Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's point of view on the Confederate Rebel Flag

American Civil War is the most studied history. Discuss and please do not post hateful or bashing comments I will report to the moderators to remove them.

Thank you

my opnion only i would asked my dad about it he is civil war history buff but he wasn't home oh well

i vote a symbol of heritage it is only my guess smile

I grew up in the Southwest with a very limited understanding of the Deep South. From my exposure to this particular flag through the media, it always represented racism. I would get imagines of skinheads or rednecks waving them to beat up black people. Now, that I have moved to the East and have more exposure to it and realized that I recieved the wrong message about it. I would see it as a Symbol of Heritage if used for the right reasons. If used to flaunt white power then I would see it as Racism.

Voted Symbol of Heritage..

I have nothing against the Confederate flag. I hate it when people assume it's a KKK flag or racist. :(

I voted symbol of heritage which what it really means even though some incorporated as racism.

I voted A Symbol of Heritage - it's shows a Civil War tradition. It is the most studied histories of America. I've read many histories of Civil War and become more fascinated especially how Lincoln guided his country through the most difficult times. The war between the North and the South, Brothers vs Brothers.. which is a saddening at that times which families being torn apart by the war. I'd vote as Civil War History but I went ahead and vote Heritage not only because of generations but tradition itself how Americans fought valiantly during the 4 years war. General Lee is one of the most respected soldier who fought for the Confederate so brilliantly but his mistake at the Battle of Gettysburg cost him the war as it was turning point for the Union's favor.

I also want to note that I just learned that my stepdad is the very distant cousin of General Lee.

It's symbol of Heritage, also it's use for redneck people at present time.

I made a little mistake... I picked "A symbol of Civil War History" but should have picked "A symbol of Heritage" instead.

Pacman, what do you mean by this "it's use for redneck people at present time"?

I love confederate flags, but problem is they misuse them as a racist, which is not so. It is either history of civil war or heritage. I would say both of them.

I thought of Confederate as once it was a nation.

Not for the Union.

I voted "A symbol of Heritage."

Some schools in southern states banned them...including my old high school. When I drew the confederate flag on the board. My old teacher told me to erase it ASAP. :roll: This is Texas, come on!

I made a little mistake... I picked "A symbol of Civil War History" but should have picked "A symbol of Heritage" instead.

Pacman, what do you mean by this "it's use for redneck people at present time"?

Well, when time is change then this flag is popular for redneck people now, also it can be considered to be racist because this flag is just activity against on black people and long story when happen in 1800's.

Not for the Union.

I voted "A symbol of Heritage."

Some schools in southern states banned them...including my old high school. When I drew the confederate flag on the board. My old teacher told me to erase it ASAP. :roll: This is Texas, come on!

Hate to tell.. Sam Houston don't support Confederate.

I voted 'Symbol of Racism'.......it also carries heritage and war connotations.
But in this day and age I most often see it waved and expressed by racist types. Or types use it as symbol of rebellion. Well pick a new rebellion sybol cuz it will always be
the sybol of racism.
The war was about racism....and it's heritage is about racism.

But in this day and age I most often see it waved and expressed by racist types. Or types use it as symbol of rebellion. Well pick a new rebellion sybol cuz it will always be
the sybol of racism.

Are you Democrat? If so, Confederate was Democrat. :)

the sybol of racism.

The war wasn't about racism. It was over about slave and government.

Slavery is racist.....come on....get real.
as far as southern democrat party....that was then and this is now.
In this day and age republican party more aligned with racism than democrat party. Blacks by far vote democrat and have for decades.
That's just a political spin on the irrelevant. And how and why did you even enter politics into this?
I realize racism was not in poll but "other" was an option and am only discussing my opinion on it.
I think racism should have been an obvious poll choice. To leave it out was trying to deny it.

Back