AT&T DSL Customers

snallga

Reaction score
I got email regarding to upgrade to AT&T Uverse high speed internet last week. I had looked at these Uverse high speed internet plans. My current DSL plan is FastAccess DSL Extreme 6.0. So, I probably will get 12 mbps or 6 mbps on Uverse High Speed internet.

If AT&T will send me a letter warning of switching DSL to Uverse without my knowledge, I will must do it soon.

Is anyone ever experenciing about upgrade from DSL to Uverse?

Don't hesistant to comment here.

I got email regarding to upgrade to AT&T Uverse high speed internet last week. I had looked at these Uverse high speed internet plans. My current DSL plan is FastAccess DSL Extreme 6.0. So, I probably will get 12 mbps or 6 mbps on Uverse High Speed internet.

If AT&T will send me a letter warning of switching DSL to Uverse without my knowledge, I will must do it soon.

Is anyone ever experenciing about upgrade from DSL to Uverse?

Don't hesistant to comment here.

I have a friend who has Uverse, and it's pretty good, and she pays just $54/month for her services. Another friend who used to have it was paying slightly more, about $100 for various things.

I have a friend who has Uverse, and it's pretty good, and she pays just $54/month for her services. Another friend who used to have it was paying slightly more, about $100 for various things.

Is she having 6 mbps on Uverse high speed internet?

My friend had AT&T DSL 3.0 and upgraded to Uverse 6.0 and says it's fine. No problems. Uverse is supposed to be better than regular DSL.

My friend had AT&T DSL 3.0 and upgraded to Uverse 6.0 and says it's fine. No problems. Uverse is supposed to be better than regular DSL.

What is different that is supposed to be better than regular DSL?

We have Uverse about a year now total and no issues, we recently upgraded to the faster (better) package with more options (channels) Uverse is much faster than DSL as we had DSL before. Uverse is not ran through the standard phone lines (reason some areas still don't have Uverse )

and whoever said ATT will switch your DSL to Uverse... that wont happen, Uverse is an upgrade, you have to have completely different equipment.

Regular DSL is run through the telephone lines whereas Uverse is run through cables which makes it faster.

and those cables are dedicated, reason some areas still don't offer Uverse, it recently came through here about a year ago as the company installs the new lines.
We ordered it when Uverse first came out but we waited and waited, and finally called to ask why they never showed (that's when they informed us service wasn't available yet out here) so when it finally came through we jumped on the bandwagon... There is still areas around here that doesn't have it yet, but should soon.

When I moved from the city to the county in 2005 I had DSL in the city, but the county area still didn't have DSL service until 2007... just because the standard phone lines couldn't handle the traffic. Dial up sucked, and once you get uverse you will say DSL sucked...lol

and those cables are dedicated, reason some areas still don't offer Uverse, it recently came through here about a year ago as the company installs the new lines.
We ordered it when Uverse first came out but we waited and waited, and finally called to ask why they never showed (that's when they informed us service wasn't available yet out here) so when it finally came through we jumped on the bandwagon... There is still areas around here that doesn't have it yet, but should soon.

When I moved from the city to the county in 2005 I had DSL in the city, but the county area still didn't have DSL service until 2007... just because the standard phone lines couldn't handle the traffic. Dial up sucked, and once you get uverse you will say DSL sucked...lol

Yeah, my area does not have Uverse and been waiting. Gave up and switched to Comcast. Have been happier. Would never go back to DSL. I agree.

Doubt it would fit me better than the DSL, landline, antenna and MVNO combination that I have. All that I have seen in checking the net has it at least doubling in cost for just Uverse Internet after a year.

So far Uverse(upgraded) package deal with 4 cellphones (3 which are i5) high speed internet, wireless to all 6 TV's, 3 laptops 2 tablets, 1 ipad with security system ...unlimited.

and whoever said ATT will switch your DSL to Uverse... that wont happen, Uverse is an upgrade, you have to have completely different equipment.
They did switch me! I got an email from AT&T stating that they were switching my DSL over to Uverse for free for a year so I can experience the faster internet they had to offer. The email also said that If I didn't want Uverse was to do nothing and I would be switched back to DSL automatically.

I used my same DSL modem for both. At the end of the year free trail I was expecting to be downgraded back to my previous DSL but It wasn't. When I got my bill it shows Uverse internet with a higher price.

I called AT&T and complained about the switch without my prior authorization. I also mentioned about the email they had sent and the rep didn't know anything about it. They switched me back but said that they had a price increase and would not switch me back to my previous DSL price before the free trial. Also they charged me a service fee for switching back.

This really irked me so I called and cancelled my AT&T account and was told that by the end of this year everyone will be on Uverse. Now I'm on cable internet and use my cell phone.

That correct. I had chatted the rep about my unit. They said new unit has different state of art technology which it is fiber optic. My current Netgear 7550 won't work on U verse because of different technology.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

They did switch me! I got an email from AT&T stating that they were switching my DSL over to Uverse for free for a year so I can experience the faster internet they had to offer. The email also said that If I didn't want Uverse was to do nothing and I would be switched back to DSL automatically.

I used my same DSL modem for both. At the end of the year free trail I was expecting to be downgraded back to my previous DSL but It wasn't. When I got my bill it shows Uverse internet with a higher price.

I called AT&T and complained about the switch without my prior authorization. I also mentioned about the email they had sent and the rep didn't know anything about it. They switched me back but said that they had a price increase and would not switch me back to my previous DSL price before the free trial. Also they charged me a service fee for switching back.

This really irked me so I called and cancelled my AT&T account and was told that by the end of this year everyone will be on Uverse. Now I'm on cable internet and use my cell phone.

It not only you. I believe AT&T requires DSL customers upgrade to U verse in their on these letters or emails either. It sounds scary they will switch from DSL to Uverse without their knowledge unless DSL customers will do upgrade it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Turtley, someone got one over on you (either fine print or ?) because Uverse does not work with the regular DSL modems, you get what is exactly like a cable box/DVR system not the little dinky plug in phone jack thingy-majiggies....
ATT has not forced Uverse on anyone, you have to request/sign up for it, and technicians come to install the lines/equipment...yes, new lines are ran to and into your house (white cables) not the black cable wires or grey phone lines...
so if I were you Id file a complaint and request a refund. If you never had any service techs at your house then you have proof it was never installed.

You should have one of these open air designed (if upgraded to the faster 300mbps) its 12" square and about 1-1/2" thick, notice the thick white cable near the lower back, it is not flexible like a standard satellite cable, it is a lot more ridged.

Attachments

• Photo3803.jpg
    Photo3803.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 15
Back