Cleveland police officer shoots 12-year-old boy carrying BB gun

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cleveland police officer shoots 12-year-old boy carrying BB gun.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/12-year-old_boy_shot_by_clevel.html#incart_m-rpt-1

cleveland-police-officer-shoots-12-year-old-boy-04600e4e02eb25eb.jpg

:(

"The officer fired twice at the boy, hitting him in the stomach at least once."
So the cop fired two shots and hit the boy only once , that second shot could of killed someone else . We're only hearing one side of this story b/c the kid is dead and I sure not going believe everything a cop said.
How did a cop ankle get hurt in the place , he did shot himself by mistake ?

Why cops are allowed to kill innocent people and not go to court and face a judge? But when people like Eric Frein who kills a cop they get a trip to court and face the judge. Why is that? This is why Ferguson is going to explode if Darren Wilson doesn't go to prison.

Why cops are allowed to kill innocent people and not go to court and face a judge? But when people like Eric Frein who kills a cop they get a trip to court and face the judge. Why is that? This is why Ferguson is going to explode if Darren Wilson doesn't go to prison.

innocent people? what?

this 12-years old boy was carrying a BB gun... did you see the pix? it looks very real. the officer had a probable cause.

The article said that a witness called 911 saying that the boy was pointing the gun at people. When officers arrived, he was reaching down his waistband for a weapon. If the boy obey the officer's order, this would not have happened. There's air gun, BB gun that looks like a replica gun, such thing like this comes in the national news and we all hear about it. The question remains to why the boy had the replica weapon and pointing at people in the first place, that's a dangerous behavior.

But did the boy really reach for the gun , I can that hard to believe he would reach of a BB gun when the cop had a real gun. Or did the boy have a death wish ?

Exactly my point! Well said! Yeah, I was wondering if its really fair in the eyes of justice? Cop is a public servant, right? Public need to hear why they murder citizen.

To make matter worse about Ferguson is that the area where a white cop shot unarmed black teenager, and the whole department that deals with that area where its heavily black community and has 53 police in force, there is ONLY 3 black officer out of 53 police. Its prime combination for explosion no matter what... ONLY if there is no indict on that white cop... scary!

Have you heard of "What if Scenario"? Cop shot 2 rounds, one hit him, where did the other one go? It could have hit innocent bystander.

innocent people? what?

this 12-years old boy was carrying a BB gun... did you see the pix? it looks very real. the officer had a probable cause.

That gun looks totally real to me. I'm sorry the kid is dead, but cops have just a split second to make that horrible decision to shoot or not shoot. IF the report is correct and the kid went for the gun it was wrong. I don't believe any cop want's to shoot a kid. This kid apparently wanted the gun to look real by removing the bright orange safety cap. It is very very sad.

This is so sad. That boy's father or mother could have taken the time to teach him about gun safety, and to never ever point a BB gun at people and to do what the Police tell you to do. And yes, that BB gun looks like a Taurus .45 (or any other variation of the 1911)

I am also sure the officer was devastated.

This is so sad. That boy's father or mother could have taken the time to teach him about gun safety, and to never ever point a BB gun at people and to do what the Police tell you to do. And yes, that BB gun looks like a Taurus .45 (or any other variation of the 1911)

I am also sure the officer was devastated.

I can't understand why any parent would even by their kid a bb gun . What the HELL does a kid need a bb gun for in the first place ???

I can't understand why any parent would even by their kid a bb gun . What the HELL does a kid need a bb gun for in the first place ???

Well ... my parents bought me and my brother a BB gun when we were kids. We were also told that under no circumstances were we to point them at anyone.

I don't understand the aversion to teaching children about gun safety.

keep in mind that Cleveland is a..... rough town

If you see a 12 years old boy with a gun walking on the street, you'd be shitting your pants and better to call cop now for everyone's and my safety. Right?

Little off topic but I have not seen this story posted yet.
Florida Officer shot and killed in ambush.......this is happening too frequently. SAD!!!

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – A man who had made previous threats against police set his house on fire Saturday and ambushed the first sheriff's deputy who responded, fatally shooting the deputy and wounding another before he was killed by a police officer who lives nearby, a law enforcement official said.

The man's name and address had been entered into a law enforcement computer system because of previous threats, but the 911 dispatcher who entered the fire call put in the address of a neighbor who reported the blaze, so the alert wasn't activated and the Leon County deputy who responded first had no warning, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to release the information.

The gunman was hiding outside the house when the deputy approached about 10:15 a.m., the official said. He shot the deputy from behind, shot him again after he fell and then took the deputy's gun. The gunman then tried to take other weapons from the deputy's car, but they were locked down, said the official said, who had spoken to law enforcement officials handling the case.

The gunman, who lived at the end of a cul-de-sac, then shot another deputy, who escaped serious injury because of a bullet-proof vest. A Tallahassee police officer getting ready to work the Florida State University football game heard the shots, ran outside and fatally shot the gunman, who was hiding as other deputies and officers approached, the official said.

The names of the gunman and the dead and wounded deputy have not been released. Details of the gunman's previous threats to police officers were not available. The shootings were captured by surveillance video cameras in the neighborhood, the official said.

Pockets of flames could still be seen in the smoldering wreckage of the destroyed home hours after the fire was set. As night fell in the middle-class neighborhood, investigators sifted through the rubble with shovels under the bright glow of spotlights. The official said authorities didn't think anyone was killed in the fire.

"It is almost unimaginable that a call for help turned into the ambush of a Leon County Sheriff's Deputy and the shooting of another deputy by the assailant. Every one of these first responders is a hero and our hearts go out to them and their families," Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum said in a statement.

Neighbor Joan Cabbage said she called 911 to report the fire while her husband Henry went outside. She said she could see two patrol cars pull into the cul-de-sac when she heard "pop, pop, pop, pop, pop" that she thought was from the house burning.

"I saw a fire truck and he started backing up real fast -- I couldn't figure out why," she said. Her daughter, who had just left the house, then called to say police officers were running down the street with guns drawn.

"That's when I knew something big was going on," she said.

Dana Harrison, 20, said she was babysitting three young boys in a nearby house when she heard sirens, went outside and saw the fire. She then heard popping sounds, which she thought was caused by the fire, but a neighbor said they sounded like gunshots. She had hustled the boys inside when two police officers banged on the front door and then ran through the house into the backyard, which is near the burning house. The police told Harrison to get everyone into the bathroom.

"I was scared," she said.

The shooting near Florida's capital comes just two days after a police shootout at Florida State University left a gunman dead after he wounded two students and an employee.

Its how the liberal media choose the stories here are the facts.

if the kid is white and the police officer is white - Nobody will care.
If the kid is white and the police officer is black - Nobody will care.
If the kid is black and the police officer is black - Nobody will care.

But,If the kid is black and the police officer is white or
The kid is an illegal alien and the police officer is white.- There will be a nationwide outrage among blacks,Hispanics with protests, riots, throughout Cleveland and other big cities with big black population. Al Sharpton and Holder will be the night riders of this the whole time, with 90% of blacks crying and raging that a trigger happy racist white cop once again killed an innocent black kid. There might also be protesters lying on the ground outlined with chalk, with a toy gun "in they hands". Then the Governors order the National Guard having to restore order. For several more months there will be an increase of black on white crime as revenge for the killed kid.
Meanwhile, the liberals will be following the entire thing from the shadows like starving vultures, looking for an opportunity to strike to turn this into an anti-gun thing, mentioning income inequality at least once. This is the reality of our liberal society.

Its how the liberal media choose the stories here are the facts.

if the kid is white and the police officer is white - Nobody will care.
If the kid is white and the police officer is black - Nobody will care.
If the kid is black and the police officer is black - Nobody will care.

But,If the kid is black and the police officer is white or
The kid is an illegal alien and the police officer is white.- There will be a nationwide outrage among blacks,Hispanics with protests, riots, throughout Cleveland and other big cities with big black population. Al Sharpton and Holder will be the night riders of this the whole time, with 90% of blacks crying and raging that a trigger happy racist white cop once again killed an innocent black kid. There might also be protesters lying on the ground outlined with chalk, with a toy gun "in they hands". Then the Governors order the National Guard having to restore order. For several more months there will be an increase of black on white crime as revenge for the killed kid.
Meanwhile, the liberals will be following the entire thing from the shadows like starving vultures, looking for an opportunity to strike to turn this into an anti-gun thing, mentioning income inequality at least once. This is the reality of our liberal society.

why don't we focus on facts first in here?

1. a concerned citizen called 911 that there was a person pulling a gun from his waistband and pointing it at people.
2. police officers responded to call with logical and reasonable assumption that the situation was hostile and deadly.
3. upon arrival, an officer observed a juvenile picking up a gun from a bench, putting it in his waistband.
4. an officer reacted to such situation and yelled at him to put his hands up
5. instead - the boy pulled out a gun.
6. an officer shot twice.

so what are you saying? the cop was just trigger-happy because the juvenile was black? and shot him without warning and in cold blood?

Back