Rush is moving to Costa Rica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
does he like living in Costa Rica?

My high school friend loves it there. He has a beautiful place. I posted this before.....Americans are treated like Kings there. There are areas of crime yet Americans can leave their doors unlocked because the people are smart enough to know they don't want to lose the American cash.

Surely, you know that they all have socialized health care? Some are even compulsory.

I bet you that American's privatized health care > socialized health care in that list. I don't know if you read my post from last week but I was very ill and went to E.R.

Total Expense I paid for doctors, blood tests, piss test, CAT scan, 2 x-rays, medication, E.R., etc??? $47 co-pay.

I doubt I can get this kind of speedy service and quality of service in a country with socialized health care. beside... only about 16% of America is uninsured. Yes that is a lot but not enough to justify a hefty portion of Obama's health care reform like public option.

My post from last month

It's funny they have an illegal immigration problem in Costa Rica. From Nicaragua.

Also there is quite a bit of crime.....people have bars on windows....but the Americans don't. They tell my friend that Americans don't need them because even the poorest people realize they don't want Americans to leave.

Would I rather live where being American rocks! Or where being American is something you should apologize for???

Again, you failed to grasp my point - Costa Rica has universal health care. Why would he wants to go there? What difference would it make? None. :)

I wasn't referring to health care per se but the claims that he threatened to move to Costa Rica. And that's not true.

Again, you failed to grasp my point - Costa Rica has universal health care. Why would he wants to go there? What difference would it make? None. :)

Rush doesn't....as Koko said

Why would anyone want to? Well Costa Rica and the US are heading in the opposite directions for a solution. Costa Rica is opening up to outside insurance.....The US is moving toward government control.

Rank Country

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America

38 Slovenia
39 Cuba

And people think we should stay with the system we have? I don't get it. Maybe both parties are to blame for the current ranking, but party affiliation be damned. Let's wait until the Conservatives are back in control to fix this. :eek3:

And people think we should stay with the system we have? I don't get it. Maybe both parties are to blame for the current ranking, but party affiliation be damned. Let's wait until the Conservatives are back in control to fix this. :eek3:

Toobad, conservative won't fix it like just happened during Bush admin in 2001-2006 before democrat tookover congress, even I know about they will repeat like in past so nothing is new.

There's interesting article about private insurance would getting more expensive.
Obama rejected the suggestion from his opponents that the Democrats scrap the current plan and start over. "Let me tell you something," he said. "The insurance industry is not starting over. They just announced a 39 percent rate increase in California. And a rate increase of up to 60 percent right across the border in my own state of Illinois. Sixty percent in one year. That's the future if we fail to act."
White House continues to slam insurers - CNN.com

I bet you that American's privatized health care > socialized health care in that list. I don't know if you read my post from last week but I was very ill and went to E.R.

Total Expense I paid for doctors, blood tests, piss test, CAT scan, 2 x-rays, medication, E.R., etc??? $47 co-pay.

I doubt I can get this kind of speedy service and quality of service in a country with socialized health care. beside... only about 16% of America is uninsured. Yes that is a lot but not enough to justify a hefty portion of Obama's health care reform like public option.

Maybe more than that due unemployment rate is 10%.

I'm predicting that uninsured rate would increase at greater rate in future, which is unfortunate.

I don't think anyone wants the system we have. I sure don't. Seems it would be common sense to start with the stuff that doesn't cost anything like passing tort reform and freeing people to buy insurance accross State lines...But that is not what they are proposing now.

lol.

who cares where Limbaugh wants to move to?

Bingo! I'll be glad to pay his air fare if he promises never to come back. Let some other country put up with him for awhile. This village won't miss the idiot.:giggle:

Bingo! I'll be glad to pay his air fare if he promises never to come back. Let some other country put up with him for awhile. This village won't miss the idiot.:giggle:

His ratings indicate otherwise

His ratings indicate otherwise

I don't give much credibility to ratings. They are far too easily inflated and manipulated. What you are failing to understand is, his ratings come from people of a like mind. All that means is the people who like him watch him regularly. It doesn't make any statement at all regarding whether the majority of Americans agree with him, or even pay any attention what so ever to his innane ramblings.

Indeed, Txgolf. He's number one on the radio. Not bad for a deaf guy who has a contract worth $400 million dollars. Like he needs to move. Dream on, folks. It was bad enough when people in here were actually wishing him death or bad health. Not a good thing.

Indeed. He's number one on the radio. Not bad for a deaf guy who has a contract worth $400 million dollars. Like he needs to move. Dream on, folks.

$400m contract? I thought dozens of sponsors dropped out?

It was bad enough when people in here were actually wishing him death or bad health. Not a good thing.
where? I don't see any posts in here that wished him death or bad health.

Indeed, Txgolf. He's number one on the radio. Not bad for a deaf guy who has a contract worth $400 million dollars. Like he needs to move. Dream on, folks. It was bad enough when people in here were actually wishing him death or bad health. Not a good thing.

That claim is actually extremely misleading when used to support his popularity. But it doesn't surprise me that his supporters engage in the same attempts to spin, manipulate, and manufacture that he himself does. It is to be expected. Which is exactly why his supporters carry no weight in his defense.

ah.... $400 million for 8 years. Well... with dozens of sponsors dropping out... wondering how will they pay him.

Exactly. That contract is only as good as the paper it is written on without the funding to pay it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back