Disney Removes CC from Up rental release

Bummer!

If Disney considers captions (SDH) a "special feature", then maybe they should also consider audio a "special feature"--the reasoning is just as stupid. :mad:

What the hell?? Are they a bunch of dumbasses or what?

Any organization gonna go after them for it?

Yiz

How about the public going after them? That's 30+ million people with hearing loss.

Too bad our NAD is weak as shit. They could with the appropriate resources and personnel go after disney and get some nice sum of cash to operate off.

But again, with certain people heading them - they will just lay over and roll over.

Again, this could turn out to be short lived once people find out en masse.

fk, if I was heading NAD and found about this, I'd be on Disney faster than Peta when they are finding out Disney abused mouses.

Somebody can do a YouTube thing and if done right it certainly can go viral.

I got a feeling this will become a trend. So we need to get organized and let them know that CC is not a special feature nor a privilege. It is a right!

We need to contact congress and get some sort of bill passed to fine companies like Disney for not captioning a film at first release.

Yiz

I've always assumed there'd be CC when I buy a movie. I've never looked on the box to see if it's labeled. I'd flip a gasket if I brought one home and there's no CC. Tried to watch a movie my son had borrowed, think it was a copy, on his XBox and I had to keep stopping and messing with the volume, backing up, all that irritating stuff to try to understand what's said. Didn't think that it would be not included. It said french and spanish subtitles too. Now, I'm thinking it might not have been a copy and it was put out that way. How can anyone justify no CC? :confused: Not cool.

A little sacrifice among the many, many movies available that are CCed.

I brought from Redbox and didn't see closed caption. Then I put in my laptop. Found out, it label "UP_RENTAL" as I realize it's rental version DVD. That's so sucks. I await for refund. A lousy $1.07

A little sacrifice among the many, many movies available that are CCed.

I gotta disagree with ya here. If they have it CCed on the regular dvd, there is no sense in removing CC from the dvds for rent.

I personally will be demanding a refund for any dvd rented from red box that is not CCed.

Back