become a teacher of the deaf

zerodog

Reaction score
I am somewhat lookup on research around the colleges or universities. My understand they should look at total communicate and where I live those state. The university offer the degree as deaf teacher. I wants to change my career due economic and change my skills and shares benefit to communities.

What bothersome me that courses and literature that repeat are audiology. The program is nationally accredited by the Council on Education of the Deaf (CED) as a Comprehensive Program. Students are required to take courses in American Sign Language as well as courses in clinical audiology and auditory-oral approaches.

First of all... Myself deaf and I am not worry about the oral or auditory-oral. I am focus on total communicate. If the student ability with oral and sign language and then thats great. If student aren't skill or ability to practice with sound and speech therapy that waste student entire in school years. Such as no practice with language skills such as reading and writing.

I was inform when I was young and shared news about deaf average read level 3 or 4. Today, I got news my friend who young parent with deaf child. Young parent claim that read average is 3 or 4. I was surprise to learn and it has not even one step up such as 4 or 5 then so on.

I feel somewhat the teacher out there and who teaching with deaf student. What are their desire to archives for their student in classroom. I do not know if teacher is teaching to deaf student like as hearing way believes are successful? The teacher who teaching with student that never heard... too many wishes that student who should done before or never knew that would impact their life. In example; Deaf history, Deaf rights, and how it change Deaf World.

If teacher who teaching toward to deaf student with no visual or cued word or anything to motive or anything can do but pass on with word 'deaf can't' and then teacher is disgust.

I am somewhat lookup on research around the colleges or universities. My understand they should look at total communicate and where I live those state. The university offer the degree as deaf teacher. I wants to change my career due economic and change my skills and shares benefit to communities.

What bothersome me that courses and literature that repeat are audiology. The program is nationally accredited by the Council on Education of the Deaf (CED) as a Comprehensive Program. Students are required to take courses in American Sign Language as well as courses in clinical audiology and auditory-oral approaches.

First of all... Myself deaf and I am not worry about the oral or auditory-oral. I am focus on total communicate. If the student ability with oral and sign language and then thats great. If student aren't skill or ability to practice with sound and speech therapy that waste student entire in school years. Such as no practice with language skills such as reading and writing.

I was inform when I was young and shared news about deaf average read level 3 or 4. Today, I got news my friend who young parent with deaf child. Young parent claim that read average is 3 or 4. I was surprise to learn and it has not even one step up such as 4 or 5 then so on.

I feel somewhat the teacher out there and who teaching with deaf student. What are their desire to archives for their student in classroom. I do not know if teacher is teaching to deaf student like as hearing way believes are successful? The teacher who teaching with student that never heard... too many wishes that student who should done before or never knew that would impact their life. In example; Deaf history, Deaf rights, and how it change Deaf World.

If teacher who teaching toward to deaf student with no visual or cued word or anything to motive or anything can do but pass on with word 'deaf can't' and then teacher is disgust.

I suggest that you go to brown university.

my good friend who is going to be teacher and she went to brown.

she worked at american school for the deaf.

Teachers, regardless if they teach hearing or deaf, are overworked, underpaid, and not appreciated for all the work they do. We use many methods to teach kids, but the government is controlling what we do and how we teach.

We pay a lot of money to be teachers. When we get our certificates, we still have to pay money for workshops, meetings, and teacher tests. This year I will have to pay over $900 to get a new certificate with new tests.

Everyone blames teachers for poor education when there are many other reasons kids are behind.

I suggest that you go to brown university.

my good friend who is going to be teacher and she went to brown.

she worked at american school for the deaf.

Why do you suggest zerodog to go to Brown University? S/he has his/her own decisions on the college. What if s/he has children? Job? etc.

Dumbass. :roll:

Back