Ammunition Rationing

NY is requiring background check for ammo now - it means black market will going to rise in state of NY.
NY now requires ammo background check

The black market is strongly covered under real documentaries about gangs, that's not propaganda and those documentaries are originally from History.

my god.... you just don't get it, don't you?

it's very simple - just buy ammo from different states or order it online. why bother with black market? you really need to stay off this subject and I think it's best if you just sit down and listen rather than "teach" us something. we have real life experience and years of knowledge... you? Drug, Inc. and Gangland? really? :roll:

NY is requiring background check for ammo now - it means black market will going to rise in state of NY.

The black market is strongly covered under real documentaries about gangs, that's not propaganda and those documentaries are originally from History.

S117-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires a national instant criminal background check to be conducted on each individual who purchases ammunition - New York State Senate

The law goes into effect next year. You've been commenting as though this ammo "black market" has existed for quite some time. You are 100% wrong.

Looking through your posts in this thread I see there's no reasoning with you on this subject. Especially when it comes to "inconvenient" facts. So I won't bother with this pointless debate.

No hard feelings bro :)

my god.... you just don't get it, don't you?

it's very simple - just buy ammo from different states or order it online. why bother with black market? you really need to stay off this subject and I think it's best if you just sit down and listen rather than "teach" us something. we have real life experience and years of knowledge... you? Drug, Inc. and Gangland? really? :roll:

Reba already pointed out - that's true for legal gun citizens to buy ammo from online or go to different states - that's legal but for criminals, it is different because some criminals don't want to know about themselves when buy guns or ammo. You are only several years old than me, that's not much life experience, unless you have own experience and I have own experience.

Not forgot to mention about documentaries from Gangland is very old, mostly 1980's and 1990's, that why they are historical shows, also no one know about existence of black market on ammo because they are extremely uncommon, far less than tobacco.

S117-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires a national instant criminal background check to be conducted on each individual who purchases ammunition - New York State Senate

The law goes into effect next year. You've been commenting as though this ammo "black market" has existed for quite some time. You are 100% wrong.

Looking through your posts in this thread I see there's no reasoning with you on this subject. Especially when it comes to "inconvenient" facts. So I won't bother with this pointless debate.

No hard feelings bro :)

I'm not wrong about black market and my point - you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever, I will watch again when those shows are re-run (marathon) and my last watch was last year.

Reba already pointed out - that's true for legal gun citizens to buy ammo from online or go to different states - that's legal but for criminals, it is different because some criminals don't want to know about themselves when buy guns or ammo. You are only several years old than me, that's not much life experience, unless you have own experience and I have own experience.
even Reba is saying such thing is ridiculous and yet... you're quibbling around and still believe it does exist.

and no I'm not talking about "life experience." I'm talking about that we have many experience and knowledge with guns because we're gun owners. you are not. why are you being such a stubborn gnat?

Not forgot to mention about documentaries from Gangland is very old, mostly 1980's and 1990's, that why they are historical shows, also no one know about existence of black market on ammo because they are extremely uncommon, far less than tobacco.

I'm not wrong about black market and my point - you never know.
ok. there's no point in talking with you any further. you can go ahead and believe whatever you want even though all of us are telling you that it's ridiculous. I hope you are not telling other people about this because that would be shameful of you to spread the wrong information about firearms.

I hope you heed my advice - please leave the gun topics to gun owners to discuss about it to non-gun owners.

Back to the topic at hand...

A couple weeks ago I was checking prices on 10mm and was blown away. I found 10mm available for CHEAPER than 9mm. If someone told me a year ago I'd see this I would've never believed it.

The whole drawback to the 10mm has always been ammo is hard to find and pricey. Not so much anymore :lol: It's a "niche" caliber so demand isn't that high.

even Reba is saying such thing is ridiculous and yet... you're quibbling around and still believe it does exist.

and no I'm not talking about "life experience." I'm talking about that we have many experience and knowledge with guns because we're gun owners. you are not. why are you being a stubborn gnat?

Whatever, let get over about black market and I already lost the interest now.

ok. there's no point in talking with you any further. you can go ahead and believe whatever you want even though all of us are telling you that it's ridiculous. I hope you are not telling other people about this because that would be shameful of you to spread the wrong information about firearms.

Excuse me, I don't pass any of gun discussion into real life and like I said - we never know, period. No matter about how ridiculousness are you thinking and there is no wrong with opinion. The criminal is part of my concern, also even some people believe about black market does exist so don't blame on me for brought up.

I hope you heed my advice - please leave the gun topics to gun owners to discuss about it to non-gun owners.

This thread is open to everyone, including gun owners and non-gun owners, so ammo rationing is very interesting to know and we are free to discuss, not related to black market, though.

Whatever, let get over about black market and I already lost the interest now.

Excuse me, I don't pass any of gun discussion into real life and like I said - we never know, period. No matter about how ridiculousness are you thinking and there is no wrong with opinion. The criminal is part of my concern, also even some people believe about black market does exist so don't blame on me for brought up.
"some people" = they're jackass and they clearly know nothing. I don't understand why you believe them and not us.

This thread is open to everyone, including gun owners and non-gun owners, so ammo rationing is very interesting to know and we are free to discuss, not related to black market, though.

that's not what I said. I said I hope you are not teaching other people about gun subjects. You are free to discuss but you shouldn't lecture to us about it.

and I'm not talking about this thread alone. I'm talking about in real life. I would never engage in "HEY DID YOU KNOW...." discussion with other people on any subject I clearly know nothing about or have no experience/knowledge about it. I listen, not argue.

"some people" = they're jackass and they clearly know nothing. I don't understand why you believe them and not us.

that's not what I said. I said I hope you are not teaching other people about gun subjects. You are free to discuss but you shouldn't lecture to us about it.

and I'm not talking about this thread alone. I'm talking about in real life. I would never engage in "HEY DID YOU KNOW...." discussion with other people on any subject I clearly know nothing about or have no experience/knowledge about it. I listen, not argue.

Ok, I take your word and I have difficult life after road rage incident that involved with firearm - deal with traumatic memory.

Is Walmart still ammo rationing or no longer now?

Ok, I take your word and I have difficult life after road rage incident that involved with firearm - deal with traumatic memory.
understandable but that has nothing to do with black market or ammunition because it can be a fake toy gun.

probably. ammo is still mostly sold out until probably next year. some stores do have ammo available but it will be expensive.

understandable but that has nothing to do with black market or ammunition because it can be a fake toy gun.

probably. ammo is still mostly sold out until probably next year. some stores do have ammo available but it will be expensive.

Oh I see, anything is possible but I won't play game if it is real or fake because I don't want risk my life.

Yes, make sense and I think it will be good for country's economy.

Gun owners can easily go to other states to buy ammo legally. They don't need to resort to the black market.

What's the safety factor? If you blow out the side of the casing, can you lose your thumb?

Naw, you can see stretches and or cracks in the cases and you get rid of them. If you did have a case rupture you could get some gasses venting out around the gun that could burn you (or blind you if you're stupid and don't wear safety glasses). The "Kabooms" usually come from accidentally double charging a case, getting a round stuck in the barrel and firing another behind it or repeatedly firing really hot loads. Really hot loads can get dangerous because you're approaching the limit of the firearm and so minor things such as empty space in the case, bullet depth and crimp can make a difference.

I had some 38 special cases that where approaching 15 reloads. they didn't require resizing or crimping the case which work hardens the brass. That's why you'll get less reloads out of a semi. It's more work but you can aneal the cases with a torch before resizing and get more loads that way. People that shoot hard to find ammo will do that.

What's insane is the big demand for 22LR. Right now I can buy centerfire rifle ammo cheaper than 22LR.

The high sales of ammo is good for our country's economy and when the demand goes up, so they could build more ammo plants or hire more employees to make ammo.

This same thing happened the first time Obama was elected. Eventually the bubble will burst. Ammo machinery is expensive and companies wouldn't see return on investment before the market bounced back to normal.

Yes, they are.

Naw, you can see stretches and or cracks in the cases and you get rid of them. If you did have a case rupture you could get some gasses venting out around the gun that could burn you (or blind you if you're stupid and don't wear safety glasses). The "Kabooms" usually come from accidentally double charging a case, getting a round stuck in the barrel and firing another behind it or repeatedly firing really hot loads. Really hot loads can get dangerous because you're approaching the limit of the firearm and so minor things such as empty space in the case, bullet depth and crimp can make a difference.

I had some 38 special cases that where approaching 15 reloads. they didn't require resizing or crimping the case which work hardens the brass. That's why you'll get less reloads out of a semi. It's more work but you can aneal the cases with a torch before resizing and get more loads that way. People that shoot hard to find ammo will do that.

What's insane is the big demand for 22LR. Right now I can buy centerfire rifle ammo cheaper than 22LR.

Interesting..

Black market ammo! :laugh2:

Buy from Mexico? :laugh2:

Give it time, ammo will restock. I have seen a slight stock improvement locally. Guns at my favorite gun store are still the same old price.

Black market ammo! :laugh2:

Buy from Mexico? :laugh2:

Give it time, ammo will restock. I have seen a slight stock improvement locally. Guns at my favorite gun store are still the same old price.

That's good. I switched to .38 special so I can find ammunition at a reasonable price. Hahaha...

Turns out my snubby's a beast. I love it. Best decision I've made regarding firearms.

Back