Tinnitus and HAs

artr

Reaction score
:hmm: I have severe tinnitus and it's gotten louder in the last two months. Because of my tinnitus, I seem to have trouble finding a happy medium with my HA volume. I've had my HAs since February this year, so still adjusting.

Have any other HOHs had a similar problem between tinnitus and HAs volume?

Last edited:
Hi,
Yeah, I had some problems and still have from time to time. So most of the time I just use one HA if I use one at all..
But what really helped was when the settings on my HAs were changed and I have the widest spectrum of turning the volume up an down.
If I'm overworked or something it gets really bad, so I started to not wear my HAs more and more.
Can't give you an advice what will work for you, but yes, I have experienced something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

When I have my HA's in my tinnitus is very much reduced or gone all together.

Thanks, Latascha and seb! I wasn't necessarily looking for advice, but I do appreciate your replies. I needed to make sure that I wasn't going crazy and that others had similar experiences.

My HAs used to help in reducing the tinnitus, but now my tinnitus is so bad that it's sort of an issue with my HAs. It just takes something really good to distract me from my tinnitus.

Again, thanks!

have you read about AU00063 IT DRUG coming on market hopefully soon looks like may work,trials look good

No I haven't, but all that I just read is dated back in 2014.

Thanks for the link, Laura!

I received Widex RIC hearing aids this past February and I believe the model is the 4400. They have two programs aside from the Master program - Zen and Zen2. They do help with my tinnitus. In master mode is where I'm having the problem trying to find a volume level with my chronic 24/7 tinnitus. It may be a matter of eventually "getting use to it," if that's possible. Maybe it's just too early since I've only had my HAs for a short period of time.

Funny to stumble upon this post again. The last 8 days I've spent at home, the kids were sick. Now that I think of it, no Tinnitus the hole time, but no HAs either. Let's see how things are tonight ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Latascha,

The HAs use to help with my chronic tinnitus (24/7) and I'm suppose to avoid loud noisy places or it gets much louder. So if I don't wear my HAs, it's worse. Right now it's so loud in my right ear it kind of overpowers the HA. At least I haven't lost my mind yet.

Latascha,

The HAs use to help with my chronic tinnitus (24/7) and I'm suppose to avoid loud noisy places or it gets much louder. So if I don't wear my HAs, it's worse. Right now it's so loud in my right ear it kind of overpowers the HA. At least I haven't lost my mind yet.

A little off topic here, but I have horrible, horrible tinnitus. I have one CI and that ear is quiet. My non implanted, deaf ear has the tinnitus. I'm going bi-lateral July 15th, praying it helps with the tinnitus. I'm like you, my tinnitus is so loud it drowns out most of the hearing my CI provides. Trying to sleep at night with the tinnitus just does not happen.

I hope you get some relief soon. I'm fine with being deaf, it's the tinnitus that drives me crazy. I'm hoping for total silence. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Me too

I have Tinnitis that ebbs and flows like the ocean water. Sometimes it is soft and sometimes loud. My ear guy taught me to gently rub an external place on my ear to calm it when the Tinnitis is annoying. I also use background noise such as news on tv to distract me from focusing on the Tinnitis.

I have low vision. I have poor hearing that is aggravated with Tinnitis and Recruitment. I wear aids, too. I was fully sighted to age 65 when I started noticing a change. The slide has been somewhat rapid. I am very fortunate to have an ear guy that listens to me whine while he patiently explains why it will not get any better. I do not hear better when I leave but I feel better about my non-hearing future.

linicx,

Thank you and welcome to alldeaf! On top of everything else, I too am having vision problems, so I can empathize with you.

I just got new HA's a couple days ago. I haven't had any in a long time. I find I do notice my Tinnitus as much when I have had them in.

I just got new HA's a couple days ago. I haven't had any in a long time. I find I do notice my Tinnitus as much when I have had them in.

:applause: That's great! I don't know how bad your tinnitus is, but your HAs will hopefully calm down the tinnitus.

Back