How to remove Greatsavings virus?

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend recently got the Greatsavings virus on the computer. I've seen the solutions on-line but they are lengthy and complicated to relay to another person.

Has anyone here had any personal experience with this virus that might suggest the best route to take?

Especially, anyone use Kaspersky in the process?

For reference:

http://removevirusmalware.com/how-to-get-rid-of-greatsaving-8-3-ads.html

I can't help with that particular virus never heard of it, but have used Kaspersky a couple times before it worked well.

There it's another one called Superfish that Lenovo put on their computers. Both companies are facing multiple lawsuits over this. Lenovo had instructions out on how to remove it if you own a Lenovo computer.

Just download Malwarebytes (free) from non-infected computer and boot infected computer in Safe Mode to run the scan so remove all malware that detected in scan.

I recommended to use Bitdefender because it is best anti-virus that detect most of malware.

Get Microsoft Security Essentials. It is safe and flawless.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

microsoft security essential ain't exactly Essential.....it suck. bitdefend is best protects against known and unknown malware without slowing computer speed but there is no internet security software that beats Kaspersky at protection, performance and usability. Kaspersky have webcam protections.

I don't think it kinda difficult if yall be impatient and follow instruction.

MS doesn't recommended that anymore.

No surprise. I am unaware of MSE was track any virus on the computer. I have MSE on my computer. Maybe, I will find best antivirus software later.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I can't help with that particular virus never heard of it, but have used Kaspersky a couple times before it worked well.

Friend says that Kaspersky didn't remove this virus.

I don't think it kinda difficult if yall be impatient and follow instruction.
I'm guessing you meant patient and not impatient.

It can be difficult for people who are not computer savvy or only know the surface of getting around the computer. Most people would run screaming from the registry portion (which is why there are many good automated removal programs- problem is you have to wait a bit for them to be rolled out lol).

Reba- dunno--:dunno: if he has access to another computer maybe he can download and put on a USB drive? The only other alternative I can think of is restart the PC in safe mode WITH internet (I've seen that option on at least one of my devices).

. . .
It can be difficult for people who are not computer savvy or only know the surface of getting around the computer. Most people would run screaming from the registry portion (which is why there are many good automated removal programs- problem is you have to wait a bit for them to be rolled out lol).

Reba- dunno--:dunno: if he has access to another computer maybe he can download and put on a USB drive? The only other alternative I can think of is restart the PC in safe mode WITH internet (I've seen that option on at least one of my devices).
That's the problem. Person is not computer savvy and doesn't have a second computer. :(

I'm guessing you meant patient and not impatient.

i mean not impatient. i was typing so fast and reckless thru my phone. well thank for correction.

Yo friend can't taking his computer to Geek Squad from Best Buy?

Geek Squad? Ugh!!!

Support locally IT technicians so don't take to corporate-owned store like Geek Squad.

Yo friend can't taking his computer to Geek Squad from Best Buy?
I don't know if that's available. I can't get in touch because friend is now off-line because of problem. :(

Install a bad savings virus they'll cancel each other out

Back