Build a $5 phone charger for bicycle trips

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
From Instructables:

$5 Bicycle Cell Phone Charger (Wind Turbine with build in Battery)

I go very often to cycle in the nature where is no electricity, and during a long bike tour my phone usually discharges. These smartphones have a large capacity bit its consumption is big too. I made a few weeks ago another bike turbine for the Bicycle Contest, but I think I can make a better one. So created an all in one wind turbine power bank.

I like to combine cycling with electronics (these are my favorite hobbies) so that's why I create so much bike gadgets now for the Bike Contest.

This project requires basic soldering experience and some patience.

The price of a device like this is very high on the ebay, 112 bucks!!! Click here if you want to see. OK, my one can't light and isn't so smart but this price is ultrahigh.

The gadget was made from scrap parts and from very cheap circuit parts.

Make a phone charger for your bicycle

My problem is that I will be on a horsie......:lol: now, to figure out a way to hook up some cheap contraption that has a rubber hose to insert into the horse's mouth and get all my iPhone bells and whistles to work via this methane production...hehe

My problem is that I will be on a horsie......:lol: now, to figure out a way to hook up some cheap contraption that has a rubber hose to insert into the horse's mouth and get all my iPhone bells and whistles to work via this methane production...hehe
Tousi, you're a farm boy, so you should know--it won't work because you're putting the hose into the wrong end for methane. :lol:

Tousi, you're a farm boy, so you should know--it won't work because you're putting the hose into the wrong end for methane. :lol:

:lol: I'm pretty sure the fact is that there's methane production going on at both ends, just not sure which produces more.....:giggle: or was that just for cows???

Back