Best Deaf Cell Phones? Samsung Galaxy Note II is one!

You could get a Youtube account and upload it there so you will always have it.

There are a lot of apps that will allow you to upload files from a phone to the cloud and/or your computer. It doesn't have to be to youTube.

There are a lot of apps that will allow you to upload files from a phone to the cloud and/or your computer. It doesn't have to be to youTube.

Yes. Like Photobucket, for example. Used to be only photos, but now they allow videos, too, a very recent feature, and one I have not yet tried.

Hi,
I am search for the better phablet....Which one of the phablet devices for the hearing-impaired people need.....vibrate, blink, videophone and etc....Any suggest?

Thank you.

Hi,
I am search for the better phablet....Which one of the phablet devices for the hearing-impaired people need.....vibrate, blink, videophone and etc....Any suggest?

Thank you.

Maybe you have tried various tablets at Best Buy to see if it suits your requirements?

For me, I use iPad 2 (2nd generation) for VP, facetime, etc.

The S5 would be a little easier to carry than the Note 2 or 3. I have large hands and found the Note 3 to be pretty big and it'd require both hands to operate. It's more a phablet, being that it's between being a phone and a tablet, which makes it ideal for video chat and signing while still being more portable than a tablet.

If you want to go with a cheaper solution, the Motorola Moto X ($350 w/o contract or $0.01 w/2-year contract) is an excellent phone. Feels real good in the hands, the volume is nice and loud, and it has a bunch of excellent features. The voice command stuff even works well, it didn't seem to have any issues with my speech impediment, amazingly enough. It is a little older and slower compared to the more recent high-end phones, but it is still good for a year or two and is a ton of value for the price.

If you want to go even lower in price, there's the Moto G ($200 w/o contract) and finally the Moto E ($120 w/o contract). Both are great phones for the price, and like the Moto X, I found the volume to be quite loud at max and voice clarity excellent.

Don't bother reading the rest of this if you're deaf, it only applies if you are HI...

I've been doing some testing and I found the Note 4 is louder than the Moto X or the S5. The Note 4 was able to put out 111db from the earpiece! Samsung also has "Adapt Sound" on the Note 4 and a volume boost option while in a call. The only current phones at Verizon that I could understand the other person on were the Note 4, LG G3 and the Sony Xperia Z3v. All the other phones were significantly quieter, and the Note 4 was noticeably louder than all of them. I imagine if you go through the Adapt Sound setup for the Note 4, it would be even better since it will customize the sound for your hearing. The S5 might have the adapt sound option as well (it is a Samsung feature), but I wasn't able to try it.

Don't bother reading the rest of this if you're deaf, it only applies if you are HI...

I've been doing some testing and I found the Note 4 is louder than the Moto X or the S5. The Note 4 was able to put out 111db from the earpiece! Samsung also has "Adapt Sound" on the Note 4 and a volume boost option while in a call. The only current phones at Verizon that I could understand the other person on were the Note 4, LG G3 and the Sony Xperia Z3v. All the other phones were significantly quieter, and the Note 4 was noticeably louder than all of them. I imagine if you go through the Adapt Sound setup for the Note 4, it would be even better since it will customize the sound for your hearing. The S5 might have the adapt sound option as well (it is a Samsung feature), but I wasn't able to try it.
yes the S5 has the adapt sound feature and I've played with it a few times. Works pretty well. My choice was down to the s5 or the Note 4 but went with the s5 as it was on sale (it was a gift).

My problem is the microphone when I plug in my DAI cord ('earpiece'/'headphone'); it seems when it is plugged in nobody can hear me but if it's not plugged in then they hear crystal clear. Haven't figured out why. I do plan to go to the Verizon store soon (as I have a rebate card to use up yet :D) and will ask.

yes the S5 has the adapt sound feature and I've played with it a few times. Works pretty well. My choice was down to the s5 or the Note 4 but went with the s5 as it was on sale (it was a gift).

My problem is the microphone when I plug in my DAI cord ('earpiece'/'headphone'); it seems when it is plugged in nobody can hear me but if it's not plugged in then they hear crystal clear. Haven't figured out why. I do plan to go to the Verizon store soon (as I have a rebate card to use up yet :D) and will ask.

Did you figure out the issue with your DAI cord? If not, the problem could be that the phone thinks the DAI cord has a built in microphone, when it may not (I'm not sure which cord you are using). If you are still having issues with it, let me know what cord it is and there is probably an adapter that will take care of the issue.

Did you figure out the issue with your DAI cord? If not, the problem could be that the phone thinks the DAI cord has a built in microphone, when it may not (I'm not sure which cord you are using). If you are still having issues with it, let me know what cord it is and there is probably an adapter that will take care of the issue.
hmm maybe? I 'm about to run out the door so can't get the info about the DAI cord right now- I'll post this afternoon where it came from. I never did resolve it. The Verizon guys say it's a 'short' in my DAI cord as they were able to use their head/ear phones in testing my phone... so the mic part apparently is ok.

Intriguing. I have yet to test my older DAI cord to see if that one works but the friend I wanted to test with- she said now HER phone is wonky (the mic part on hers as she is hearing and doesn't use any sort of earpiece.

My Clarity phone needs to be replace and it's really hard to find landline phones anymore. I have notice a lot offices are using a 'new improved'
phone and I have trouble hearing the person on my phone. I have no idea what to buy for new phone , there is no place in my small city , only a tiny RadioShack . I will have to go to NH to Staples .

@lawgrace-

Here is what I have--

http://www.hearing-aid-batteries.org.uk/product/direct-audio-input-cord-use-dai-shoes/

and

http://www.hearing-aid-batteries.org.uk/product/direct-audio-input-cord-use-dai-shoes/

My two were purchased from Connevans (the second link) but for the life of me I cannot remember if they are fmGenie or non-fmGenie. I wonder if that's the issue-- something about attenuation...?? It looks like I might have gotten the fmGenie kind but will find out (if he still has the emails lol- this is back from 2013).

The older pair I have are direct from Oticon but are about 8 years old.

I would definitely try out an adapter if I could! Thanks!

@lawgrace-

Here is what I have--

and

My two were purchased from Connevans (the second link) but for the life of me I cannot remember if they are fmGenie or non-fmGenie. I wonder if that's the issue-- something about attenuation...?? It looks like I might have gotten the fmGenie kind but will find out (if he still has the emails lol- this is back from 2013).

The older pair I have are direct from Oticon but are about 8 years old.

I would definitely try out an adapter if I could! Thanks!

Perfect! It looks like those are stereo only with no microphone, so when you plug them in they will disable the speaker on the phone, but not the mic. Have you tried holding the phone up to near your mouth when you talk using the cables? If you already knew all that, sorry, I have talked to several people who didn't :)

One option that would allow you to go wireless is to get something like this...

That is a bluetooth streamer with a built in microphone. Your cables would plug in to that, and it would basically convert them into a bluetooth headset for you. I actually have that one, and the microphone in it is great!

Another option is a cabled solution like this...

That will plug into your phone and then you cables will plug in to it. Then you can talk hands-free using it.

yeah I actually did try to hold the phone up and speak through that way... all sorts of positions lol... none worked.

I'll take a look at those links you posted. I still haven't tried my older Oticon DAI cord to see if those work or not (nobody to test with).

just as well I've been doing voice calls less and less especially with cell phones lately...

Thank you!

Back