New app called Glide

My kids like it because they know how to get my attention by their emotion facial expression. LOL

I like it better than VP when you need to explain a short ones.. GLIDE works great for me.

I just installed that app last Tuesday. Have not had a chance to use it yet.

I love the app!!!!

I enjoy glide until I have installed iOS 8 on my iPhone 5, BAM Glide showing black screen, it enable me to send text, but black screen video. I contacted Glide, they said my i5 is the problem,which I disagree. I use FaceTime, fb video, others, it is working perfectly fine. :hmm:

pointless for me since many of my friends have iPhone so we do it thru iMessage

My kids like it because they know how to get my attention by their emotion facial expression. LOL

I like it better than VP when you need to explain a short ones.. GLIDE works great for me.

I agree! I just started using it too THIS week and I love being able to leave easy video msgs and not worry about calling and wait for signmail or whatever.

love it so far. it seems like its the newest fad right now -- but i think its here to stay.

I agree! I just started using it too THIS week and I love being able to leave easy video msgs and not worry about calling and wait for signmail or whatever.

love it so far. it seems like its the newest fad right now -- but i think its here to stay.

Yeah it is not that bad. lets see how it goes and hope it stays too.

My son said that a disadvantage is that it uses up battery power. Texting requires less battery power. Oh well...

In other words, get a smartphone with long-lasting battery.

Yeah I know lots of older Deaf people likes GLIDE better. I can respect them for it.

I haven't used it, but it's spreading through my dorm like wildfire. I keep seeing updates about who's got glide now etc. (it's available on android and IOS, now. I should try it out sometime, but my roommate and I usually use Tango to video call/message)

I used it today. It's nice to have the personal touch of video but able to watch the video a few times to get it right unlike Skype where I ask people to repeat themselves over and over and sometimes end up asking them to spell it out to me or type.

Glide is better then tango.tango video is live. If bad stopped connection looks awful. Glide sends later using buffer. Can text anytime too.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Glide is better then tango.tango video is live. If bad stopped connection looks awful. Glide sends later using buffer. Can text anytime too.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Good information. :ty: My roommate and I really only Tango in lieu of a phone call.

I just downloaded glide. Still feel self conscious about using it and understanding how it works, but it seems cool. My brother in law had been after me for weeks to download it so he can practice signing with me. It might come in handy for my parents who don't have FaceTime.

Back