hearing aids

MomofmanyKidlets

Reaction score
I returned my hearing aids and I am looking at more in-depth then I did before. I sort of know what I want but I am thinking everyone here may know some things I am not thinking of.

Using my cell phone for long periods ended up leaving my ear sore. So since I organize things for church and my kids there are a few days I am on the phone a lot. I was thinking an aid with blue tooth would help maybe?

I was thinking starky has a blue tooth but I also have trialed Liberty aids. Anyone have any brand suggestions ?

How much of a loss do you have? That would make a difference as to what would be suggested for you.

Phonak Naidas have bluetooth as well. I just got my phonak Naida Q50 UPs today and loving them.

I just talked to Costco hearing center and I have an appointment with them they have Phonic blue tooth 15chanel starting at 800 each.

My hearing has changed since my last test do to having Menieres I haven't had a test since I had this loss but they will do one for free. My last test I had mild to moderate loss.

Last I heard Starkey was still having some problems with their Surflink.

Surflink Mobile

I love the Surflink Mobile and use it every day. I've never had a problem. My wife love it too.

I use the streaming feature mostly to listen to an mp3/radio at work. I also like the directional microphone in restaurants with my wife. I set the Surflink on the table pointed at my wife, all the other sounds through the HAs get muted and my wife's voice comes in clearly.

I've used the phone feature a few times, but am not much of a phone user.

I also like the remote control function when out in public, or my wife does since she thinks I look awkward fumbling with my HA buttons trying to get the settings right. You can adjust the volume of one, or both aids. You can cycle through the programs and there is a 'home' button that sets the HAs to the power on default settings.

One drawback is that the Surflink come with a charging cable and a streaming cable, you can't do both. But you can buy a charge/stream cable on Amazon and eBay. It has to be a cable for the Surflink, not just any cable with the correct connections - I tried! But they are for sale.

Best of luck.

Phonak Nadias, with compilot. Got em, love em. Bluetooth works great with the phone, have the same problem with a sore ear when I have to use a non Bluetooth phone

I returned my hearing aids and I am looking at more in-depth then I did before. I sort of know what I want but I am thinking everyone here may know some things I am not thinking of.

Using my cell phone for long periods ended up leaving my ear sore. So since I organize things for church and my kids there are a few days I am on the phone a lot. I was thinking an aid with blue tooth would help maybe?

I was thinking starky has a blue tooth but I also have trialed Liberty aids. Anyone have any brand suggestions ?

I use Widex and with the Clear 440/Super 440 models, you get M Dex with that which allows you to have Bluetooth features. The M Dex is worn around your neck and when the call is made, the Bluetooth is activated and the sound goes straight to your ears. You speak into the M Dex and the you hear everything clearly without needing to wear anything extra - it's just from the Dex to your ears. It's a great feature - I can't hear on phones without it unless it has a really good speaker phone. TV Dex works the same way - it rocks.....

Laura

Back