Last movie(s) you purchased?

kevinbellamy

Reaction score
Let's see what people are spending their money on...

- La Dolce Vita [Korean SE 2-Disc Set] Region 3 DVD
$10.95, original price: $29.95
*Early 60's Italian romance/drama. One of the most popular and influential films of all time. The film that contributed the term 'Paparazzi' to the World.
Story Premise:
Marcello Mastrioanni, Anouk Aimee and Anita Ekburg star in Fellini's masterpiece about a thrill seeking journalist in Rome at its most desirably decadent.

- Where The Sidewalk Ends Region 2 PAL DVD
$15.95, original price: $36.95
*Considered a classic of the Film Noir genre, the brand of violence shown in the film, "lurking below urban society", is an important Noir motif.
Story Premise:
Corrupt cop Mark Dixon pursues a gang leader with vindictive zeal and accidentally kills a murder suspect. His guilt deepens when he falls in love with the dead man's wife and her father, an innocent cab driver who finds himself accused of the murder.

- He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not... [Korean Version] Region All DVD
$4.95, original $19.95
* French drama/mystery
Story Premise:
Angelique is in love with a married doctor. She tries to make him leave his pregnant wife, but he soon seems to disappear. Then the movie is turned back and we follow the story from the doctor's viewpoint. Things look quite different then.

You can find trailers for the movies on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I haven't purchase that DVD movies lately.

I purchased one DVD movie "Goonies" on sale for $4 dollars at target store a few month ago.

If I buy another DVD movie, I will come back to post it. :)

Peace

The last DVD I purchased was the 7th season of Smallville. :)

The last DVD I purchased was the 7th season of Smallville. :)

I owned Seasons 1-4 on DVD
Kept up with the series through season 5 then just moved on to differnt TV shows.

Personally I think the High School years were the best.], I dunno what the show is like these days but I did see they introduced Doomsday as a human. Horrible idea!

I owned Seasons 1-4 on DVD
Kept up with the series through season 5 then just moved on to differnt TV shows.

Personally I think the High School years were the best.], I dunno what the show is like these days but I did see they introduced Doomsday as a human. Horrible idea!
Yeah. They were trying to introduce different characters from a dramatic point of view as well as a young point of view. They did the same for many other characters. They even developed their own way of introducing different colored Kryptonite. ;)

Remember, this is Superman without the suit... as well as everyone else. :)

the lastely I brought DVD is Curious Case of Ben Button. It's worth!

Goonies is def worth $4!

Yep, Worth for the price :D

$4.95, original $19.95
* French drama/mystery
Story Premise:
Angelique is in love with a married doctor. She tries to make him leave his pregnant wife, but he soon seems to disappear. Then the movie is turned back and we follow the story from the doctor's viewpoint. Things look quite different then.

That looks interesting to me, I will rent it first (To see if I like it or not) Thanks.

Yep, Worth for the price :D

$4.95, original $19.95
* French drama/mystery
Story Premise:

That looks interesting to me, I will rent it first (To see if I like it or not) Thanks.

I've watched it once before and it's most definitely worth $5. I'm familiar with French cinema so I knew the cast going into the movie. It's one of the reasons I decided to check it out. The movie features: Audrey Tautou (Amélie, A Very Long Engagement) and Samuel Le Bihan (The Brotherhood of The Wolf). The movie itself reminds me of The Apartment (another French film), and the US remake known as Wicker Park. So if you've seen either those films this is likely your cup of tea.

Just bought all these two weeks ago:

Supernatual season one - $20 dollars @ walmart

Supernatural Season two - $20 dollars @ walmart

Twilight Speical Edition 2 disc set - $8.00 @ DVD store

Madagascar 2 - 8.00 @ DVD store

30 Days of Night - 8.00 @ DVD store

American Wedding unrated - 4.00 @ pawnshop

Eragon - 4.00 @ pawnshop

Darkness Fall - 4.99 @ DVD store

Big Lots has a great selection of DVDS for $3
They also have previously viewed DVDS for $6
^^ The majority of previously viewed DVDS are newly released material. I picked up Juno, There Will Be Blood, 3:10 to Yuma. Be warned: When buying previously viewed movies, the actual disc may or may not be scratched. It really just depends.

I've spent a lot of money at Big Lots over the last few months. You can find some rare gems there and even OOP tittles that can be found only on ebay or Amazon.

cover.jpg

Mom and Dad Save the World. This film is pure craziness

I've watched it once before and it's most definitely worth $5. I'm familiar with French cinema so I knew the cast going into the movie. It's one of the reasons I decided to check it out. The movie features: Audrey Tautou (Amélie, A Very Long Engagement) and Samuel Le Bihan (The Brotherhood of The Wolf). The movie itself reminds me of The Apartment (another French film), and the US remake known as Wicker Park. So if you've seen either those films this is likely your cup of tea.

I haven't seen french movie "The Apartment", whose in it? Is it Jack Lemmon?.

I saw remake "Wicker Park" with Josh Hartnet, It was alright to me.

So, No scratch on DVD movie from Big Lots Store? I haven't tried to buy DVD movie at Big Lots Store. I buy DVD movie at Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart Store only when It's on Sale. I don't buy DVD online.

I haven't seen french movie "The Apartment", whose in it? Is it Jack Lemmon?.

I saw remake "Wicker Park" with Josh Hartnet, It was alright to me.

The Apartment features Monica Bellucci (Matrix) and Vincent Cassel (Brotherhood of The Wolf) The two are actually married in real life. Anyhow, I own both movies - Wicker Park and The Apartment. The similarities between the two are uncanny. There is no real major difference other then the endings.

So, No scratch on DVD movie from Big Lots Store? I haven't tried to buy DVD movie at Big Lots Store. I buy DVD movie at Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart Store only when It's on Sale. I don't buy DVD online.

I was looking through my previously viewed DVDS and out of like 8, only 2 are scratched and those are minor at best. Some are perfect with no defects.

I was looking through my previously viewed DVDS and out of like 8, only 2 are scratched and those are minor at best. Some are perfect with no defects.

Oh, okay...Thanks Kevin :)

I have like 15 or so DVD movies. I know not that many in my DVD stock. Well, I rent it online mostly. Who beats me????

Again, I will come back to post it if I buy another one

Peace

Only 15 DVDS in your collection?
Geez, Im a DVD fiend it seems.
I have no DVD-R's but only legit copies of all my stuff.
I own around 350 movies.
... Kinda sad, eh?

I own around 350 movies.
... Kinda sad, eh?

:shock: Wowie...Yeah

Yep 15 or so in my DVDs collection.

I own around 350 movies.
... Kinda sad, eh?
Only 350 DVDs?

With what I have, you don't have many. ;)

Back