Best instant video messaging app?

asongofhands

Reaction score
I just tried Glide a few days ago for my iPhone and at first it looked like a great app - very fast and convenient, until I realized it sends your message out to EVERYONE ON YOUR PHONE, along with a solicitation to join! App FAIL.

Anyone have any iPhone apps for instant video messaging?

Just to be clear, as a hearing person I do not have access to Sorenson or Purple etc. to sign with my Deaf friends. That's why I thought a video IM app would be more convenient.

Have you tried WhatsApp? I use it to communicate with my fiance and her family in Brazil all the time.

if you'd like to text businesses, we're developing an app which lets you text and get answers from any business in the US. You can learn more at getshowter.com

Do PM me for any feedback you have - look forward to it!

I just tried Glide a few days ago for my iPhone and at first it looked like a great app - very fast and convenient, until I realized it sends your message out to EVERYONE ON YOUR PHONE, along with a solicitation to join! App FAIL.

Anyone have any iPhone apps for instant video messaging?

My wife and a bunch of her friends and family are using Glide now ...

It sends message out to everyone IF YOU click accept or approve otherwise it won't do this.

So somehow you accidentally click to send everyone a message, my wife did the exact same thing and now she know not to do it anymore but still uses Glide for one on one video messaging.

By everyone do you mean everyone in your whole phone's contact list or just people you've added in Glide? I'd be afraid of signing up to use it if it sends out spam to everyone I know. I guess snapchat would work too .. if you can really get the point across fast

It sent my message out to everyone in my phone contacts who uses Glide, a lot of people......including one person I had forgotten was in my phone and wished I had deleted a long time ago... :eek2:

Back