" on both sides that all have their own beliefs. You have Dr. Walt Brown, Wehrner Von Braun, etc. in the "intelligent design" camp, then you have the atheists such as Bill Nye the science guy in the other camp. They all have their own "indisputable facts". What is not happening however, that I am seeing, is any tolerance from the atheist camp in regards to those who believe in intelligent design as fact.

I learned all about evolution in school. I attended both private and public schools. In private schools, I was taught that a loving creator created life, in public schools I was taught that over a large expanse of time, there was enough f%%king in the primordial soup that eventually a single celled organism sprouted legs and walked on land. And they wonder why kids have no respect these days ...

Who feels it coming? I feel it coming.... :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked:

Thaaaaaaaaaank goodness when it doooooooooooes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back