Healthy snack

JanatheShort

Reaction score
I was at Sam's Club this weekend, and they had samples of Activia yogurt... when we told her that we already had some Yoplait yogurt at home, she said we could freeze it and eat it as a healthy snack!

I tried it... it was really good, really healthy, but it took forever to eat because you had to just eat a little at a time because the rest was too hard to get with your spoon. If you are like me, and snack when bored, it's really great!!!!

I don't eat yoplait because of some things in there(I've heard flavored yogurts are not healthy), but I do eat non-fat Greek yogurt. It's really good for making onion dip without sour cream.

I'm actually thinking of doing an Indian Shrimp Masala with it as a cream substitute, but haven't gotten around to doing an Indian dinner yet.

I take my So Delicious brand of coconut milk yogurt and freeze it with a popsicle stick and make popsicles out of it. Very yummy!!

I don't eat yoplait because of some things in there(I've heard flavored yogurts are not healthy), but I do eat non-fat Greek yogurt. It's really good for making onion dip without sour cream.

I'm actually thinking of doing an Indian Shrimp Masala with it as a cream substitute, but haven't gotten around to doing an Indian dinner yet.

Where did you hear that? I eat Yoplait Light a lot! My nutritionist said a 6oz ANY yogurt is great for a snack and can be substituted for a glass of milk. I buy all different flavors and Yoplait is one of the few who actually use real fruit.

Where did you hear that? I eat Yoplait Light a lot! My nutritionist said a 6oz ANY yogurt is great for a snack and can be substituted for a glass of milk. I buy all different flavors and Yoplait is one of the few who actually use real fruit.

Do they use food coloring?

If there's actual real fruit, how come the nutrition label doesn't show any fiber? Also, yoplait yoghurt has 27 grams of sugar (more than 5 teaspoons!) although Yoplait light has 14 (about 2 to 3 teaspoons).

It's actually healthier to get plain yoghurt and add your own fruits and choice of sweetener.

And it's cheaper too. :)

Do they use food coloring?

regardless, lol food coloring is barely a reason to consider something healthy or not. the reason yogurt is healthy for women especially is because of the calcium it has in it. Some days I just don't feel like having 3 glasses of milk, which is what women should drink. its 100 calories and if that is something that will keep me from opening a bag of chips or eating a candy bar then it certainly is healthy.

If there's actual real fruit, how come the nutrition label doesn't show any fiber? Also, yoplait yoghurt has 27 grams of sugar (more than 5 teaspoons!) although Yoplait light has 14 (about 2 to 3 teaspoons).

It's actually healthier to get plain yoghurt and add your own fruits and choice of sweetener.

And it's cheaper too. :)

Oh Im not denying that it isnt healthier to use plain yogurt im just saying that just because its flavored doesnt mean its not healthy, and theres real fruit because I can chew it up in there. Id assume that some of the source of sugar is the fruit... I havent checked the label of every yoplait light ive tried :) but it also calculates in the fact that you do need sugar and if you are eating what you are suppose to be eating that 14 grams of sugar is good for your body.

Also the reason you can substitute it for your Milk is because Skim milk has about 90-95 calories per 8 ounces with over 12 grams of sugar... that was only the point I was making. So its still a healthy snack :)

I like Brown Cow cream-top yogurt. mmmm. I buy the plain stuff (only whole milk, we never eat non-fat yogurt), and stir in about 1/3 of a package of sugar-free jello into a cup of yogurt. Mmmmm.

Of course, the sugar free jello is not that healthy.

Also the reason you can substitute it for your Milk is because Skim milk has about 90-95 calories per 8 ounces with over 12 grams of sugar... that was only the point I was making. So its still a healthy snack :)

As you've mentioned before, as long as one eats in moderation, whatever it is, they're ok :)

I personally avoid dairy for a wide variety of reasons, mostly health-related.

I love milk too, that's why I keep almond milk in the fridge. I have shelf stable rice and soy milk as well for cooking.

I just wait till kids get older then i can decide whatever to buy for food. But I cant complain about regular milk. ha.

what about MILK? I love milk!! lol

Milk is dairy! Like Kristina said, there are alternatives like almond, soy, coconut milk.

I am a vegan but I don't try to convert anyone, including my own bacon-loving sons :) I believe it's a choice one has to want to make for themselves.

Milk is dairy! Like Kristina said, there are alternatives like almond, soy, coconut milk.

I am a vegan but I don't try to convert anyone, including my own bacon-loving sons :) I believe it's a choice one has to want to make for themselves.

I do love Almond Milk :)

I had to change since I am now allergic to cow's dairy.

Back