Judge orders woman to walk 30 miles, the length of trip, for bailing on cab fare

rockin'robin

Reaction score
LAKE COUNTY, OH (WOIO) - In Lake County, Judge Michael A. Cicconetti is known for giving people a taste of their own medicine and Thursday's sentencing did not disappoint.
Creative Cicconetti is known for finding punishments that fit the crime more closely than you imagined and Friday Victoria Bascom began her journey to justice.

Prosecutors say Bascom called a cab to take her from Cleveland to Painesville. After arriving at her destination, she bailed without paying.

Bascom was found guilty so Judge Cicconetti gave her a sentence of her choice: either serve 60 days in the Lake County Jail or walk 30 miles within 48 hours. Why 30 miles? That is how far the taxi drove her.

Bascom chose the latter and began walking at the Lake County Fairgrounds Friday morning.

Bascom was also sentenced to four months probation and ordered to pay United Cab $100 in restitution.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29...me-local-woman-takes-the-long-road-to-justice

I like that Judge! I would vote for that judge if ever campaign here in my hometown.

whoa! 15 miles in a day? Gee! That's a lot for modern human beings.

Yeah, that is if your walking every day, shouldn't be a problem. But for those coach potatoes, I feel sorry for them.

Justice is Justice.

Really this evil doer, vile criminal, didnt get life?
Wow....
Its a start...

Pepper Spray or Prison: Another creative sentence from Judge Michael Cicconetti

PAINESVILLE, OH (WOIO) - A woman who pepper sprayed a Burger King worker faced a judge known for his unusual sentences on Thursday.
"It hurt. It burned. It stung. It was scary at first because I didn't think I was gonna get my eyesight back," said worker Frantz Rolles.

Painesville Judge Michael Cicconetti warned Diamond Gaston, who was charged with assault:

"You understand that this is a criminal offense, an assault. I could put you in jail for six months."

Known for his creative sentencing, he gave Gaston a choice of 30 days in prison, or get pepper sprayed like her victim.

"I'll allow Mr. Rolles to have his vengeance and that is to give you a shot of pepper spray," said Cicconetti.

Gaston chose 30 days.

The judge told her to think about it and after a moment, she chose pepper spray.

What Gaston didn't know was the pepper spray canister didn't contain pepper spray. It was filled with water, a canister police use to train how to use pepper spray.

Gaston acted surprised when she was sprayed, but not in any discomfort when the judge explained what it was.

"There's nothing in there. It's water."

"It scared me."

"Enough to teach you a lesson?"

"Yeah, lesson learned."

Because Gaston had a clean record and apologized, she will only do three days community work service.

Her victim was in on the scheme and wanted to use real pepper spray, but the judge declined.

"I wanted to do an eye for an eye. That's my thing. But he was fair and I like the way he did his decision making," said Rolles.

Decision making, once again, done the Cicconetti way.

For the record, the judge sprayed himself with the fake spray on two occasions to make sure it was safe to use.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29...nusual-sentence-from-judge-michael-cicconetti

Mm...should have been real pepper spray, but understandable it could lead to bad places...

Painesville is not far away from my old hometown...it is about 20 minutes away. :shock:

Back