What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of baby plants do you have? I tried growing veggies on my deck a few times and the ants made an aphid farm out of my plants ! It was a battle trying to kill the bugs using non toxic bugs sprays. We have all kind of ants here . YUCKY!

613499070074lg.jpg

I've played around with it and I hated it. It's only great for a simpleton :lol: that's just the way I see it

Hmmmmmm a "simpleton" haven't been called that before. First time for everything I guess.:giggle:

I've played around with it and I hated it. It's only great for a simpleton :lol: that's just the way I see it

She isn't a simpleton she's just blonde :naughty: :giggle:

114.gif

Do you like it so far?

My daughter spent the day with me and helped set up my Chromebook. I really, really love it. It does not get hot which was one of my concerns, you know with me being a simpleton and all.:giggle:

At this time, I would highly recommend it.

Not so much what I learned TODAY, but yesterday. Hubby and I thought one of our cats had kidney cancer. We'd been worrying about it for the past few weeks after an x-ray indicated we might be looking at cancer. We finally learned yesterday from an ultrasound (from a radiologist that was brought in from another vet) that it is not. A bunch of kidney stones is all it is. She has been bleeding consistently, so she has had 5 vet visits in the past month or so, so it was worrisome. It was feeling like deja-vu after our cat having end-stage cancer last year. Anxiety level way down today now! :)

Not so much what I learned TODAY, but yesterday. Hubby and I thought one of our cats had kidney cancer. We'd been worrying about it for the past few weeks after an x-ray indicated we might be looking at cancer. We finally learned yesterday from an ultrasound (from a radiologist that was brought in from another vet) that it is not. A bunch of kidney stones is all it is. She has been bleeding consistently, so she has had 5 vet visits in the past month or so, so it was worrisome. It was feeling like deja-vu after our cat having end-stage cancer last year. Anxiety level way down today now! :)

Phew, so glad to read it wasn't cancer! Do you have vet insurance? Hope so, or the vet bills must be through the roof.

Phew, so glad to read it wasn't cancer! Do you have vet insurance? Hope so, or the vet bills must be through the roof.

Thanks! We're glad too it wasn't cancer.

No, we don't have vet insurance. We have spent a fortune in the past year or so, yes, it's been rather expensive. But I am happy because it could have been far worse. Our vet has been eliminating the office visit fees and such. We're only paying on ultrasounds, xrays, meds, etc.

The price we pay for loving our (fur)kids. :) (We have 4 cats, 2 dogs.)

I learned today that my dog needs a surgery immediately. It is going to cost me between $600-$800 for surgery. He has a huge tumor on his gum.

Does she require a surgery to remove the kidney stones?

Does she require a surgery to remove the kidney stones?

At this point, they're recommending to leave this alone unless the bleeding gets worse. The way they explained this to us, it's different for cats than humans. They think it's unlikely the stones will get worse, and they also feel they're not causing pain. I'm not sure I'm convinced on the pain part, but time will tell. We will be watching over this. She has over-licked her belly fur for weeks now (to the point there is no fur left on her belly) which is a sign of distress or pain, so I'm not quite sure what to think. That may have been from the bladder infection, though, which is finally gone after 3 rounds of antibiotics.

learned that I need to prepare myself just reading AlleyCat and SilverRoxy said about the costs associated with vet fees. We have two dogs now so should I invest in pet insurance?

learned that I need to prepare myself just reading AlleyCat and SilverRoxy said about the costs associated with vet fees. We have two dogs now so should I invest in pet insurance?

I think that's more a decision made with what flexibility you have in your bank accounts. You could spend a lot in one year, and then nothing for 5 years, for example. So those 4 years will feel wasted of paying pet insurance. The age of your new dogs and the cat may make a difference, and a lot isn't covered anyway. So I've never bought any pet insurance.

I think that's more a decision made with what flexibility you have in your bank accounts. You could spend a lot in one year, and then nothing for 5 years, for example. So those 4 years will feel wasted of paying pet insurance. The age of your new dogs and the cat may make a difference, and a lot isn't covered anyway. So I've never bought any pet insurance.

I've never had pet insurance. I do have a CareCredit card (originally got it to pay for my HAs). I use the CareCredit card for the rare times I take my cats to the vet. I'll be using it Monday to pay for my kitty's lion cut at a nearby vet's office (my vet does not offer grooming). CareCredidt offeres deferred interest, so if you pay off the balance within the given time frame (it varies - I think the provider picks the time frames) you pay no interest. If you don't pay it off in time, the interest that accrued will be charged in addition to the continuation of interest charges till it is paid off.

I've seen those CareCredit cards. That sounds like a very good idea for situations just like we've been talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back