ugh okay so i need some advice..

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
Okay, so I had a crush on my childhood friend for awhile, and I stopped having an interest in him like last week. And I'm not really interested in a relationship. But since last night, He and I were texting and he tells me not to freak out and then he asked me to be his girlfriend. And I told him that i don't know if i want to at all because of my busy schedule with band and school and my family issues, he says he won't text me all the time, then I go i don't like the crazy flirting and going crazy on the i love yous. and he goes well i won't do that. And then he just kept pushing and pushing on me and i ended up saying yes to him.

Then when I woke up this morning, I felt a mixture of weird, awkward, and a situation where you shouldn't be in it kind of thing and I realized that he and I live like far away and I just had to end the relationship. Then my friend texts me: Why did the hell you break up with him? and I didn't text her back at all because she doesn't understand how I feel about being in a relationship. And I'm honestly not interested in being in a relationship. He has texted me about oh idk 4 times today after telling him that I couldn't do it and i kept telling him stop, i can't do this. And he hasn't texted me until about 5 minutes ago and I haven't replied back, I just turned off my phone because I feel like for some reason i feel claustrophobic about it.

And I can't talk to my parents about it because they're always pushing me about having a boyfriend and stuff. They kept telling me to date the guy that i am talking to you about now because he's my childhood friend and all. And I know that he's going to be texting me all night long until i turn on my phone and I get 7 unread text messages from him. The more he does this the more i'm going to feel awkward. I just want to do what I want to do that keeps me happy and not what other people wants me to do. And I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight because of all this stupid drama and stuff. I feel like i have so much on my shoulders and I just had to end the relationship because I can't have it distracting me. Ugh. i need some advice.

you don't need any advice. you've already answered your own question.
I just want to do what I want to do that keeps me happy and not what other people wants me to do.

I feel like i have so much on my shoulders and I just had to end the relationship because I can't have it distracting me.

problem solved!

you don't need any advice. you've already answered your own question.

problem solved!

But what about my friends like getting all mad at me about ending the relationship that only lasted for about 12 hours? Like i kept telling her that we live far apart and we're so busy and that I can't really do it. And then she says that her and her ex boyfriend lasted for awhile and to give it a chance but to me i just couldn't because i felt claustrophobic in the relationship. And then she keeps saying to not complain and not to go all upset if i miss him again because it's making her mad? i mean i don't really do that. And I talked to my other friend and she says to don't talk to him if i don't want to. And then all of my deaf friends says i wasted his time. And I mean its just bothering me pretty bad.

But what about my friends like getting all mad at me about ending the relationship that only lasted for about 12 hours? Like i kept telling her that we live far apart and we're so busy and that I can't really do it. And then she says that her and her ex boyfriend lasted for awhile and to give it a chance but to me i just couldn't because i felt claustrophobic in the relationship. And then she keeps saying to not complain and not to go all upset if i miss him again because it's making her mad? i mean i don't really do that. And I talked to my other friend and she says to don't talk to him if i don't want to. And then all of my deaf friends says i wasted his time. And I mean its just bothering me pretty bad.

same answer in post #2.

and tell your friend - "why don't you date him then?" :)

same answer in post #2.

and tell your friend - "why don't you date him then?" :)

haha thanks. I think i'm just perfectly fine with friends and family who loves me. and everytime I say that i can't have it distracting me and i want to do what I want to do they keep making up excuses.

Rule number one: anytime you feel claustrophobic with a guy, that is NOT the guy for you.

Closely related rule number two: any guy who does not take "NO" for an answer is also not the guy for you.

I think it's kinda sucky that your friend is getting after you. I'd say just, explain that you weren't ready and you don't know exactly how you feel, and you can't handle it, and that's that. It's what I would do. And what Beach girl said is good advice, claustrophobia and a refusal to take "No" for an answer isn't healthy in a relationship.

If she was really your friend, she wouldn't be pressing the issue. Sure she can question and wonder why all she wants, but if shes YOUR friend, then she should respect that you don't want a relationship. If she wants to get mad over it than honestly, would you want a pushy friend like that? She should be there for you.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

12 hours = a relationship?

You've got to be kidding! :lol:

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

12 hours = a relationship?

You've got to be kidding! :lol:

ha yeahh he asked me to be his girlfriend about midnight on the 18th, and I woke up at noon and ended up breaking up with him close till 1. because i just couldn't do this relationship. everybody kept telling me to try it out a little bit longer but I just couldn't. I'm guessing the term for clausterphobic would be the better term of how I feel about it. you know like backing out of the relationship ASAP.

hard to emotion tough not easy because rough I understand complication! that is very not easy! if suppose pretty not easy! I think so relationship!

The only opinions that matter about your relationships and your life, in the end, are the ones from the person who will be living with it (YOU!). Parents, friends, and even he can suggest something for you...but ultimately your choice is your say and should be respected.

Don't worry about what people tell you to do, they have their own lives to live and make mistakes in and worry about. The only thing that should be a given is the support you give to them and them to you for choices made in life.

Post #2, case closed.

And thank goodness it was only 7 text messages. I've had one that would email/text nonstop for hours.........

Rule number one: anytime you feel claustrophobic with a guy, that is NOT the guy for you.

Closely related rule number two: any guy who does not take "NO" for an answer is also not the guy for you.

Agreed with you. Anybody who keep you on a short leash is not good for you!

Agreed with anyone. You have not been in college yet. Plenty of times for you to focus school that comes first rather than having a boyfriend.

I've a successful relationship with my girlfriend because we understand that we don't need to be texting 24/7 every day. A smart person, boyfriend or not, will not text 24/7. Why would anyone want to text 24/7 anyway? Get a life!!

My girlfriend and I text every day!! It works fine because we don't text 24/7.

Girl! If he continues to bother you and text you then it is time to be stern with him and tell him to STOP texting you or you will report him for harrassment. Hate to say it but it seems like he will not leave you alone otherwise. Just tell your friends you do not want him and it is your choice.

Girl! If he continues to bother you and text you then it is time to be stern with him and tell him to STOP texting you or you will report him for harrassment. Hate to say it but it seems like he will not leave you alone otherwise. Just tell your friends you do not want him and it is your choice.

well so far he only texted me 1 time last night and 1 time today. I have not texted him back. I only texted my close friends from the band and a band staff asking me to take someone from our section to his lesson since he has no ride. I also haven't talked to my friend who has gave me bullcrap stuff about the "why did the hell you break up with him?" thing.

It won't be long before it blows over. Just hang on and stick to your guns.

Back