What kind of computer you use?

• Apple Mac

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Windows PC.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
In addition to my Windows netbook and notebook, I also have two Android devices I'm using-- a ZTE Groove phone (Soon to be upgraded), and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 device. The ZTE phone does not have Chrome on it, but I do have a couple of different web browsers I can use on it :)

MacBook with Retina Display and iPad. And iPhone, of course, where I spend most my time when I should be grading papers. God bless smartphone browsers.

did you say grading papers? are you a tutor or a lecturerer??

Windows 7 (desktop) , Windows 8 (converter), Macbook Pro and iPad and finally..Ubuntu!!

Right now I'm on my HP laptop, and am making some upgrades to it. I've already added three web browsers, and my antivirus is currently installing, and later on this month I'll need to add Service Pack 2 and 3, plus some hardware so I can install a videophone and a webcam on here. Also am planning on installing VLC at some point, as well.

Gateway laptop. It is about two years old.

Mine is 5, and still going pretty strong. Hmm. Think I need to get Windows 7 for that one, too. Both the HP and Gateway laptops could use it. Only problem is the price.

Not sure if you can get Win 7 on a 5 year old CPU-- seems each version of Windows is a bigger memory hog than the last. My Dell is 5+ years old but the memory really stinks (256mb if you can believe it)- someday I may try to upgrade that to 2GB.

That's one reason why I haven't upgraded Creaky Dell from Win XP- not enough space (40GB) and barely enough memory.

Not sure if you can get Win 7 on a 5 year old CPU-- seems each version of Windows is a bigger memory hog than the last. My Dell is 5+ years old but the memory really stinks (256mb if you can believe it)- someday I may try to upgrade that to 2GB.

That's one reason why I haven't upgraded Creaky Dell from Win XP- not enough space (40GB) and barely enough memory.

Well, I'd need to see how much space is needed, but here's what I DO know-- the HP laptop should be able to handle it, but as for the Gateway, I'm not too sure, but it wouldn't hurt to try. At least I would know.

I've got a Toshiba Satellite i3. It's a couple of years old now, but it does the job. Only things I've had done to it are a memory upgrade, and a keyboard replacement.
I'd love a proper gaming laptop, like an Alienware machine, but I can't justify the cost....

I have Dell Inspiron 1545. I had upgraded CPU from 2.0 to 2.95 GB. In additional, I swapped mini PCIe wireless G to N card. I will consider to buy mini PCIe wireless AC card which it gets faster WIFI. My laptop is 5 years old.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I have Asrock 970 Extreme 4 mobo, 2.8ghz Semptron processor and 2gb ddr 3 ram. I just bought the board from Ebay along with cpu and memory for $74 (snicker :giggle: ) I got a best deal cuz guy who sold me mobo use it for Bitcoin Mining. That's why mobo have 3 PCIe graphic card slots for Algorithm . He took a really good care of mobo. The Bytecoin biz went down so he sold it cheap.

. Then I planned to upgrade it to AMD Vershia 4ghz 8 core processor and 16gb ddr 3 ram (My mobo allows up to 64gb but It's gonna be very expensive). I have Cool Master Storm Scout case I bought yesterday for $25 and it's in great shape but dusty. I just put together and now it's running. I have to buy new power supply cuz old 600watt PS just failed for some reason and I checked its fuse and it's fine. I may plan get 750w PS.. I still have old GeForce 9400 8x graphic card and runs great.

My son was drooling all over my system. He said it's an competitive Gaming system and wanted it so bad. I told him NO!! It's Mine and I paid for it!! :rofl: He think Daddy always get fancy stuff. I told him to buy his own system!! :lol:

Why I bought those fancy board, It's not because I want gaming, I wanted fast and powerful system so I don't have to upgrade for long while. Also I plan on running several Virtualbox or VMware same time which demands lot processing power.

I am running Win 7 and it's very zippy on internet. neato!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4141747793

My ISP is 30mpbs and some reason Mobo did great

Hee Hee :giggle:

Catty

Last edited:
Back