hate the car - what to do? bank loaned

Jabberwocky

Reaction score
OKay

heres the situation.

HATE MY CAR. ITS POS! worst SUV i've ever owned. its a JEEP- wrangler its a 2x4 and drives like crap. Already RUST on it and its only a 2010

I owe 7k left on it, its worth 10k private party value with 90k miles now

Hate the car with passion, i've put all of my money on fixing the dang car as soon warranty ran out. Its wringing my life savings out of me just to keep it running and it doesnt even run smooth like it used to. DAMN wheel package somehow got messed up, I've already replaced 4 ball joints in front of it, IDK what else to do if I didnt have car repair bills it'll be paid off by now :eek3:

I've been getting "offers" from car dealers to buy my car outright but I know its BS

I really am tired of paying high prices for a SUV thats only a 2x4, its ridicilous that oil places charge me for truck price when its a freaking 2x4 milk cartoon engine!

Insurance prems are high because its a jeep! I dont drive it off the road, thankyouverymuch

THe problem is- I swore off loans forever, truly hate hate hate this car and want it to get stolen so I dont got to deal with it no more but need either a car or a truck a true truck thats the same value and less miles- hey someone can dream can't they?

my option is to

A) sell it to the dealership get half of what it is worth (yeah dealership are pigs) and pay off the balance of the loan.

b) trade it in and get less than private party value and get stuck with another car loan I need wheels for a job and have not set my sights on a car yet that I truly liked that wont cost a pretty penny. (I'm partial to cadillacs but whoa they cost money) then double my loan

c) sell it to private party but then I gotta deal with returns and complaints that its dang a POS and get it back.

is there an option that I've overlooked here? I am at the end of the rope with this car and am ready to ask someone to steal it and crash it off a bridge or something lol so its not someone elses problem. lol

You could ask around for the trade of the cars with equal value if the vehicle you're looking for is in good running condition?

I don't know about the loan restrictions the bank have regarding if you can sell or trade. I know it's not fun going thru the repairs and higher insurance premiums... hope it works out for you.... good luck! :)

you can always park it at ghetto area and just whistle your way out... :whistle:

I wouldn't be surprised if DHB comes wandering in this thread and talk about his jeep experiences :io:

Someone posted we should not use the word 'hate' as it's too strong a word. So be careful you might hurt your car's feeling. :giggle:

Someone posted we should not use the word 'hate' as it's too strong a word. So be careful you might hurt your car's feeling. :giggle:

:ty: youre right,

dislike..... i dont wanna jinx the car any further than its already been jinxed.

Calvin- the car dealers around Chicago want to be ahead in the profit market. They actually wanted me to take out double the loan of what the car is worth and then said will reduce once the bank gives them the loan.

its numbers game I dont agree with or am comfortable with

I owe 7k on that blasted cursed car.

Might as well follow Jiros advice drop off the car with the key inside and see how fast it goes poof.

I'll just keep on making the payments as well double my car payments when no repairs are to be made then save up more money n buy a 500 dollar beater and sell the jeep it to the dealer outright n drive the beater until get another car/truck.... thanks people!

:ty: youre right,

dislike..... i dont wanna jinx the car any further than its already been jinxed.

Calvin- the car dealers around Chicago want to be ahead in the profit market. They actually wanted me to take out double the loan of what the car is worth and then said will reduce once the bank gives them the loan.

its numbers game I dont agree with or am comfortable with

I owe 7k on that blasted cursed car.

Might as well follow Jiros advice drop off the car with the key inside and see how fast it goes poof.

I'll just keep on making the payments as well double my car payments when no repairs are to be made then save up more money n buy a 500 dollar beater and sell the jeep it to the dealer outright n drive the beater until get another car/truck.... thanks people!
Do your research in beneifiting an better car and test drive them.

Without the title, guess you're screwed! How about this - fix it up to a decent level, then get a clear title that you can simply sign over the outstanding loan to someone willing to take over? You need your lender to agree to the change-over.

I am former owner, read the red sentence of yours, your BS! them is no BS! That Jeep you have on your hand is one of vehicles that holds value the best, only problem is, yours is 2 wheel drive and that hurts.

Want trade my situation? Mine is far worse than you.

Really, owning car is one of worst investment anyone can make. Nobody really gain profit from owning a vehicle.

So I would suggest option B, while pursuit option b, outline what you need out of a vehicle, then go on research vehicles that is known to be very reliable, best is 4 years old, 5 or 6 years old is good still, that way, you can look back at reviews and ratings.

There are no way you can go for option A or Option C because you might owe more than what its worth, in that case, only dealer trade would be accepted and you MIGHT have to pay down payment, depend on LTV (Loan To Value). Bank will not release the lien until the debt is paid in full first.

For myself I am eyeing on 2014 Jeep Cherokee, but problem is it is their first model year and I am not sure and wanted wait.

Don't lose your head, it is not worth it, it is only car, and everybody losing money on em anyway.
I have no idea what you need and if you give me an idea what you like and I MIGHT give you answer.

And yes I used to own Jeep Wrangler and yes it rust badly and I got sizable trade offer and couldn't turn down and it was my mistake! I thought I will have to deal with tranny problem on Jeep only to find out I have serious engine problem on the one I traded with. I didn't know about their engine design flaw until about two years after I bought it. . Now, I own the one that is know to last forever, knocking on wood!

I've been getting "offers" from car dealers to buy my car outright but I know its BS

my option is to

A) sell it to the dealership get half of what it is worth (yeah dealership are pigs) and pay off the balance of the loan.

b) trade it in and get less than private party value and get stuck with another car loan I need wheels for a job and have not set my sights on a car yet that I truly liked that wont cost a pretty penny. (I'm partial to cadillacs but whoa they cost money) then double my loan

c) sell it to private party but then I gotta deal with returns and complaints that its dang a POS and get it back.

is there an option that I've overlooked here? I am at the end of the rope with this car and am ready to ask someone to steal it and crash it off a bridge or something lol so its not someone elses problem. lol

Last edited:
Be warned, in your situation even though I recommended B as only if you want get rid of your Jeep, no option is best really. That is because you are actually giving opportunity to dive yourself into what is known as "Shark loan", in other word "Toxic loan". You are actually paying at higher interest rate, and the value you got for other trade is pretty much "low-balling", like you are paying $5,000 for a Yugo.

Having extra say 5 grand cash on hand WILL help a lot and making it easier for you to trade with, that is something I forgot about.

Alternatives might be to contact your loan company and ask them if there is any way out of this since the Jeep is so bad or contact your state government to see if they have a "lemon law" on the books.

There is also a arbitrator listed in most owner's manuals. My Jeep has it. It is a 3rd party to negotiate between the owner and the manufacturer.

I am former owner, read the red sentence of yours, your BS! them is no BS! That Jeep you have on your hand is one of vehicles that holds value the best, only problem is, yours is 2 wheel drive and that hurts.

Want trade my situation? Mine is far worse than you.

Really, owning car is one of worst investment anyone can make. Nobody really gain profit from owning a vehicle.

So I would suggest option B, while pursuit option b, outline what you need out of a vehicle, then go on research vehicles that is known to be very reliable, best is 4 years old, 5 or 6 years old is good still, that way, you can look back at reviews and ratings.

There are no way you can go for option A or Option B because you might owe more than what its worth, in that case, only dealer trade would be accepted and you MIGHT have to pay down payment, depend on LTV (Loan To Value). Bank will not release the lien until the debt is paid in full first.

For myself I am eyeing on 2014 Jeep Cherokee, but problem is it is their first model year and I am not sure and wanted wait.

Don't lose your head, it is not worth it, it is only car, and everybody losing money on em anyway.
I have no idea what you need and if you give me an idea what you like and I MIGHT give you answer.

And yes I used to own Jeep Wrangler and yes it rust badly and I got sizable trade offer and couldn't turn down and it was my mistake! I thought I will have to deal with tranny problem on Jeep only to find out I have serious engine problem on the one I traded with. I didn't know about their engine design flaw until about two years after I bought it. . Now, I own the one that is know to last forever, knocking on wood!

your right not lose my head, aint worth it.

I miss my chevy! Maybe I'll just get the same year same model SUV and feed it gas everyday like a gas piggy the old one was and wash my hands alltogether of Jeeps in general- agreed they're rust buckets. Oh boy.

Have some coffee... Calm down and throw jeep in ocean. All is good.

Not all Jeep are bad, just that this particular year you have. It is not like real Jeep anymore. It is pretty much cosmetically. Old School is best.

The problem lies on EPA, they wanted to make all vehicle a gas sipping, meaning cut down weight, cut down the size, cut down everything including the quality and what you get left is shitty cosmetically friendly.

I had great experience with Jeep, best is XJ as Cherokee, for 12 years, never gave me headache. Only was in repair shop twice in just 12 years!

Today cars, I am not too sure because of all BS technology in it meaning no more weekend mechanic for average Joe anymore.

I ended up traded with my Excursion that comes in with legendary 7.3L, they are known to be trouble free for over half million miles, and is fairly easy to work on. I am not suggesting you to get Diesel, because they are still expensive to maintain. I am going to do oil change on my excursion very soon, and self service cost me 90 dollars for everything I needed! That includes 15 whopping quarts of oil. If I need to change coolant, it will be whopping 30 quarts of coolant.

Why I choose Excursion? Simply because of its sheer size, perfect to have family PLUS friends to have fun on the trip. I have two other cars for local driving and light need transportation. There are NO other SUV though mass production bigger than mine. 1999 to 2001 is the largest ever built, 2001.5 to 2006 only half inch less width.

MPG? Well, if you opt for V-10, you can't afford! 8-10MPG, 5.4L Trinitron V-8 with 8 spark plugs, you'd lucky get 15 MPH on highway, 7.3L with no spark plugs can get up to 23MPG on highway.

Last thing to keep in mind if you got vehicle that is famous for 4x4, don't buy 2 wheel drive as it will kill value faster and harder to sell. Jeep Wrangler only 2 wheel drive? It is an insult to its own model.

your right not lose my head, aint worth it.

I miss my chevy! Maybe I'll just get the same year same model SUV and feed it gas everyday like a gas piggy the old one was and wash my hands alltogether of Jeeps in general- agreed they're rust buckets. Oh boy.

This summer, anyone living near me want go down OBX and have fun, I have two seats left! Out of 14 available seats. We are driving two super duty (Excursion is part of super duty) and you got kids between 4 and 14 years old, your welcome join and have fun. I love to have family and friends together.

Last thing to keep in mind if you got vehicle that is famous for 4x4, don't buy 2 wheel drive as it will kill value faster and harder to sell. Jeep Wrangler only 2 wheel drive? It is an insult to its own model.

my thought exactly :laugh2:

yea why even buy an SUV with 2x4? just get a car!

Seriously? It will NOT change space for passenger at all. Do you have any idea who got the idea of 4 wheel drive? And who helped end World War II? It is JEEP! (Originally by Willy Overland, in Butler, PA) It is about legendary. Only very few models has legendary and only idiots would mess up the concept of legendary.
Another good example VW beetle, we all have known these beetles having an engine in back of car instead of front. Today new beetle has engine in front, does not really appeal to American buyers much, just messed up legendary. .

Anyway, my point is I think OP got decent deal out of $7,000 offer for trade.

Maybe space for passengers.

The real reason I traded my Jeep wrangler off back then is that I realize it is NOT well suitable for family. I am family guy, that was one of two reason, secondly I have the feeling that tranny would go bad. So I sold it and was shocked to get more than I expected. That is because it is sport edition and I leave everything as it was built for, including 4x4.

Now if I really want a Jeep again, it will be CJ5 or CJ7

Old school best.

2x4 cuz city not need 4x4 but regret it alot. But 2x4 sell out faster cuz less gas sippers vs 4x4 models in city that why

Back